Resolved GA - Maury-Ange Martinez, 20, picked up by unk man after release from jail, poss human trafficking, Gwinnett County, 21 Aug 2023 - NamUs removed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
p.jpeg

Police report:

BWC ACTIVATED

ON 08-28-23 I RESPONDED TO 800 HI HOPE RD IN REFERENCE TO A MISSING PERSON. I MADE CONTACT WITH ANITA DARLING,COMPLAINANT AND MOTHER OF MAURY-ANGE MARTINEZ, MISSING PERSON. THE COMPLAINANT STATED THAT HER DAUGHTER SUFFERS FROM DRUG ABUSE, AND IT WAS ADVISED HER DAUGHTER USES FENTANYL AND HAS BEEN MIXED UP IN POSSIBLE HUMAN TRAFFICKING.

SHE SAID HER LAST CONTACT WITH MAURY WAS THAT SHE WAS BEING PICKED UP BY ERIC FROM GOOD LANDING RECOVERY. MAURY MARTINEZ WAS ENROLLED AT GOOD LANDING RECOVERY BASED OUT OF DACULA GA UNTIL AUGUST 19TH WHEN SHE WAS RELEASED DUE TO AN ARREST ON SITE. ACCORDING TO THE LEAD CASE MANAGER GOOD LANDING DID NOT PICK UP MAURY FROM THE JAIL. MAURY WAS JAILED AT THE GWINNETT COUNTY JAIL AND RELEASED ON 08-21-23.

SHE WAS SEEN ON SECURITY CAMERAS EXITING THE JAIL ON 08-21-23 AROUND 2:21 PM, WHERE SHE SAT ON A BENCH. SHE THEN WAS APPROACHED BY AN UNKNOWN WHITE MALE WHILE STANDING ON THE CURB AT 2:36 PM. THE MALE WAS WEARING A YELLOW SHIRT AND WHITE SHORTS. THE WHITE MALE STOOD NEXT TO MAURY AND WALKED AWAY. HE QUICKLY RETURNED IN A WHITE HD CHEVROLET PICKUP TRUCK. MAURY WAS SEEN GETTING INTO THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT AT 2:37PM.

MISSING PERSON INFORMATION:TATTOOS: "BIRD CRANE" ON BACK, "CROWN ME" BELOW RIGHT BREAST, RED GINKO LEAF ON LEFT FOREARM.LAST SEEN WEARING: LARGE WHITE BAGGY T- SHIRT QWITH BLACK AND WHITE SHOES.OLN ID PHOTO: SHOWS PIERCED NOSE, EAR

THE TRUCK WAS FIRST SEEN IN THE AREA ON FLOCK CAMERAS AT 2:31 BEARING GA TAG RRL8345. MAURY WAS LISTED AS MISSING THROUGH GCIC/NCIC BY OP# 278. STILL PHOTOS FROM THE SHERIFFS OFFICE CAMERAS WERE SUBMITTED TO EVIDENCE.COM. PHOTOS FROM THE FLOCK CARMERA WERE ALSO SUBMITTED TO EVIDENCE.COM.

THE COMPLAINANT STATED THAT HER DAUGHTER VEHICLE WAS BROKEN DOWN AT THE ROCKLEDGE APARTMENTS IN MARIETTAGA. SHE DID NOT KNOW THE APARTMENT NUMBER AND SHE HAS NOT CONTACTED PD TO CHECK FOR C4. THE COMPLAINANT SAID SHE STAYS THERE WITH OTHER MALES, AND SHE IS CONCERNED.

THE CAMERA FOOTAGE COULD NOT SHOW ENOUGH OF THE SUSPECT TO DETERMINE IF IT WAS THE OWNER OF THE WHITE TRUCK.

On August 28, the family of Maury-Ange Martinez reported her missing. Ms. Martinez was last seen leaving the Gwinnett County Jail on August 21 at approximately 2:20 p.m.

Ms. Martinez could be in the area of Woodstock or Marietta, Georgia. Ms. Martinez is about five foot four inches tall and weighs about 100 pounds.

She has long brown hair and brown eyes.

Ms. Martinez has multiple tattoos, including a snake on her sternum with wording on both sides of her rib area.

