Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had lost hope that Quinton would be found. I am grateful for the dedication of the police on finding this child. Quinton deserved much better and he deserves a proper burial.
My heart goes out to the police and everyone who has been impacted by this child's death and recovery.

LE believes they have found Q's little body.

"Remains found Friday in a landfill are believed to be those of 20-month-old Quinton Simon, who was reported missing in October from his Savannah home by his mother.

Quinton’s mother, Leilani Simon, has been the sole suspect in this case, said Chatham County Police Chief Jeffrey Hadley in a news conference. She was arrested Monday and is being held on charges of malice murder, concealing a death, and false reporting/making false statements."

Interesting. They were able to find his remains. Kudos to LEO who does this task. I can't imagine the conditions to do that kind of work in a landfill.

Sad. This little happy face should be excited to see Santa.

2021 Georgia Code​

Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses​

Chapter 5 - Crimes Against the Person​

Article 1 - Homicide​

§ 16-5-1. Murder; Malice Murder; Felony Murder; Murder in the Second Degree​

Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-5-1 (2021)

1. A person commits the offense of murder when he unlawfully and with malice aforethought, either express or implied, causes the death of another human being.
  2. Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart.
  3. A person commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he or she causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.
  4. A person commits the offense of murder in the second degree when, in the commission of cruelty to children in the second degree, he or she causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.
    1. A person convicted of the offense of murder shall be punished by death, by imprisonment for life without parole, or by imprisonment for life.
    2. A person convicted of the offense of murder in the second degree shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than ten nor more than 30 years.

ETA: The press conference stated she was charged with malice murder, which would be (1) and (2) under 16-5-1.

Did she drive herself to the station? :)

ETA - Sorry, I should have read forward before posting the above. I see LE has found our little guy in the Landfill.
Bittersweet news ... kudos to LE for their efforts. I'm not sure what the stats are nationwide, but know recovery rate in LF searches are very, very, low.

#JusticeforQuinton

Last edited:

at approx 11:48

My favorite part of the from the police chief, "She doesn't deserve a Thanksgiving quite frankly".."Quinton deserves that!" He was so emotional when he said this.

He also was very emotional at other times. Watching this professional with tears in his eyes and red around them, he took this job very personal!

Last edited:
I am so sorry that your precious life was cut so short, little Quinton, and at the hands of the very one who should have protected you most, but rest easy, sweet angel. Everything is going to be okay now Thank you for saving your siblings...

I am so relieved that Leilani has now been arrested and charged with the murder. May she never again draw a breath outside of prison walls.

Thank you to all of the law enforcement officers, who spent so very many hours investigating this sad case, and a special thank you to the men and women who have spent the last several weeks, sorting through tons of garbage, to find this precious little one. God bless you all. JMO

I’m always late to these developments but so happy she’s been arrested. It felt like things got too quiet for a while and it was worrying. I feel equally parts relieved but then disgusted since he was seemingly in a landfill that whole time. Although we figured as much, it still sucks to think about.

I hope she had thanksgiving and birthday plans and thought she was free and clear so this arrest came as a surprise and ruined the events for her—because she clearly only cares about herself.

rip sweet boy :(

Thank goodness the gma is cleared. Of course, she was away at the time, but the media and social media has been relentless in smearing her. JMO
Huh??? One does not have to physically do the crime to be guilty of something relating to the crime.

Guess it doesn’t matter though since there are no other arrests coming

Thank goodness the gma is cleared. Of course, she was away at the time, but the media and social media has been relentless in smearing her. JMO
In all fairness she most certainly didn't help herself with her actions, pointing fingers at sitter and anyone else she could come up with, partying with her daughter who she originally sold out. She's a hot mess too! If there were any charges on her it would be that she had custody and left him with her daughter. Obviously she knew her daughter and boyfriend were an issue, she was evicting them. ALL IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd
Back