GA GA - Mary Kay Radford, 24, Augusta, 28 Mar 1974

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Mary Kay Radford[/h]
  • mary_kay_radford_1.jpg
  • mary_kay_radford_2.jpg
  • mary_kay_radford_3.jpg
Radford, circa 1968 (approximately six years before her disappearance; more recent photos are unavailable)

• Missing Since 03/28/1974
  • Missing From Augusta, Georgia
  • Classification Missing
  • Age 24 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'5, 95 - 105 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A green body suit and white pants without pockets.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair. Radford's maiden name is Medlin, and she may use the last name Tudor. She goes by her middle name, Kay. Radford has a scar on the back of her right arm and a scar on her right shoulder blade. She may wear a wig.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Radford was last seen at her apartment in Augusta, Georgia on March 28, 1974. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/mary-kay-radford

Hair: Blond/Strawberry; At time of disappearance, victim had light blonde, shoulder length hair.
Eye Color is Unknown
Scar on the back of right arm and scar on right shoulder blade where moles had been removed.

Dental information / charting is currently not available

DNA Status: Sample is currently not available

Fingerprint information is currently not available

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21576/

I found this. What do you think? https:///forum/index.php?threads/bl...n-blytheville-ar-17-june-1978-kim-mills.2237/

I wonder why it puts all the **** instead of the true link

I think the Blytheville case linked above can be discounted as the female victim has been confirmed as Kim Mills.

I wonder if Mary Kay Medlin (her maiden name) is the daughter of Hilyard Orvis Medlin, who died in Augusta in 1986. I ask this because Ancestry has Hilyard O Medlin arriving in New York on the ship Independence from Genoa in 1953. He is accompanied by his wife and 2 daughters, one of whom is Mary K Medlin, age 2. This record would explain the absence of other records for Mary as it records her as born in Austria (although the family were from North Carolina and her then 6 year old sister was born in NC).

Update; I am careful about non-MSM sources and understand they are frowned upon, but Mary Kay Radford confirms her parents and gives much more specific information. Particularly it names her husband as Roderick Radford and that he was killed in a car accident 5 months before she went missing (and that they had a daughter). This seems to introduce some troubling possibilities regarding her reasons for disappearing and what may have happened.

Last edited:
There definitely are few details available. I cannot even find the address of her apartment where she was last seen.
I'm not sure if it's reliable, but NamUs link has a section -Last known location- and there's an address connected to that:
965 Hickman Rd, Augusta, GA 30904, EE. UU.

I could only locate a possible match: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
May someone of her family recognize the ring?1661940555131.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it's reliable, but NamUs link has a section -Last known location- and there's an address connected to that:
965 Hickman Rd, Augusta, GA 30904, EE. UU.

I could only locate a possible match: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
May someone of her family recognize the ring?View attachment 362828
I wonder then if she had more children other than the daughter she had with Roderick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf
Back