GUILTY GA - Police Chief William McCollom for attempted murder, Peachtree City, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It sounded strangely matter of fact and very detached. I was shaking my head when he asked his wife if she was having trouble breathing, then said, Well, of course you are'. I sure didn't hear any panic or fear in his voice.

I want to know if the call taker could hear anyone in the background when he asked that.

An actual answer? Someone attempting to answer? Moaning?

He said, in the 911 call, that her back was numb. I assume she had to have told him that, how else would he know?

Or he assumed it based on where she was shot and wanted them to think she was answering.

She was critical enough to be life flighted. They've not been able to speak to her at all thus far.

Sure, she could have deteriorated in the 6 minutes of the call to responders getting there, but you'd think they'd probably have been trying to ask her some if she was at all responsive while there knowing the direction it could go on her even surviving (esp. with the very sketchy story AND who he was) and that being awfully critical.

I don't know... :dunno: I'm leery about her truly having answered. The "are you having trouble breathing" maybe (b/c she could have just nodded) but...I...feel like there's a lot of hinky stuff about this whole thing.

I don't recall anything beyond the outside of their house from seeing it on an article and on TV, and I think I remember it seeming to be a surprisingly small home, possibly also surprised it was quite close to a neighboring one.

But now I'm not finding that picture online.

Anyone recall more about the home and what was around it?

I'm asking wondering if neighbors would have been close enough to hear gunshots? I'm curious b/c of both timing (as in did this happen right when he said it did - when he made the 911 call - or possibly earlier, even just 5-10 minutes before the call came in) and how many shots they might say they heard.

I want to know if the call taker could hear anyone in the background when he asked that.
An actual answer? Someone attempting to answer? Moaning?

You can hear her moaning in the background in the 911 call audio.

I don't recall anything beyond the outside of their house from seeing it on an article and on TV, and I think I remember it seeming to be a surprisingly small home, possibly also surprised it was quite close to a neighboring one.

I'm asking wondering if neighbors would have been close enough to hear gunshots? I'm curious b/c of both timing (as in did this happen right when he said it did - when he made the 911 call - or possibly earlier, even just 5-10 minutes before the call came in) and how many shots they might say they heard.

I'm curious about what the neighbors may have heard, too. Also, I can't find a definitive quote from the GBI about whether one shot was fired, or if one shot hit her (and the other, if there were two) missed. I've seen it reported ambiguously. I also can't imagine that he didn't know if it fired once, he had three chances to correct dispatch, yet agreed each time that he shot twice. Even if he counted entrance and exit wounds, he was there and would've heard either one or two shots.

It's here. It appears to be a cape cod with an extended back. jmo idk

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ots-wife-early-new-year-day-article-1.2062986

He's Chief of Police.

Surely, of all people, he should be able to have noted how many shots he heard fire, no? Especially since it was only either 1 or 2.

I mean, I was just watching the 48 Hours Sole Survivor story that aired last night and the 10 year old girl who was the sole survivor in her family amazingly knew exactly how many shots she heard fired (to the shock of the police!)

And she was 10.

AND she was asleep for the first SEVERAL (that killed her step dad) and thought they were part of a dream, then awoken to her mother's screaming and being shot, then being grazed by a bullet and have another narrowly miss her, and then hearing her brother be shot.

AND then waiting in the house 2 hours until she was sure the killer was gone, then running to grab the phone and hide outside in the cold to call 911 to get help!

Plus, realistically, how many 10 year olds would pay that much attention to something like that even if they were shooting on a shooting range - not that that's typical for little kids, but...

Heck, many 10 year olds likely wouldn't even have ever heard a shot fired IRL to begin with, meaning you'd think the accuracy would be less than that of an adult, and certainly an adult who is EXTREMELY seasoned with guns.

It seems like there HAS to be another bullet somewhere in that room and we're not being told for some reason (and it didn't strike her), or else he intended to take the story another route at first, or else we're going to find out there's another bullet somewhere else or something and he was trying to account for a second bullet they realize is out there or...something.

I wonder if this could this have happened earlier that night even, or even just a bit earlier? Like during a fight or something and then he came up with a story and by then forgot how many shots he fired, thus saying 2.

Yes he could be in shock, but again...it wasn't like trying to count and remember 15, he wasn't caught off guard by it, he wasn't 10 years old, he wasn't unfamiliar with guns, and he wasn't suddenly the only person in his family alive in a house with someone that may still be after him (as she hadn't known)...

Plus he clearly wasn't in THAT much shock. He started the phone call very calmly and matter of fact.

:notgood:

I don't believe him. And I haven't listened to the 911 call. His statement to the effect of Are you having a hard time breathing DEAR? totally Patronizing, were's the urgency, helping her, holding her, cradling the woman he loved. He may be the COP but he left out the love, concern, compassion, attempting to save her. Seriously who puts a loaded gun under their pillow? well many who want to claim an accident. I choose to never believe him, just from his background alone.What a creep!IMO

I wonder why they got divorced the first time???

