GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression the body was found in the trash, not outside the trash. And, I have repeatedly heard "dumpster." Can anyone confirm exactly what location the body was found?

As for the alley in the back that is so very dark, it is also very highly traveled, mostly by foot, by people taking the back way to the city central. I have walked it myself many times when visiting my daughter. We would walk to the local restaurants all the time, day and night.

Thanks for the update, everyone. That seems like a surprising statement for Chief Burns to make. Sounds like he's pretty sure they've got the right guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question. IF they found more body parts either in the trash or inside the apartment AFTER they have done the initial search and arrested McD, then WHO placed them there? I am going by the report of smelling something in the trash yesterday, and the new search yesterday.

I was under the impression the body was found in the trash, not outside the trash. And, I have repeatedly heard "dumpster." Can anyone confirm exactly what location the body was found?

As for the alley in the back that is so very dark, it is also very highly traveled, mostly by foot, by people taking the back way to the city central. I have walked it myself many times when visiting my daughter. We would walk to the local restaurants all the time, day and night.

From our poster AngelA:

The trash bins that were out the day I saw were right next to Lauren's apartment and downstairs. There were 3. They are the green Waste Management kind, not dumpsters, not much larger than regular outdoor trash bins.

Funny thing about those bins...I smelled a dead rotting something in one of them. I'm sure it was just an animal, but to be on the safe side I called the authorities and they came to check it out. I had to leave so I couldn't wait up for them, it was a very strong odor. I don't know what they found when they arrived.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6900448&postcount=83
Still loading more photos.

I have a question. IF they found more body parts either in the trash or inside the apartment AFTER they have done the initial search and arrested McD, then WHO placed them there? I am going by the report of smelling something in the trash yesterday, and the new search yesterday.

I see your train of thought, but I don't think they have confirmed new parts have been found since taking McD into custody for the burglaries. I think the parts they found were found the day the torso was found (or day after) and had been placed by the same person.
Angel stated she smelled something and called the cops, but wasn't able to stick around to see what it was. If they had found new parts last night or today I would hope that information would find it's way to the public.

From our poster AngelA:

The trash bins that were out the day I saw were right next to Lauren's apartment and downstairs. There were 3. They are the green Waste Management kind, not dumpsters, not much larger than regular outdoor trash bins.

Funny thing about those bins...I smelled a dead rotting something in one of them. I'm sure it was just an animal, but to be on the safe side I called the authorities and they came to check it out. I had to leave so I couldn't wait up for them, it was a very strong odor. I don't know what they found when they arrived.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6900448&postcount=83
Still loading more photos.

That is why I asked. It doesn't show the trash bins or the back of the apartments in the photos. So, where are they located? And could a dumpster have been there and since removed? I am wondering because I haven't seen it officially posted anywhere.

And she reported the smell. They came and searched. What did they discover in that search? Was it more body parts? Or not? And who would put a dead animal in the trash at THAT apartment complex right now? None of this remotely sounds right.

Also, I will say it's hot as blue blazes and humid as all get out here right now, I think all trash cans stink today. (Not to question the judgement of Angel's ole factory senses!)

That is why I asked. It doesn't show the trash bins or the back of the apartments in the photos. So, where are they located? And could a dumpster have been there and since removed? I am wondering because I haven't seen it officially posted anywhere.

And she reported the smell. They came and searched. What did they discover in that search? Was it more body parts? Or not? And who would put a dead animal in the trash at THAT apartment complex right now? None of this remotely sounds right.

Psychomom: the video of the search shows them in McD's apt. last night. It shows them coming in and out of that apt. In a prior photo (my mind is shot, sorry.) there is a shot of the complex where the bins are tucked on the side of the building (left)

Unrelated, I feel like the PC was a major let down. Sent more away, no diagnostics yet?? They better get something quick or it's entirely possible McD will bond out tomorrow.

I am back and forth over the fence about SD. Right now, I'm back on the side of SD not being the perp.