News Details - Gwinnett (click on the here link to see the above police report)

Last edited:
to expand. i used to work at a county jail that had a womens state prison in the same county. a lot of times, inmates from the prison would parole but had a criminal case pending in the county that they committed in prison and they told me "the connects" would be waiting outside. also we would get women who just paroled and were dropped off at the bus station, immediately have their parole violated because they would fix as soon as they got to the bus station and parole was always sweeping there.

all that to say i hope she is ok wherever she is and just relapsed. i hope she gets the help she needs. shes so young.

Mom started a with some more info. "On August 21 2023 Maury-Ange Martinez was picked up by a man she did not know from the Gwinnett County courthouse in Gwinnett County GA. She was taken from that location to a home in Woodstock GA. A male “friend” was said to have been picking her up from the Woodstock location and police have verified that friend did in fact travel to the location to retrieve her. The friend says they did not pick her up and the persons home who she was at claims she entered the car with the friend. " https://www..com/f/pi-funds?member=...heet&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

Mom started a with some more info. "On August 21 2023 Maury-Ange Martinez was picked up by a man she did not know from the Gwinnett County courthouse in Gwinnett County GA. She was taken from that location to a home in Woodstock GA. A male “friend” was said to have been picking her up from the Woodstock location and police have verified that friend did in fact travel to the location to retrieve her. The friend says they did not pick her up and the persons home who she was at claims she entered the car with the friend. " https://www..com/f/pi-funds?member=...heet&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer
This is, of course, a fundraiser that's identified by a certain 3-letter acronym.

Maury-Ange's Instagram

Maury-Ange’s remains have been identified. She was found in rural Chattanooga, TN on 1/5/24.

May 31, 2024

COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Remains found earlier this year in rural Tennessee have been identified as a 20-year-old woman who was last seen leaving the Gwinnett County jail last year.

Maury-Ange Faith Martinez, 20, was reported missing out of Gwinnett County on Aug. 28, 2023. She was last seen leaving the jail at 2:20 p.m.

1717279102157.png

Until just recently, when authorities in Tennessee confirmed that skeletal remains found in January were those of Maury Martinez. The remains were found in a wooded area outside Chattanooga.

Now investigators in Cobb County, Gwinnett County, and Hamilton County, Tennessee are working together to find out what exactly happened.

"There are more resources, but it requires a lot of coordination among each other to make sure they're sharing information and things of that nature to hopefully find out what happened," said Sgt. Smith.

Darling says she learned on Mother's Day that Tennessee authorities confirmed the remains were her daughter's.

"I want to know what happened to my daughter. It doesn't cure the loss by any means, but it fills a hole that my brain doesn't haven't to make up what happened for the rest of our lives," said Darling.

The months of not knowing where Maury were hard on her mom and two sisters.

Anyone with information can call the Cobb County Police Department's Crimes Against Persons unit at 770-499-3945. Tips can also be submitted anonymously through Crimestoppers at 404-577 TIPS (8477).

Martinez’s mother, Anita Darling, told a local news station that her daughter loved “fashion and color and photography” and “making people feel good.” She said that she was on her way to pick her daughter up when she vanished and that the family is still hoping for answers.

“I know that something happened to her,” Darling said. “Her sisters deserve to know and I deserve to know. Step up and say something.”

from the above link:

Authorities are considering the investigation one of concealing a death. The Hamilton County Medical Examiner in Tennessee will determine Martinez’s cause and manner of death.

Several persons of interest have been identified.

Mom of Alpharetta woman found dead says she was moments from picking daughter up when she vanished

So they can't rule it definitely foul play since the coroner could not determine that from the skeletonized remains.
This will be a tough one for the family to get answers.

Here's a Law & Crime video about the case and the difficulties of solving it.

July 4, 2024

COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Police have now charged three people in the disappearance of an Alpharetta woman whose remains were later found in Tennessee.

Maury-Ange Martinez, 20, vanished in August 2023 after she was last seen in Cobb County. Her remains were found in the woods in Chattanooga in January and were positively identified in June.

Two of the suspects, Allen Kerr and Sean Deshazer, were already in custody on unrelated charges. A Kansas police department arrested the third suspect, Jasmine Craig.

*Skeletal remains found near the Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee don't match up with any missing person cases in Chattanooga or the surrounding area. It takes several months before the remains are positively identified. On this episode of Body Bags, Joseph Scott Morgan will take you into the field where the remains have been found and into the lab where identification takes place, and Dave Mack will look into the facts surrounding the disappearance of the 20-year-old beauty from Georgia and how she ended up as a skeleton on the side of a rural road outside Chattanooga Tennessee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back