Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell, 16, Augusta, 17 April 2017 *mom & stepdad arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no :(
I can no longer say ' why does this happen' when it's so commonplace. Please bring her home and turn yourself in.

Unfortunately, I am not seeing any new information in this article from today, but at least it's keeping LaTania's name and face in the public's eye. Where could she be??
"Church community prays for kidnapped teen"
"...
Sisters in Christ to Tanya Tripp reached out and touched her as she moves into the three week mark of her husband and daughter’s disappearance from their Augusta home.
Despite investigators calling this a kidnapping, Mrs. Tripp said she still believes her husband’s story that the two left to meet a friend with car trouble in South Carolina. And she told her church family that she’s ignoring any gossip that the two took off together intentionally.
'What’s important to me is finding my baby and bringing her home safely. That’s what matters,' she told the congregation.
Investigators tell NewsChannel 6 that Leon Tripp did not receive a call from a man he called Maurice with car trouble. Mrs. Tripp said both her husband and daughter will verify that story when they get home." (BBM)
More at link: http://wjbf.com/2017/05/07/church-community-prays-for-kidnapped-teen/

Unfortunately, I am not seeing any new information in this article from today, but at least it's keeping LaTania's name and face in the public's eye. Where could she be??
"Church community prays for kidnapped teen"
"...
Sisters in Christ to Tanya Tripp reached out and touched her as she moves into the three week mark of her husband and daughter’s disappearance from their Augusta home.
Despite investigators calling this a kidnapping, Mrs. Tripp said she still believes her husband’s story that the two left to meet a friend with car trouble in South Carolina. And she told her church family that she’s ignoring any gossip that the two took off together intentionally.
'What’s important to me is finding my baby and bringing her home safely. That’s what matters,' she told the congregation.
Investigators tell NewsChannel 6 that Leon Tripp did not receive a call from a man he called Maurice with car trouble. Mrs. Tripp said both her husband and daughter will verify that story when they get home." (BBM)
More at link: http://wjbf.com/2017/05/07/church-community-prays-for-kidnapped-teen/

So Mom says that her husband and daughter will verify that phony 'broken down car' story when they return home. I bet her husband will try and sell that story again---even though Maurice says it did not happen.

So Mom says that her husband and daughter will verify that phony 'broken down car' story when they return home. I bet her husband will try and sell that story again---even though Maurice says it did not happen.

I doubt there is a "Maurice".

*Just my random thoughts & opinions*

Police said they checked out the vehicle breakdown story with "the person concerned" & he said he knew nothing about it.

Her mum has said some pretty questionable things but if it's true (as per previous links) that she has cancer & other medical conditions, she could be on some seriously strong pain killers - so I'll give her a pass on some of it (if that's the case).

(Haven't got links for those last 2 paragraphs re the vehicle breakdown call & Mum's medical issues but I just read the entire thread & they're only back a page or two)

That said, this looks really bad on the stepdad's part & I'm incredibly worried for LaTania, but there is a third (very remote) possibility that doesn't involve a slimebag sexually exploiting his stepdaughter

- he & LaTania could both be victims of a third party. Maybe he told the truth to her mum in that call but it's Maurice who lied? Or maybe Maurice told the truth but police were questioning the wrong Maurice?

Or maybe they were involved in a violent incident with someone else altogether & that's why his vehicle was found abandoned so close to home.

I don't think he's wealthy enough to just dump his vehicle & write off those $$ if he was intending to go on the run with his teenage stepdaughter - besides, if she'd already turned 16, would they even need to go on the run in their state?

I guess it's possible he did try something on her after the ph call, it went bad because she rejected him & now he's running alone - that would explain dumping the car. But if his intent was always to approach her sexually when he took her from the house, would he still risk doing that after her mother called, heard her daughter speak, & knew for a fact they were together?

I don't really know what to think yet. I just know that every outcome I can think of makes me really, really worried for her & a couple of scenarios make me wonder whether I should be worried for him too.

I doubt there is a "Maurice".

*Just my random thoughts & opinions*

I thought there was a quote from investigators which said 'maurice' denied calling for help. I think he did have a friend named Maurice, which is why his wife initially believed his bogus story.

I thought there was a quote from investigators which said 'maurice' denied calling for help. I think he did have a friend named Maurice, which is why his wife initially believed his bogus story.
I had the impression that LE had actually talked to "Maurice," too, but I cannot find a link at the moment.

