Case Numbers ME/C Case Number99G-0049
Demographics
Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity Black / African American
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)25-45
Height 5' 7" - 5' 11"(67-71 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate
Circumstances of Recovery These remains were found in a floodplain near a creek behind an industrial area. The remains were found nearly intact, with a multi-colored striped shirt and a black necktie. No other person affects, clothing, or items were found with the remains. There is one semicircular defect of one right rib (antemortem) but no other signs of antemortem trauma.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Not many AA men missing from GA in the 5 years prior.

I feel like Desmond Dix and Newman could be looked at more closely. Thoughts?

Desmond Santonio Dix - last seen Jan 1996 in Atlanta (32mi away). He was abducted at gunpoint. Fits height estimate but younger than the age estimate (16yo). Namus contains no description of the clothing he was last seen in. Has 8 exclusions in Namus but they do not include this UID. www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/17626?nav

Newman Terrell - history of mental illness; last seen walking down the street in July 1996. Missing from East Point which is 38mi from Lawrenceville. Fits on height but 1 year over age estimate. One VA exclusion www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/17505?nav

Less likely in my amateur view:

Branville Bernard Rolle - last seen March 1996 in Austell (49 mi from Lawrenceville), left with an acquaintance and didn't return. Was wearing a plaid shirt, black jeans, white runners. Significantly taller than this UID's height estimate. No exclusions in Namus. www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/26837?nav

Judson Lee Fielding - UP506 - Last seen December 1994 in Augusta. No clothing description in Namus. Fits age range but taller than estimate. A man was charged with his murder in 2005. Three r/out in Namus, all from VA. (www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/506?nav and much more detail in Charley Project Judson Lee Fielding – The Charley Project)

Bryan DeWayne Hobbs - Missing from Stone Mountain (26mi from Lawrenceville) in August 1994, his car would found in DeKalb County which would seem at my rudimentary reading that he may not have travelled in the Lawrenceville direction. He was both younger than the age estimate and much taller than the upper height estimate. One VA exclusion in Namus. www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/540?nav

William 'Al' Hamilton - believed to have been killed in Augusta in August 1998, body never located. Zero exclusions and no reasonable height estimate in Namus. www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/53929?nav

The man’s remains were described as being “found nearly intact, with a multi-colored striped shirt and a black necktie,” NAMUS reports. “No other personal effects, clothing, or items were found with the remains. There is one semicircular defect of one right rib (antemortem) but no other signs of antemortem trauma.”

9cfeb063e20045aac19e0899b380d7ba

While details are scant on the NAMUS entry, the DNASolves fundraising campaign contains some details about the investigation.

“Investigators determined that the man had likely died elsewhere, and the remains were either buried where they were found, or flooding had carried the remains to the location of discovery,” DNASolves reported.

The Gwinnett County ME has a reported “longstanding collaboration with Othram,” a forensic genetic testing company based in Texas.

The office and company are working together to use “advanced forensic DNA testing combined with a genealogical search” in an effort to identify the man, or a close relative.

BEIFUVNSIBDAHLUHA34IYGRVLM.png

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — The Gwinnett County Medical Examiner is teaming up with a forensic genetic testing company in an effort to identify a man whose skeletal remains were found in 1999.

More than 20 years after he was found, the ME is working to raise $7,500 to try to identify the man.

All investigators found in 1999 were the remains, and a few clothing items, near a creek in Lawrenceville.

According to the Gwinnett officials, the John Doe was a Black male, between the ages of 25 to 45 years old, and between 5′7″ to 5′11″.

His body was either buried where it was found or possibly washed down to the location due to flooding, according to a release by DNASolves, the company the ME is working with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonna1980!
Back