Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Missing From Home - Mom ARRESTED- Savannah #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No cameras were allowed in court, but WJCL 22 News’ Andy Cole was there. He spotted Simon in court, dressed in a white sweater and black pants, taking a fair amount of notes during the seven hour day.

The day began by questioning the entire group on basic questions: have you heard of this case, do you know anyone involved and could you be impartial if you had to serve on this jury. For the record, nine potential jurors said they had already made their mind up about Simon’s innocence or guilt.

Out of 67 possible jurors 20 qualified and 16 were dropped. The goal is to have a pool of 50 qualified potential jurors. Final motions hearing is scheduled for tomorrow morning then more jury selection on Friday.

The judge hopes to start the trial early next week.

For those of you in the know.......
If a jury is picked today, will the trial start tomorrow?
I watched the local wsav news here as they are covering the trial and it was stated they expect the jury to be selected by Friday. I also heard they let a lot of potential jurors go, the reporter stating most jurors already had their mind made up about her guilt. I'll see if I can't find a link.

Eta:

"Quite a few potential jurors outright admitted they had formed opinions on the case despite not seeing any evidence presented in the courtroom. Around a dozen jurors were released."

No cameras were allowed in court, but WJCL 22 News’ Andy Cole was there. He spotted Simon in court, dressed in a white sweater and black pants, taking a fair amount of notes during the seven hour day.

The day began by questioning the entire group on basic questions: have you heard of this case, do you know anyone involved and could you be impartial if you had to serve on this jury. For the record, nine potential jurors said they had already made their mind up about Simon’s innocence or guilt.

Out of 67 possible jurors 20 qualified and 16 were dropped. The goal is to have a pool of 50 qualified potential jurors. Final motions hearing is scheduled for tomorrow morning then more jury selection on Friday.

The judge hopes to start the trial early next week.
Was she really taking notes or did she finally get the colored pencils she had been whining about?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back