Hmmm???

Either the abuse that she has been telling her workmates about for years, or because he started seeing his second wife?

The woman critically injured by her police chief 'husband' in a pre-dawn New Year's Day shooting divorced him 15 years ago, DailyMail.com has learned.

And Chief William McCollom went on to marry a rabbi in 2002 he met when she was his police department's chaplain in Delray Beach, Florida.

But that marriage too ended last March when he engaged in an extra-marital relationship, she claimed in court papers. McCollom reunited with his first wife Maggie— who is now recovering in the hospital from the bullet fired from his gun in the couple's own bedroom.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ars-ago-married-South-Florida-RABBI-year.html

TEQUESTA — In the 20-plus years she lived in South Florida, former Tequesta PoliceChief William McCollom‘s then ex-wife told colleagues in a hospital where she worked as a nurse that the policeman was abusive to her!

http://gossipextra.com/2015/01/02/william-mccollom-peachtree-police-tree-wife-abuse-4296/

I don't believe him. And I haven't listened to the 911 call. His statement to the effect of Are you having a hard time breathing DEAR? totally Patronizing, were's the urgency, helping her, holding her, cradling the woman he loved. He may be the COP but he left out the love, concern, compassion, attempting to save her. Seriously who puts a loaded gun under their pillow? well many who want to claim an accident. I choose to never believe him, just from his background alone.What a creep!IMO

Absolutely....that struck me too - he doesn't show any compassion toward her at all.

Also, the dispatcher has to ask if the victim is his wife--he doesn't identify her as such.

Not only is DEAR patronizing, but if you insert the term "jackass" for "dear", it usually fits.

I don't believe him. And I haven't listened to the 911 call. His statement to the effect of Are you having a hard time breathing DEAR? totally Patronizing, were's the urgency, helping her, holding her, cradling the woman he loved. He may be the COP but he left out the love, concern, compassion, attempting to save her.

Moving, holding, or cradling someone with a serious back injury is a very very bad idea. It could significantly exacerbate the injury.

Seriously who puts a loaded gun under their pillow? well many who want to claim an accident.

He reports the gun as being in/on the bed. I don't think there's any report stating that the gun was under the pillow or that a gun was kept regularly under the pillow. Never the less, having a loaded gun just lying in bed with you is obviously an extremely bad idea whether it was a one time incident or regular occurrence.

Moving, holding, or cradling someone with a serious back injury is a very very bad idea. It could significantly exacerbate the injury.

He reports the gun as being in/on the bed. I don't think there's any report stating that the gun was under the pillow or that a gun was kept regularly under the pillow. Never the less, having a loaded gun just lying in bed with you is obviously an extremely bad idea whether it was a one time incident or regular occurrence.

Correct. He never says the gun was under the pillow. So who sleeps with a loaded gun in bed? I find it hard to believe a police chief with a lot of experience in firearm safety is going to sleep with a loaded gun in bed. It just doesn't make sense.

Correct. He never says the gun was under the pillow. So who sleeps with a loaded gun in bed? I find it hard to believe a police chief with a lot of experience in firearm safety is going to sleep with a loaded gun in bed. It just doesn't make sense.

Not only would a gun under my pillow give me a stiff neck, I would worry about it sliding out of bed & accidentally being discharged.

Many put a loaded gun (w/safety on) in the nightstand or on the nightstand. This is a better option & there are many other options but really, under your pillow, Chief? Nope. Not buying it. No way!

Personally, I respect the gun. I respect gun laws. I respect **common sense**.

Moo

So...just shooting someone by accident gets a pass? It seems like some sort of negligence charge would be warranted?

I have no problem believing this cop would like to kill his wife. It is just hard for me to believe that this was his master plan. :waitasec:

I have no problem believing this cop would like to kill his wife. It is just hard for me to believe that this was his master plan. :waitasec:

I dunno. Drowning in a dry bathtub doesn't sound like a masterplan either, yet we all know somebody used that one.

Not prudent having the loaded gun (without a safety) IN the bed with you!!!

Who does that?

Moo

Who does that? Someone who plans to "accidentally" shoot the person who shares their bed, that's who.

My hubby is a police chief. If I ever end up "accidentally" shot in bed, I'm telling you right now it would be cold blooded murder. MOO

Who does that? Someone who plans to "accidentally" shoot the person who shares their bed, that's who.

My hubby is a police chief. If I ever end up "accidentally" shot in bed, I'm telling you right now it would be cold blooded murder. MOO

Yes, my "who does that?" question was meant with a bit of sarcasm.

And you bring up a good point----has any of her family or friends spoken out about this event (not about the relationship the first time of marriage but about this event?)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back