I theorize that LG's partial remains were found near the apartments because either (i) the crime was committed in that apartment building (in which case my money is on SD) and the remains were placed as a matter of convenience or necessity or (ii) the crime was committed elsewhere and the remains were returned to her home for some very sick, twisted reason that I can't fully imagine (in which case my money is not on SD).

I'm having trouble reconciling inconclusive evidence with the crime having taken place in the building. I'm not an expert, but I can imagine the mess dismemberment would make.

Then, from there, I'm not buying SD having committed the crime at some remote location and returning partial remains to LG's yard.

I guess time will tell.

Psychomom: the video of the search shows them in McD's apt. last night. It shows them coming in and out of that apt. In a prior photo (my mind is shot, sorry.) there is a shot of the complex where the bins are tucked on the side of the building (left)

Unrelated, I feel like the PC was a major let down. Sent more away, no diagnostics yet?? They better get something quick or it's entirely possible McD will bond out tomorrow.

The article linked by Knox above mentions the body being found in a trashcan outside the apartment
http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore/howard/publications/columbia-flier/ph-ho-cf-giddings-update-0714-20110712,0,5920245.story
Thanks guys. Looking for some confirmation on this info. Still concerned as my daughter is heading back to Macon today. I want the right person arrested and locked away. I want them to have hard proof, not guesses. Whether it is McD or not, I want the guilty person in jail. The possibility a deranged killer is on the loose still has me a little stressed.

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/13/1630259/reward-offered-in-lauren-giddings.html

Wednesday, Jul. 13, 2011
Reward offered in Lauren Giddings slaying
Macon police announced a $12,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the Lauren Giddings slaying.

Does this mean they are now offering reward money for info because they have no leads?

That's what I'm wondering, Dupree.

I'm glad they're offering it ... just seems like odd timing. If she were dismembered in any one of those apartments, it would be really hard to clean up every little thing. Oh, and that makes me think of something else. Wouldn't you think a place that had been thoroughly cleaned of blood would smell of bleach? Does anyone know if the cadaver dogs hit inside any of those apartments?

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/13/1630259/reward-offered-in-lauren-giddings.html

Wednesday, Jul. 13, 2011
Reward offered in Lauren Giddings slaying
Macon police announced a $12,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the Lauren Giddings slaying.

Does this mean they are now offering reward money for info because they have no leads?

Unfortunatly that's what I'm thinking too.
Chief Burns has said that he doesn't expect an arrest today, so whatever evidence they've collected last night and last week must not have given them enough for a solid suspect. At least not until all the results come back from Quantico, VA

Since today's press conference provided no new info, we're left with only the recent public statement http://www.macon.com/2011/07/13/1629505/police-back-inside-mcdaniels-apartment.html of the fact that the burglary charges were based on two condoms found inside McD's apartment. I've been trying to imagine the conversation -- during a search warrant being executed on McDM's apartment -- that led to McD telling the cops that the condoms had been stolen two years previously from other apartments. [IMAGINATION, NOT FACT]:

Officer: I see these two condoms; been getting any lately?
McD: Oh, no sir . . . I'm a virgin. I'm saving myself for marriage.
Officer: So, why do you have condoms?
McD: Uh, they're not mine. They belong to my neighbors.
Officer: So, why do YOU have them?
McD: I took them from other apartments. I figured if they didn't have condoms, they might not keep sinning the way they do.

OK -- I know there is no evidence that McD is religious (and that the virgin comment is only hearsay in Angel's earlier post), and I know that McD has a bad case of motor-mouth, but how in the heck does McD end up telling officers he's a sneak thief? This is highly bizarre, even for a weird guy, and he must've been forced into this admission to protect himself from other, more damaging, conclusions being drawn by investigators. Were the condoms stored (displayed?) in such a way as to attract officers' attention?

Any thoughts?

It is puzzling.

He must have felt that he might as well address this issue he obviously was worried about........his condom theft.

A definite overshare.

For a smart guy..............he doesn't seem to have responded in too smart a manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics