Found Deceased GA - Morgan Bauer, 19, flew from MN, Citgo station, Covington, 27 Feb 2016 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Goble has since waived her right to contest her extradition to Georgia and will be picked up at some point. There is a review hearing set in Peoria County Circuit Court on Sept. 5 to ensure she doesn’t “fall through the cracks.”

According to several media outlets, her phone was last detected near the Yellow River, which is near property searched late last month in Porterdale, a small city located about 35 miles southeast of Atlanta.

Investigators say new evidence led them to that property, and they obtained a search warrant. They did not disclose what that evidence was but said the search had to do with Morgan Bauer, who had moved to Georgia from Aberdeen, S.D., two weeks before her disappearance.

"According to the Newton County District Attorney’s Office, Jonathan Alexander Warren entered a guilty plea to malice murder, tampering with evidence, concealing the death of another and necrophilia."

and

"In terms of sentencing, the prosecution won out, with a Newton County judge sentencing Warren to life in prison without parole."

So, what happened? What new information became available roughly 7 years after the crime?

Was the new information provided by somebody in Peoria? If so, who?

Is that what got the FBI involved, a “crossing state lines” thing? If so, it was a pretty quick wrap up given that first FBI involvement appears to have been in mid ‘23.

Did she meet the couple at Top of Gainesville, or did they meet at Tease? I take it she was never dropped if at a Citgo in Covington..

Was she staying with the couple down in Porterdale? The video on the 26th is just a very short clip. Was there a man following her? I can’t spot him.

Is it true that there were posts or social media that occurred even after the 26th? If so, does LE think those posts were made by somebody other than Morgan?

Did the couple say they’d dropped her in Covington after Top of Gainesville - before then being seen with her at Tease?

Was LE able to identify a location of the couple’s residence from her phone? From the video? Then maybe add that to witnesses from Tease who confirmed an association?

Even all that doesn’t prove murder, let alone necrophilia. Did Goble confess, or did she turn on Warren? Or did Goble tell somebody and that somebody then turned her in?

What items of evidentiary value did they find? When did the couple flee? How did LE solve the crime? Why was there no trial for Warren? Must’ve been a ton of evidence. But if that was the case, why did the crime go unsolved for 7 years?

I guess the important thing is they got the two perps - just lots of unanswered questions as I think most of the documentary stuff was before mid ‘23

All jmo

I know Morgan as an acquaintance- she’s a friend of my ‘stepdaughter’. Morgan used to wait on us, and I still remember finding out she’d gone missing. Now to see photos of where they’re searching for her remains, 2 people in custody for her homicide, it’s surreal. I honestly never thought her family was going to have answers because all of the scant info that was known, it seemed far too little and too long ago.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, rest in peace.
Morgan is one of the first cases I got really attached to... she just seemed knowable, likeable, down to earth. I'm so sad for her, for her family, for her friends like your stepdaughter, for her acquaintances such as yourself. She was a really beautiful girl, and what these monsters did to her is just beyond disgusting.

Published: Feb. 26, 2024

ATLANTA, Ga. (Atlanta News First) - A candlelight vigil was held Sunday evening to honor the life of Morgan Bauer, who went missing in 2016 at the age of 19.

The service was held at the Yellow River Park in Porterdale, where Bauer’s remains were found.

[...]

Bauer vanished in February of 2016, only two weeks after moving to Georgia from South Dakota.

Seven years later, in July of 2023, a massive search took place at a home on Broad Street in Porterdale, which is in Newton County, about 36 miles east of Atlanta.

Investigators said they found “items of evidentiary interest” during that search.

The FBI Atlanta later confirmed those to be Bauer’s remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back