GUILTY GA - Nancy Salado-Mayo, 30, killed, 6yo injured by suicidal driver, 4 Oct 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Three years old sure isn't very old for any car though much less a high priced Mercedes that would seriously damage smaller cars out on the road, and hurt others, including a little girl with broken ribs right now.

One doesn't attempt a suicide driving a Mercedes with front and side airbags whilst wearing a seatbelt. She didn't even manage to finish her "countdown" in her text message. I think she was driven to distraction, lost control of her emotions and her car, and perhaps accidentally drove into incoming traffic. Like a petulant child who storms out of the house wishing everyone dead, they usually don't really mean it.

Jacobi said:
One doesn't attempt a suicide driving a Mercedes with front and side airbags whilst wearing a seatbelt. She didn't even manage to finish her "countdown" in her text message. I think she was driven to distraction, lost control of her emotions and her car, and perhaps accidentally drove into incoming traffic. Like a petulant child who storms out of the house wishing everyone dead, they usually don't really mean it.

Who knows what goes on in the kids minds today?
I'm sure her lawyer is going to state the very same scenario. It was 100% accidental & she'll get her hand slapped. She'll be mandated to get help.....which she'll already have gotten. Drs will say she was troubled over her sexuality & it can cause suicidal tendencies / she'll loose her license until she is 21 do community service & her folks will pay the fine & she walks.

Jacobi said:
I really agree with this post. This has drama queen and accident written all over it in my opinion, but they will totally try to make an example of this girl. The "story" is just too good not too.

My prayers to all the families who have been injured by this. So sad.

Jacobi said:
If this were the case, then the witness statements would have said she slowed, or tried to brake. She did neither, according to the information that has been released so far. (And the police can determine if she did so or not, and as far as I know it is standard procedure to chart the scene and mark down anything like that.) I think she meant it, and I think she should not be cut any slack at all.

She also had her seatbelt on. And why did she ram her parent's Mercedes into a little Daewoo? Why not a semi, or a guardrail, or a tree? I do not believe for an instant she wanted to kill herself. She walked away with an ankle injury, for God's sake. She hit an immigrant with child in a little Daewoo. She is narcisstic and without a conscience. She was sexually rejected and trying to make the object of her affections feel responsible for her behavior. Reprehensible. And her parents, I'm sure, are excusing her via their high-priced attorney.

I live about 40 miles from Atlanta. This story makes me sick everytime I read about it. Thank God that not all people are crazy like this. This kid really needs to be punished. I am sorry, I just feel like if you are old enough to drive and have that responsiblity, then you are old enough to face the charges when you screw up, intentional or not. She obviously knew what she was going to do before getting behind the wheel. This has nothing to do with her parents OR her sexuality OR what kind of car she was in... she took the life of another person and now a small child will not be able to grow up with her natural mother in her life...all at the hands of a selfish teenager. This saddens me to no end.

southerngirl said:
And her parents, I'm sure, are excusing her via their high-priced attorney.
Can you please share with me what makes you think her parents are doing anything different than other parents would do? I am not excusing her actions in any way, I'm just wondering what you've come across in this case to make you think her parents are excusing her.

Thanks.

IdahoMom said:
Can you please share with me what makes you think her parents are doing anything different than other parents would do? I am not excusing her actions in any way, I'm just wondering what you've come across in this case to make you think her parents are excusing her.

Thanks.
According to this CBS article, LouLou's attorney is calling it a "horrible accident." This was no accident. The girl was counting down. He also says the family is praying for the victims. :sick:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/20/national/main2111484.shtml

southerngirl said:
According to this CBS article, LouLou's attorney is calling it a "terrible accident." This was no accident. The girl was counting down. He also says the family is praying for the victims. :sick:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/20/national/main2111484.shtml
:twocents:

The family shouldn't pray for the victims? Perhaps the atty should have said "terrible incident", or "terrible circumstance"...the atty did use the wrong word, but that does not mean her parents think this is a-ok, imo.

Maybe the word circumstance isn't strong enough, either. I don't really know what how he should have referred to it. That's probably why he's the attorney, and I'm not! :crazy:

IdahoMom said:

The family shouldn't pray for the victims? Perhaps the atty should have said "terrible incident", or "terrible circumstance"...the atty did use the wrong word, but that does not mean her parents think this is a-ok, imo.

I agree IdahoMom. The attorney's job is to defend this girl, whether we agree with it or not. This is a horrible tragedy and this teen clearly has major issues. However, I am very uncomfortable with the comments about her parents' money and the fact she was driving a mercedes. I don't think it is fair to assume that all rich people don't discipline their children or give them too much freedom. I need more info than the fact she was rich and driving her parents car before I judge their parenting skills.

IdahoMom said:

Their words ring hollow when they preface their PR statements calling this tragedy an "accident" instead of what it really is, which is the intentional murder of an innocent mother of three, whose children will now have to grow up without the love and care of their mother.

Maybe she didn't actually intend to kill herself....or anyone else. Perhaps she expected she, and anyone else involved in the wreck, would be safe because of seatbelts and airbags. Young people tend not to think they will be harmed or killed. If she was angry/hurt due to being rejected by a romantic interest, she could have just been lashing out for attention, and thought that harming herself would bring the other girl running to her side professing her love for her.

Or, maybe she truly just wanted to kill herself, and in the selfishness of the act, she failed to consider that someone in the other car might die too. The focus was probably just on what she wanted to do to herself, not what might happen to anyone in the other car, or how this act might impact her family or anyone else.

I can't really see this as being about a spoiled brat not getting her way. I would think that an emotional act like killing one's self would be more about a mental problem, emotional issues, inability to cope with life, rather than a brat having a tantrum. It is too bad that whatever this teenage girl was suffering with wasn't noticed and treated, before anyone got hurt or lost their life - her included.

southerngirl said:
Their words ring hollow when they preface their PR statements calling this tragedy an "accident" instead of what it really is, which is the intentional murder of an innocent mother of three, whose children will now have to grow up without the love and care of their mother.
southerngirl - I agree that this tragedy is not an accident, but the defense attorney is just doing his/her job.

Masterj said:
southerngirl - I agree that this tragedy is not an accident, but the defense attorney is just doing his/her job.
I know, you are right. I would want a top-notch defense for one of my children if they were to do something like this. I guess a loving parent would want to salvage what they could of their promising child's life. It still makes me sick, though. Shades of Mark Gerogos and Johnny Cochran. Spin and more spin.

Masterj said:
I agree IdahoMom. The attorney's job is to defend this girl, whether we agree with it or not. This is a horrible tragedy and this teen clearly has major issues. However, I am very uncomfortable with the comments about her parents' money and the fact she was driving a mercedes. I don't think it is fair to assume that all rich people don't discipline their children or give them too much freedom. I need more info than the fact she was rich and driving her parents car before I judge their parenting skills.
I ditto everything you have said here. I feel like there have been a lot of assumptions made about this girl and her family with no sustainable facts to verify them. I am not even convinced that it WASN'T an accident (even with the countdown) caused by a hormone riddled, self-centered adolescent.

This is a terrible tragedy to be certain and I believe this girl will and should pay legal consequences as a result of her actions. But am I the only one who remembers what it was like to be a hormone-riddled, self-centered teenage girl....? I thought the world revolved around my all-over-the-board feelings. I made so many poor self-centered decisions......

I agree that this girl has some "issues" to put it mildly, but I don't feel like what happened is completely clear and I don't feel like she and her parents deserve the public whipping that they've been taking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellBear77
Back