GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EC thought Bowie was a garbage bag at first maybe the jogger thought similar and went on about his way.

Could be it's his turn around spot and he likes a loop in and out to keep moving.

At what nightclub, I’m wondering, did she sing?

She bar tended part time so the other work part was performing?

They both seem like the kind of activity that an unbalanced person might feel closer to the bartender/performer than acceptable.

all imo

One of the interviews or video calls EC did with MSM she stated the she called her brother, AC, after calling 911 & he called JC. JC came to the park from Fayetteville & stayed, speaking to detectives, while EC sat in the back of an APD vehicle for several hrs. The 11alive news videos from that morning shows JC for a second or 2 w/a black tshirt on. From research I did, I found that AC lives or lived very close to CA & 10th St w/ his BF. I never saw him in any of those videos but he is in one of the vigil videos. I don't believe he came to the park that night, IMO. EC was taken to APD precinct for several more hrs, questioned, photographed, her phone was taken by investigators & her apt was searched while she was there. I would speculate that her clothes were taken as well since she was physically in the crime scene. EC & JC did numerous interviews approximately 38 hrs after the murders. She has a white t in some & a black t in some. There are close up shots of her face neck arms & hands. She doesn't have a mark on her. JC has shorts & shirt on & does not appear to have any injuries. I have never seen an interview or heard any comments from her brother nor heard anything at all about her mother. I got alot from watching the interviews EC did as well as the 1st video 11alive news did that morning.

Great observation. I haven't seen or heard anything from AC. I didn't even realize she had a brother who lived nearby.

No way I believe E killed both her and the dog without a mark on her and cleaned all the blood off her clothes in what's bound to have been a bloodbath in that amount of time to call 911 with people showing up right then.It doesn't make sense.

I don't believe she did it either. I think someone else, who knew the couple, or one of them.

OK AGGRO.

He does NOT make it "clear" that Katie didn't know her attacker. In fact, he says that the most obvious POI would be someone who knew her. He says an intimate attack can not be discounted until the case is solved. So, NO, it's not "clear."

I apologize. Maybe "clear" was not the right word.
I realize everyone perceives things differently based on opinions we've already formed. I don't suspect EC and I do not believe police suspect EC... so perhaps that's why I interpreted his responses differently than others.

But for the sake of argument-- This is how I came to my personal conclusion if anyone is interested.

When asked whether he was surprised no DNA was found, Velazquez attributed that mindset to what he calls the Hollywood CSI effect.
2:56 "we have fallen into what's called the hollywood CSI effect.
Essentially the false notion that DNA is left at every scene, based on what is seen on TV and in movies. IMO

From that statement, I interpreted the phrase "CSI effect" to mean something a lot of people believe to be consistently true, when, in fact, that's not always the case.

Velazquez again references the "CSI effect" at t.c. 4:34 when asked whether he saw the stab wounds as evidence of a passionate/intimate killing.
4:34 "again, this is the CSI effect...that's the "go to."
This statement led me to believe he was, again, warning people not to jump to conclusions based on what we think we know from tv shows, movies and even documented criminal cases. IMO

He followed up with this--
5:38 - 6:20
"So right now, my understanding is there's no connection to anyone intimate to this victim... from my understanding.
That doesn't mean that's not the case. I think at the end of the day, we will find out when this case is solved...
But we cannot discount the fact that historically, along with intimate relation homicides where someone is stabbed that many times, there are a lot of cases where the perpetrator is a stranger to the victim and they are suffering mental illness.
I think the Atlanta Police Department... they're also looking at that to make sure they vet any possibility of someone with mental illness... And there are many ways to do that. And I think that's kinda the road they may be going down right now."

IMO it sounded like he was leaning more towards a mentally unstable/psychotic killer rather than someone who knew KJ. He definitely does not dismiss the known killer theory... and I never suggested he did.

This is ALL IMO

Did anyone read the AJC article stating that Katherine Janness had three kids?

No Arrests In Katherine Janness Murder, Police Say It's 'Moving In Right Direction' | Oxygen Official Site. This is the article that states that KJ had recently moved to Atlanta from Rome, Georgia and that she had three kids. This is the first I have heard of this.

omg... they combined two different stories. The mother with three kids is about 30 year old Jamesha Trammell. That's so bad.

'I miss my momma': Family members identify woman whose body was found in NW Atlanta

Has anyone here followed the story about the recent shooters in Denver by a guy named Lyndon McLeod? He authored a book series called “sanction”, under a pen name, Roman McClay where the main character went on a killing spree. Well, McLeod ended up going on a killing spree a few weeks ago just like he did in the book he wrote. He actually used the name of two of the victims he went on to kill in his book. One of his victims he named was a very well loved member of the minority/lgbt tattoo community in Denver.

This guy was nuts. Full of rage. According to news sources, he wrote about fantasies about killing people in BLM. I haven’t read the books, so I don’t know what exactly he wrote about though.

Anyway, my point is that it appears this guy’s books had a cult following. This is the type of perp (meaning, a staunch follower of the type of worldview of someone like McLeod) that I picture when I think of who could and would pull what this monster pulled in Katie’s murder. JMO

Denver gunman who killed five self-published gruesome novels filled with murder

Investigators searched killer's mountain home days after shooting rampage | News | denvergazette.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95