GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If any of you live in the Atlanta area, I don’t think you would be turned away if you went to share some of your theories with a detective on this case. I have been hoping that the PD would be reading online here because there are a multitude of possibilities about what happened and brainstorming, as these postings do, can only stir up thought-provoking ideas that they may have not considered. But, like many believe, it’s possible that they have someone in their radar. Even so, I imagine they would listen. I believe they check out every lead they get. I would think that it’s of the ultimate importance to get the ducks in line before arresting someone and fizzling out in court.
I’m pretty sure they’ve checked my theory first. As in, literally first.

This sort of stuff certainly doesn't help the police to solve existing crimes.
The "good" news is that most of the protests are outside the Atlanta city limits (even though it is an Atlanta police facility being built). So it is DeKalb County Police and the Georgia State Patrol that deal with the bulk of the protests. Sure, there are a few protests in the city but most of this is outside the city.

Sure hoping they would give some sort of press conference update soon!

Again, maybe their tight lipped silence is a good thing? It’s either, 1. They don’t want to say anything that would give this person a head start…….2. They literally just don’t have anything new to say to anyone.

I also hope they’re feeling the pressure from this case though. It may be a pin drop in their bucket of murder cases, but the crowd of people wanting justice for Kj is strong. I don’t think people will ever stop pressuring them to make the arrest

Sure hoping they would give some sort of press conference update soon!

Again, maybe their tight lipped silence is a good thing? It’s either, 1. They don’t want to say anything that would give this person a head start…….2. They literally just don’t have anything new to say to anyone.

I also hope they’re feeling the pressure from this case though. It may be a pin drop in their bucket of murder cases, but the crowd of people wanting justice for Kj is strong. I don’t think people will ever stop pressuring them to make the arrest
I’m happy to hear there is so much support for Katie and Bowie. Thank you for caring.

The "good" news is that most of the protests are outside the Atlanta city limits (even though it is an Atlanta police facility being built). So it is DeKalb County Police and the Georgia State Patrol that deal with the bulk of the protests. Sure, there are a few protests in the city but most of this is outside the city.
Unfortunately now the protests have spread into the city of Atlanta.

Unfortunately now the protests have spread into the city of Atlanta.
o/t Had no idea about the protests, until now.. is it because they do not want the forest destroyed, or they do not want more LE?
''During the news conference, Dickens said many of those arrested “don’t even live in Atlanta or in the state of Georgia” and some were found “with explosives.”

o/t Had no idea about the protests, until now.. is it because they do not want the forest destroyed, or they do not want more LE?
Seems to be a very mixed group. Some want to preserve the forest, some are anti-LE, and a lot believe attacking inanimate objects and destroying them (like bank buildings) is not violence. Most don’t appear to be from Atlanta or even Georgia.

''During the news conference, Dickens said many of those arrested “don’t even live in Atlanta or in the state of Georgia” and some were found “with explosives.”

I think it is mostly anti-LE protesters. Antifa showed up. Sad situation.

I was hoping by now that there would be an arrest or something. But I’m not surprised that not much has happened. I posted on here over a year ago that I spoke with an apd homicide detective (personal friend) and was told that at that time they had no idea who committed this crime.

This whole case is baffling to me. What are the chances of brutally killing a woman and a dog…out in the open…and leaving no evidence. It blows my mind. In my opinion, the perp had to know the cameras in the park were not working. They could’ve known that because they work in a position where they are privy to that info or the perp may have committed a prior crime in the park and found out the cameras weren’t working at that time.

I am new to Katie's case, are there any verified insiders on this case? I have some questions, the biggest one being what other similar crimes have occurred with letters being carved in the victims body?

I noticed that alot of people seem to think the letters were "FAT", and was surprised to look at the (terrible) autopsy report and see that the letters were actually "TFA". Has this been discussed?

Here is a video on the case that was just done this week, I thought it was a good one.

TFA?
Urban dictionary- fwiw.
''T.F. - Annihilation - An irrefutable display of grisly power that completely, mercilessly, and swiftly obliterates an object or entity without significant opposition.''

I am new to Katie's case, are there any verified insiders on this case? I have some questions, the biggest one being what other similar crimes have occurred with letters being carved in the victims body?

I noticed that alot of people seem to think the letters were "FAT", and was surprised to look at the (terrible) autopsy report and see that the letters were actually "TFA". Has this been discussed?

Here is a video on the case that was just done this week, I thought it was a good one.

I don’t believe the letters are FAT. Possibly a slur or something else with the same letter strokes. FAT makes no sense however it’s contemplated. Do any of you feel a documentary, a podcast or relating the crime on a Cold Case tv show would help in any way? Though you all are tuned in to many areas, there are people who only know or are interested in their own small circle for many reasons-not a criticism. One person I may talk to knows about this crime, the next person may not. Just wondering what would help.

Last edited:
I was hoping by now that there would be an arrest or something. But I’m not surprised that not much has happened. I posted on here over a year ago that I spoke with an apd homicide detective (personal friend) and was told that at that time they had no idea who committed this crime.

This whole case is baffling to me. What are the chances of brutally killing a woman and a dog…out in the open…and leaving no evidence. It blows my mind. In my opinion, the perp had to know the cameras in the park were not working. They could’ve known that because they work in a position where they are privy to that info or the perp may have committed a prior crime in the park and found out the cameras weren’t working at that time.
Me too (about hoping there would be an arrest in this case by now). It’s deeply upsetting to me for more than just the obvious reason. My niece is a student at Georgia Tech and lives on campus (she’s actually an RA), and the school’s proximity to Piedmont Park is just way too close for comfort.

Me too (about hoping there would be an arrest in this case by now). It’s deeply upsetting to me for more than just the obvious reason. My niece is a student at Georgia Tech and lives on campus (she’s actually an RA), and the school’s proximity to Piedmont Park is just way too close for comfort.
Piedmont Park is not what I’d worry about from Georgia Tech. There have been other murders closer to campus.

The cameras in the park are interesting. My understanding is that it isn't that the don't work, but that they were so old and obsolete that no data could be retrieved. Which sounded odd to me. But we never heard much about them after a while. Were the cameras obvious in their location? It seems to me that the number of people that could have known they were useless would have been pretty limited. And would tend to indicate a level of planning and sophistication in the attack.

If your friend is to be believed, then that would tend to indicate the attack was from a legit stranger to KJ.

I can’t speak, obviously, to Valiant’s reply being blunt, but it’s a hard world and he/she was being realistic. However, there are Many truly good people out there as well. Do what you can to arm your niece with common sense and quality information about protecting herself.

Can someone explain to me how they were able to get still shots of the “jogger” going in and out of the CA gate, but don’t have footage of KJ or Bowie being attacked at the gate?

Am I just missing something? Or am I confused about which gate she was killed at?

I thought they said she was “believe to have been attacked right at the entrance”. So……why don’t they have it on tape, if they have the jogger on tape? Am I just stupid?! Lol

Can someone explain to me how they were able to get still shots of the “jogger” going in and out of the CA gate, but don’t have footage of KJ or Bowie being attacked at the gate?

Am I just missing something? Or am I confused about which gate she was killed at?

I thought they said she was “believe to have been attacked right at the entrance”. So……why don’t they have it on tape, if they have the jogger on tape? Am I just stupid?! Lol
If you notice, the jogger and others shown were outside the gate. It appears the camera facing out was good. But that camera does not show into the park. It’s possible the camera facing out and the cameras inside were two different systems.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back