I did find this, though:
"We spoke with the investigator on the case and he said there was no call requesting Leon Tripp help a friend with a car on the side of the road in Clarks Hill." (BBM)
http://wjbf.com/2017/05/02/stepfather-wanted-for-kidnapping-stepdaughter-mother-disagrees/

Still not sure if their belief is based on what "Maurice" told LE, or actual phone records.

On a separate note, I finally found a MSM quote about where the truck was found:
"But Tonya Tripp isn’t buying this turn in the investigation. She said her husband, Leon Tripp, needed LaTania Janell Carwell’s tech savvy skills to operate cell phone GPS to help a friend with car trouble in Clarks Hill, South Carolina. The door slammed and the two took off in the family truck, later found on Old McDuffie Road, less than a mile from their home." (BBM)
This comes from the same article as above.

In any case, if he didn't do anything wrong -e.g., somehow he and LaTania had access to another vehicle after his truck broke down, were on their way to help "Maurice," but got into an accident-, why was Leon "spotted at a Stop N Shop Grocery on Lee St. SW in Atlanta four days after he left his Augusta home (Janell, which is the name family called her, was not with him)"? Assuming that the sighting was legitimate -and LE seem to think that it was-, he apparently was doing just fine at least at that point.

So, where is LaTania?

Sgt. Tim Owen, of the violent crimes division, tells NewsOne in an interview that Tripp’s story failed to check out. Police contacted the person believed to be the individual Tripp claimed he was going to help, and he did not corroborate Tripp’s story, Owen says.

“[The individual’s] car wasn’t broke[n] down and [t]he story he told [the teen’s] mother about the location is not true,” Owen tells NewsOne. “Since that point in time [Tripp has not been in] contact with [family] or friends.”

I don't want to think it, but being it has been 3 weeks has LE checked the abandoned truck for any signs of foul play? I can find such little information on this case. I know there was a sighting of stepdad apparently and I saw another article where someone thought they saw Latania and she hurried away(not confirmed it was her), but with 3 weeks passing and his work options limited being a felon it makes me think he has help or he has hurt her....even then he probably has help. My money is on someone helping him. I just don't see this guy having the means to support her and him long-term. I want more coverage. This girl deserves better!

Not a good thing to think about, but there are ways that a man could bring money in, if he has an attractive young girl with him.

Police said they checked out the vehicle breakdown story with "the person concerned" & he said he knew nothing about it.

Her mum has said some pretty questionable things but if it's true (as per previous links) that she has cancer & other medical conditions, she could be on some seriously strong pain killers - so I'll give her a pass on some of it (if that's the case).

(Haven't got links for those last 2 paragraphs re the vehicle breakdown call & Mum's medical issues but I just read the entire thread & they're only back a page or two)

That said, this looks really bad on the stepdad's part & I'm incredibly worried for LaTania, but there is a third (very remote) possibility that doesn't involve a slimebag sexually exploiting his stepdaughter

- he & LaTania could both be victims of a third party. Maybe he told the truth to her mum in that call but it's Maurice who lied? Or maybe Maurice told the truth but police were questioning the wrong Maurice?

Or maybe they were involved in a violent incident with someone else altogether & that's why his vehicle was found abandoned so close to home.

I don't think he's wealthy enough to just dump his vehicle & write off those $$ if he was intending to go on the run with his teenage stepdaughter - besides, if she'd already turned 16, would they even need to go on the run in their state?

I guess it's possible he did try something on her after the ph call, it went bad because she rejected him & now he's running alone - that would explain dumping the car. But if his intent was always to approach her sexually when he took her from the house, would he still risk doing that after her mother called, heard her daughter speak, & knew for a fact they were together?

I don't really know what to think yet. I just know that every outcome I can think of makes me really, really worried for her & a couple of scenarios make me wonder whether I should be worried for him too.

IT's actually a felony to have sexual contact with your step daughter in Georgia. Read the Georgia incest laws. He could get up to 10 years if this is what is happening.

I just found this thread today. When are grown a$$ men going to stop preying on teenage girls? Geez... I have a terrible feeling these two will not be found until he commits a crime of some sort, and Janelle is going to be caught right in the middle.

Did I read that Tripp and Janelle's mom had only been together 2 years? I'm looking for the quote.

Here is her Instagram. Will someone please look at it and then click on the "prettyt" link and tell me what you think?
https://www.instagram.com/pretty_tania2001/
Oh no ... is the wordpress site supposed to be some sort of "advertisement"??

Posted there for the first time on May 5th ... just four days ago.

Wait ... her Instagram profile says there are only nine posts. I wonder if the Insta account was opened in the last few days also? But it has 599 followers .... We need a reporter looking into this right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro