Found Deceased GA - Kelly Nash, 25, Buford, 5 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does someone have the Facebook page handy to repost here.... TIA

ETA: Found two of them

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelly-Nash-Missing/1529852170596731?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelly-Nash-Missing-Command-Center/1468077230083857?fref=ts

There are 50 guests here right now on this thread... It would be great to have you guys join in!

ETA: Anyone that are guests from Lake Lanier on the south side by Shoal Creek or the Marina ?

NOTE: To those that are not familiar with this area of the lake. The VERY VERY bottom finger is in Gwinett County...and most of the lake (Lanier) is in Hall County. This show is talking about Gwinett County investigation. .. but only a sliver is in Gwinett.

Showing the Citgo now.

Oh oh oh... the show has just said that indeed what I heard tonight at the party..that his dad lived up there on the lake by where he lived. :thud: I thought that I had followed this case here...but I had never heard this on the news that his dad lived there ...(where body was found)...and what I have heard from previews is that he was found with a bullet wound (haven't heard that on the show yet...but previews said such)

End of show.... The show never pointed out that his dad lived up near Shadburn Ferry where the body was found (was it on the south side, or the north side of the finger?), but did a dot on a map at one point in the show. At the very end trailer, it had on screen that Hall County had said that he died of a gunshot wound, although to this day it has not been said by LE other than this "exclusive" to the producers of this show iirc.

There are 50 guests here right now on this thread... It would be great to have you guys join in!

ETA: Anyone that are guests from Lake Lanier on the south side by Shoal Creek or the Marina ?

Thread Information

There are currently 367 users browsing this thread. (6 members and 361 guests)

Join in folks! Especially those atthelake

I had no idea about the gunshot......

I had never heard of such before here on the threads, but apparently folks atthelake had heard of... RUMOR that I heard but the show said also in a trailer at the end. Has NOT been confirmed by LE at this time.

ETA: Rumor atthelake is that the gunshot wound was to the head. No article has that in print that I have seen.

I followed this case pretty closely from Day 1 up until his body was found, via the Kelly Nash Missing FB page. Watching the special on ID tonight, I learned of two things I don't remember hearing/reading before:

1) His dad's home was on the lake.
2) Dogs picked up on his scent near the water on Day 4.

It's interesting how the show acquired the info of a gunshot wound, yet LE hasn't officially released that.

I followed this case pretty closely from Day 1 up until his body was found, via the Kelly Nash Missing FB page. Watching the special on ID tonight, I learned of two things I don't remember hearing/reading before:

1) His dad's home was on the lake.
2) Dogs picked up on his scent near the water on Day 4.

It's interesting how the show acquired the info of a gunshot wound, yet LE hasn't officially released that.

They did a quick "dot on a map" at the beginning of where his father lives. I was not totally attentive to the tv at that moment in time...but a glance looked like it was a finger on the very southeast end of the lake.... could have been Shadburn Ferry which I heard earlier today was circa where his dad lived... RUMOR unconfirmed.

Investigation Discovery is replaying the disappearance special on Kelly Nash, now..

so heartbreaking. His poor family. I was literally in tears watching Disappeared, and now I can't sleep. I just don't understand :(.

I find this case so baffling! How can a person who is very much loved by his family, has many friends, is smart, athletic, attractive and has no money problems, just play some video games
and then just decide to go kill themselves?? It seems so out of character for him. By all accounts, he didn't suffer from depression or anxiety and he (as far as I know) didn't leave a note.

If it *was* foul play, what would be the point? There was no robbery or any motivation whatsoever.
Also, has it been determined that the bullet was from his gun? I don't recall that being mentioned.
As I type this, I have a bad sinus infection, and even with all the medication I am on, I can't imagine that
being much of a trigger for suicide.
So much about this case doesn't make sense.
Seeing his family...especially his Mother, was heart wrenching.
I hope they find peace.

I find this case so baffling! How can a person who is very much loved by his family, has many friends, is smart, athletic, attractive and has no money problems, just play some video games
and then just decide to go kill themselves?? It seems so out of character for him. By all accounts, he didn't suffer from depression or anxiety and he (as far as I know) didn't leave a note.

If it *was* foul play, what would be the point? There was no robbery or any motivation whatsoever.
Also, has it been determined that the bullet was from his gun? I don't recall that being mentioned.
As I type this, I have a bad sinus infection, and even with all the medication I am on, I can't imagine that
being much of a trigger for suicide.
So much about this case doesn't make sense.
Seeing his family...especially his Mother, was heart wrenching.
I hope they find peace.

I agree. I am baffled and left with more questions after last night's episode.

It is bizarre to think he shot himself...but if the bullet turns out to match those at home and/or the gun, if it is ever found, I think he must have done so. It seems even more unlikely that he was shot with his with his own gun and put into the water, Imo.

