GA GA - Mary Susan Humphrey, 23, Valdosta, 30 May 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
Combat vets and Joye Lemmerman clearing the area and placing the new cross dedicated in memory of Mary Susan Humphrey.

RIP Warrior

Bunny was the combat vet interviewed by WALB on Mary Susan’s behalf on the 6pm news. She is starring in the movie Three Tickets to Paradise. Thanks Bunny!
Three Tickets to Paradise trailer

Last edited:
Hi All,

I'm a researcher considering this case for a podcast and would like to learn more. I've read what's available online and it isn't much. I'm looking at FOIA requests, but ideally, I'd like to learn from folks who may have been in the Valdosta area in 1980. I'm especially interested in speaking with "Innocent" if you are willing. I'm not sure this is the project for me, but I think it is a viable option. Please message me here or at my email: crimeretold@gmail.com

From Ray City to Bruno’s house 16.3 mi or 22 min

From Bruno’s house to June Hendley is 41.6 miles or 50 min

From June Hendley to Ray City 22.6 mi or 29 min
Now consider the timeline:

3am Mary calls from Bruno’s home

3:20-3:30 Her “friend” arrived at Bruno’s home in Valdosta

3:40 fight pursued and Mary dies, A blow to the head with a hand cast

4:00 they leave Valdosta to June Hendley

5:09 arrive at June Hendley the deathbed

5:30-5:40 the grave is partially dug....but quit because too many roots and its hard to dig with a broken hand

6:08 The “friend” arrives home and seen washing his car

***murderers always leave behind evidence
How do you come by such knowledge as this?????

How do you come by such knowledge as this?????[/QUOT
How do you
come by such knowledge as this?????
I figured you already knew who this was by my determination to see that the truth is brought to light. If your memory will serve you right, the last time we talked on this subject was after Dalton’s trial. We discussed why you didn't keep your word and tell the detectives everything we discussed about your roommate (Dalton) prior to the discovery of Mary's body. Your response to me was a simple one, “the detective didn't ask.” I always had the utmost respect for you as a co-worker and a friend until that moment. From my understanding, it appears you developed a selective memory when it comes to the time period in question and the chain of events that took place in your household. You were not at work the night Mary went missing because we were both off. And you didn't confuse the two different dates of the poker game because it was you who brought it to my attention that Dalton was trying to convince everyone of the lie. We also discussed you getting up around 4am that morning and noticed Dalton's car was gone. You also told me that when you got back up at daylight, Dalton was cleaning his car inside and out. You then told me that your shovel was missing when you went to plant some flowers and that it showed back up later that day or the next morning. Do you recall telling me that Dalton came in the room full of people with a map making a big deal on finding a route to a destination in Florida that in reality all you needed to do is get on the interstate and follow the signs? And then the sheet, remember that? The “odd” sheet that didn’t match any other and when you asked Dalton about it he gave you a blank stare and walked away? I recall these things because I had a stake in those chain of events. I lost a very good friend that night to the hands of a socio-pathetic maniac. I hope you realize that your actions, along with others involved in the false alibi of Dalton's whereabouts, caused a lifetime of pain for many. And then, of course there was the cast Dalton had on for less than 36 hrs. From my understanding, you recently told the interviewer that you couldn't remember a cast. I was surprised because it was you who told me that he cut it off because he got "sewage" on it the morning Mary disappeared. I remember this and more.

I told the detectives in ‘07 that you would experience selective memory when they questioned you about my statements. I was right then and I am right now. I once had faith that you would recall what happened and tell everything you knew because that could have officially closed this case. Instead, the family had to go for years not knowing the truth. Mary’s parents are now deceased and they went to their graves not knowing that Dalton was the murderer of their daughter.

Please, sit back in your chair and do some soul searching. Ask God to help you recall the events more clearly so we can finally put this to rest.

As far as the timeline on Dalton's actions, I've always known he had the time to commit his crimes. A couple researchers and residents of Nashville GA have been studying this case for years. Over time, they reintroduced me to many important facts.
This timeline can be driven to prove it's accuracy but you hold the key to putting this all to rest after 42 long yrs. Please, do the right thing so I can go to my grave knowing that the family knows the truth about Mary's death. Thank you for your time Ray City.

WOW! WHAT A COMPLETE LOAD OF ODD LIES YOU JUST SPEWED FROM YOUR FORKED TONGUE! I'm gonna just assume you have me completely mixed up with someone else....that or you are off your meds...and I suspect it's both. I'm not positive who you are - although I can guess. You have completely slandered me, as far as I'm concerned, and this will be the first and last time I speak to you about this. I'm not even responding to your very "precise" post and the absurd things you have accused me of saying and doing. SHAME ON YOU. Get your prescription filled and get some rest.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitty7766
Back