GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whitaker asked the state to have witnesses ready just in case Copeland can't testify.

No jury next week.

Since the jury is out for the day, Whitaker is taking up Young 's motion in limine about the PowerPoint from Detective Dennis.

Glanville had already ruled that the PowerPoint would be excluded.

Whitaker is giving the state until Friday to go through the PowerPoint and remove the stuff that needs to be redacted.

“Y’all have got to kinda get a handle on what your case is going to be,” Whitaker told the state.

Whitaker is a bit skeptical about how the state plans to play the interviews by muting or fast forward through the parts that have been redacted.

Court is done for the day.

Last edited:
@JozsefPapp_

Similar to how they did back in June, with the testimony that was stricken from the record, the state has started to play the lengthy interviews of Kenneth Copeland with police.First interview: Jan. 11, 2015 - the day after Donovan Thomas’ death.

Just as the interview was started to get played, Judge Whitaker said one of the jurors needed to deal with something “real fast” so a break was called.

Copeland’s new lawyer is present in court today.

Judge Whitaker is back on the stand and the state will continue to play the interview.

The problem was that they needed to find a way for Copeland to watch and listen to the video being played.“Thank you for your patience, I can’t even imagine how many times yall have already been told that over the course of this trial,” Whitaker told jurors.

The state is done playing the Jan. 11, 2015 interview.

@JozsefPapp_

This is the stuff that Whitaker feels should have been resolved before trial even started.

A lot of the blame about how long the trial has been ongoing goes to Glanville, but attorneys also have some of the blame.After the jury was dismissed yesterday, they could have gone through the interview they are going through now but attorneys don't coordinate with each other

It's been constant delays with attorneys, both prosecutors and defense attorneys, bringing issues up at the last minute or when the jury is in the box waiting.

The jury was supposed to come back at 1:15 p.m. but Judge Whitaker has decided to finish this before they are called back. It is not expected to take much longer.

"I really need y'all to think at the end of the evening, 'What's going to come up tomorrow? What might I need to go ahead and get done? What might I need to tell the judge about?'," Whitaker tells attorneys as they bring the jury in.

The next Copeland interview being played from February 20, 2015.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020
Back