Again, no one ever knows what is going on inside another person. We think we do, but it is not possible.
I wish this family could get solid answers but even that may not be possible. Jmo

It is bizarre to think he shot himself...but if the bullet turns out to match those at home and/or the gun, if it is ever found, I think he must have done so. It seems even more unlikely that he was shot with his with his own gun and put into the water, Imo.

Again, no one ever knows what is going on inside another person. We think we do, but it is not possible.
I wish this family could get solid answers but even that may not be possible. Jmo

Agree 100%. Many times, despite how close we are with a person, we truly do not know what is going on in their life. I do hope this family gets the answers they deserve, although it might not be what they want to hear, or accept.

If I were to ignore everything that reportedly happened immediately before his dissappearance I could see a suicidal person going to a place that comforted him to follow thru with the act. He was very close to the home he grew up in. But the preceding events just don't feel right IMO to point to suicide. If it is suicide what do we not know? Carrying a full load of classes at school plus working 30 hours/week. Was this too much? This whole thing does not sit right in my head.

Just proves one of my main theories of life: You cannot compare someone's outsides to your insides. We can never really know another person, no matter how close.

I agree. I am baffled and left with more questions after last night's episode.

I saw the episode too. "Baffling" is the word. And sad. :( I've got some lingering questions too, KristiA. A few reflections/questions for you guys:

Convenience store~
I just went back a few pages ("JerseyGirl"'s Post #59) to look at the 9 p.m. video of him in the store that last night...I don't know exactly what I was looking for, but I was wondering how he appeared. It's hard to really tell from that brief video of him, but I wanted to see it, nontheless. Anything strike you guys at all about that snippet, with him in the store? (He *was* in actual PJ pants...being that he was {apparently} feeling sick and that the store was just around the corner from his house, probably can't glean much from that I guess, but I did want to see if he changed into sweatpants or something, before going to the store). A question I had: he called his GF at the convenience store (to ask about extra things to pick up), so was it that she was not home when he left for the store? I think I'm confused on why he wouldn't have asked her about what to pick up at the store before leaving their house. I'm just trying to get some insight into how he was thinking that evening, but I'm not completely getting the timing on this one. Probably just me...I may have missed this aspect with the program.

Cellphone~
Also, I thought the ID show mentioned his cell showed a 28-second call that went to his girlfriend's voicemail sometime that night/in the wee hours. I thought it was mentioned that they weren't sure if it was just that he sat on his phone and it dialed to his GF (when he was on the sofa and she was in bed), or if he actually left a message on purpose for her (think that would be odd/significant to leave her a message on her cell at that time, so I'm curious on the time of that call and hope LE has a clear analysis of that call, to be able to hear if he said anything)...being that his phone was located in their home, at least it's clear that the call was made (accidentally or not) in their home. Please let me know if I got any of this wrong.

Details bugging me~
I agree about no way of knowing if something was going on with him (it apears those closest to him saw no clues on anything like that)...there *seemed* to be many positives: new house; upcoming work project with a higher level of responsibility; close to graduating, etc. But he could have been stressed/depressed or hiding something from his loved ones. With the report of the gunshot wound and his gun missing, that really does sound like suicide. But...

I know this is such a small thing, but the door to the house being left open is bothering me (the door that his GF pointed out was left open -- she said they always exited the house from that lower-level door). Here is what bugs me: even if his intention was to leave the house and, sadly, commit suicide...would anybody who was thoughtful enough to call his GF and ask what he could pick up at the store (when sick and/or even in a suicidal frame of mind) be a person who would then leave a door (accessing the house) wide open like that? Believe me, I'm not making a statement on someone in a possibly suicidal mindset being irresponsible to leave the door open. I am just wondering if it would *still* be unusual that he left the door open (for safety of GF, and I also noticed they have a dog, so I guess also thought to closing it to not let the dog out) -- I'm wondering if he still would just automatically have closed the door. I know it's a quirky thing to ponder, but we are often creatures of habit...so if he would typically close the door, it seems like he would still do that. So it opens up (no pun intended) some doubt for me. Did he step outside and intended to return? Did something else happen?

But I'm trying to think this all out in a logical way, and that just doesn't always work in these cases, as we all know. Obviously, if it's correct that he sustained a gunshot wound and his gun is missing -- and the dogs hit on his scent at a dock, as well as there being someone caught on surveillance around the time he may have been walking toward the lake -- well, that all does seem to point more toward self-harm.

Despite that, the other thing gnawing at me is if he was feeling ill (and/or was in such a sad/bad) frame of mind, staying up playing video games into the wee hours seems so "off" to me. But again, I'm trying to make this make sense...and it's impossible to understand another's thought processes unless they reveal them to someone. It's just hard for me to imagine someone playing video games lying on a sofa then (seemingly) putting themselves into a lake later that night. You're playing video games, and you're knowing that you're going to later walk to a lake and end your life? Or you suddenly decide to do that, while playing video games? It's so hard to take either in, for me. The only other thing I wondered is if he took medication that caused a very awful, bizarre reaction.

Anyway, very sad...and my thoughts, FWIW.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back