Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017 *mom & stepdad arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No update on Tanya.

Leon:

6/1/2020 NOTICE OF RESCHEDULED UAP HEARING
6/1/2020 NOTICE OF RESCHEDULED UAP HEARING
6/1/2020 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT APRIL 6, 2020 MOTIONS OMNIBUS FILING

link: https://cocaugustaga.com/mainpage.aspx

Just did a search for the hearing back in May - but just coming up with old articles - anyone in the U.S. have any better luck?

Well - I did not know about this (in bold)!!! And considering it's a 2017 article (just noticed the date). But there is something strange - the article has their "current" ages in it - ?? and talks about the hearing for Leon; I'm going to "guess" that the 6/30 & 7/1 hearings listed below are for this year - what do you think? I put this link into Outline as it would not let me view it here in Europe. Maybe the "original" article has the correct date for the article??

Motion: Mother and stepfather sought killer before Augusta teen's death

April 17, 2017 ???

Long before the remains of a missing Augusta teen were found after months of community searches, Latania Janell Carwell’s mother and stepfather planned to kill her, according to court documents.

Prosecutors filed a motion requesting permission to introduce evidence of additional criminal acts by Leon Tripp and Tanya Tripp — that the two solicited someone to kill the teen during September and December 2015 and again in October 2016.
[.....]
In documents filed last week, prosecutors responded to 87 motions filed on Leon Tripp’s behalf. Judge Daniel J. Craig has set hearings for June 30 and July 1.

The prosecutors objected to many defense motions, including 10 motions for the suppression of statements Leon Tripp made to investigators on May 23 and 26, and June 2, 7, 9, and 26, all in 2017, and statements made March 12 and 14, 2018.

and yes, I'll be shortening this up a bit! :) Going to put them both on this hearing.

Tuesday, June 30th:
*Motions Hearing for both (2 days) (@ ET) - GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell (16) (Apr. 17, 2017, Augusta; found Mar. 8, 2018) - *Leon Lamarr Tripp (38/now 41) step-dad arrested (5/23/17) & indicted (3/13/18) of 2 counts of murder, kidnapping with bodily injury, cruelty to children in the 1st degree & concealing a death. Plead not guilty. Bond $500K. DA will seek DP.
Court information from 2/2/18 thru 4/25/19 reference post #876 here:
Found Deceased - GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017

3/6/20 Update: Tripp’s Richmond County Superior Court case was recently reassigned to Judge Daniel J. Craig. The case was specially assigned because District Attorney Natalie Paine filed notice of her intention to seek a death sentence if Tripp is convicted of murder. Craig told the attorneys Friday (3/6/20) that he wanted to ensure Tripp’s case was on track after a 19-month delay since Tripp was arraigned. Craig set an April 6 deadline for the attorneys to file all motions. The motion hearing will be May 21 & 22.
5/22/20 Update: Prosecutors filed a motion requesting permission to introduce evidence of additional criminal acts by Leon Tripp & Tanya Tripp — that the two solicited someone to kill the teen during September & December 2015 and again in October 2016. In documents filed last week, prosecutors responded to 87 motions filed on Leon Tripp’s behalf. Judge Daniel J. Craig has set hearings for June 30 and July 1.

*Tanya Faye Tripp (35/now 38) "mom" arrested (5/23/17) & indicted (3/13/18) of 2nd degree murder, concealing a death & harboring a fugitive. Plead not guilty. $500K bond.
Failed to provide accurate info regarding the circumstances of her daughter’s abduction.
Trial was set for 1/28/19, delayed to start 8/5/19-continued no date.

2/7/19 Update: Trial has NOT started. It’s on the Jury Trial list along with dozens of other cases, according to Court clerks.
4/3/19: Application for "Leave of Court" on 7/22 to 7/25/19. (Leave of Court: Permission obtained from a court to take some action which, without such permission, would not be allowable; as, to sue a receiver, to file an amended pleading, to plead several pleas).
5/28/19 Update: Trial Jury Calendar Call hearing. 6/11/19: Order for in camera inspection. Trial date is set for 8/5. 11/22/19 Update: Appearance on 11/22 & motion for the production of discovery & Brady materials filed. 1/10/20: Leave of Absence for Zachary Goolsby.
11/22/19 Update: On 3/9/20: Entry of appearance in court appointed conflict case, defendant's motion adopting prior counsel's discovery motions. 3/9/20: Hearings on 5/21 & 5/22. 5/22/20 Update: Prosecutors filed a motion requesting permission to introduce evidence of additional criminal acts by Leon Tripp & Tanya Tripp — that the two solicited someone to kill the teen during September & December 2015 and again in October 2016. In documents filed last week, prosecutors responded to 87 motions filed on Leon Tripp’s behalf. Judge Daniel J. Craig has set hearings for June 30 and July 1.

Nothing new on the court site - as usual... :rolleyes:

Wednesday, July 1st:
*Motions Hearing for both (Day 2 of 2) (@ ET) - GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell (16) (Apr. 17, 2017, Augusta; found Mar. 8, 2018) - *Leon Lamarr Tripp (38/now 41) step-dad arrested (5/23/17) & indicted (3/13/18) of 2 counts of murder, kidnapping with bodily injury, cruelty to children in the 1st degree & concealing a death. Plead not guilty. Bond $500K. DA will seek DP.
Court info from 2/2/18 thru 3/6/20 reference post #883 here:

5/22/20 Update: Prosecutors filed a motion requesting permission to introduce evidence of additional criminal acts by Leon Tripp & Tanya Tripp — that the two solicited someone to kill the teen during September & December 2015 and again in October 2016. In documents filed last week, prosecutors responded to 87 motions filed on Leon Tripp’s behalf. Judge Daniel J. Craig has set hearings for June 30 and July 1.
6/30/20 Update: No info on what happened on day 1 of motions hearing.

*Tanya Faye Tripp (35/now 38) "mom" arrested (5/23/17) & indicted (3/13/18) of 2nd degree murder, concealing a death & harboring a fugitive. Plead not guilty. $500K bond.
Failed to provide accurate info regarding the circumstances of her daughter’s abduction.
Trial was set for 1/28/19, delayed to start 8/5/19-continued no date.

Court info from 2/7/19 thru 3/9/20 reference post #883 here:

6/30/20 Update: No info on what happened on day 1 of motions hearing.

Other than an update in the court site - I haven't seen anything else on what happened at the court hearings. Anyone?? This entry for Leon "might" be regarding the 2-day hearings he just had. Kind of slow on updating their court site.... :rolleyes:

Leon:

6/26/2020 NOTICE OF RESCHEDULED UAP HEARING

link: https://cocaugustaga.com/mainpage.aspx

There is no updates on the court site - so I googled to see if there was anything "recent" - nope.... as usually old articles - latest was from March, 2020. So I noticed there was a FB page for LaTania - so posted a request for an update on the past 2 court hearings we had just last week. Let's see if get a response! :)

another update - of NO update on the court site.

Anyone getting any "new" articles on what might have happened on the court dates of 6/30 & 7/1?? As usual I'm just getting old articles over here....

Just an update - of NO updates on the court site....
38x34px-LL-c8578451_4.gif

Well this is strange... I looked up Leon & was going to look up Tanya - and it's giving me a "Server Not Found" notice.... :rolleyes:

No update for Leon, and I'd would guess Tanya doesn't have any either. ;)

edited to add: and while I was typing this - the court site came up. And nope - no update for Tanya....

Wish there was a different court site that would explain "why" it is taking so long - well besides the virus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephenWiltshire