Found Deceased GA - LaTania 'Janell' Carwell - Abducted & Murdered - Mom & Stepdad Charged - Augusta #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case is taking forever to go to court
I guess as long as they're both rotting in jail it doesn't matter that much but is definitely odd.

My thoughts are 1) someone is covering up for police incompetence/neglect 2) one of them has friends that are causing a delay in order to protect them from prison justice in whatever place they'd go after trial 3) Something was mishandled with evidence and this is the only way to keep them locked up

What are y'all's thoughts as to why this is dragged out for so long? To whose advantage is it to delay the trials? I put my guesses a few posts higher.

Who controls how these trials are set? Must be someone up pretty high right?

Looks like a jury trial has been set for 30 September 2024 for both Leon Tripp & Tanya Tripp. Looks like a new/different attorney representing the state in Leon's case. (?) Tanya's still shows the original state attorney & none for the defense.

Latest updates for Tripp, Leon:
1721675160738.png
1721675208433.png

And for Tripp, Tanya:
1721675266639.png
1721675294094.png

Updates from:

So it looks like the defense wants another bond reduction hearing for Leon.

I hope you do not mind if I bump this case up @vls12345 in a week or so - to see if a hearing date might be set for this motion. :)
Leon must be trying to get a bond so he can run away and avoid a trial, MOO. I will be so glad when this goes to trial.

What are y'all's thoughts as to why this is dragged out for so long? To whose advantage is it to delay the trials? I put my guesses a few posts higher.

Who controls how these trials are set? Must be someone up pretty high right?
I was scared that the case would be dismissed when it was discovered that Leon's conversation with his lawyer had been recorded. I do wonder if something is amiss with their interview with him and evidence. I don't believe the DA's office is covering anything up. The community will be pissed off if he doesn't get a conviction for these animals.

When Janell went missing, Tania's brother and sister-in-law were in the news a lot, pleading for information. They had custody of Janelle's younger sister. I don't think they are supporting Tania while she's in jail. I've always wondered if someone in Leon's family supports her (commissary funds).

Is the DA still waiting on a decision from the GA Supreme Court concerning evidence the defense would like thrown out? What's your thoughts on their possible decision?

I wonder how Janelle's little sister is doing

snipped by me..

Is the DA still waiting on a decision from the GA Supreme Court concerning evidence the defense would like thrown out? What's your thoughts on their possible decision?

I wonder how Janelle's little sister is doing

The appeal was on 5/24/24 - so yes I believe the DA is waiting on a decision from the GA Supreme Court - and in my notes - could take months...

The Georgia Supreme Court could take months to issue a ruling on the prosecution’s appeal & defense attorneys for Leon & Tanya requested a bail reduction in March so their clients could return home. Their bonds reportedly are set at more than $500K each. Both have been jailed for seven years since their arrests. The judge, however, denied bond reductions [3/26/24] for both, citing flight risk & a threat to the community.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back