GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@JozsefPapp_

Burnett is being asked specific questions about a particular Infinity car model. Prosecutors allege a silver Infinity Q50 sedan car was rented by Young and used in the murder of Donovan Thomas.

Burnett is done testifying.

Late posting:

@cathyrusson

Remember a month ago the State said they still have 100 witnesses left to call after Woody? There has only been one witness (Antonio Sledge) since then. The witness of the last two days, attorney Wright, wasn't included in that 100 number. He was just subpoenaed last week. This is one example of why this case is dragging on and on.

2:12 PM · Sep 10, 2024

@cathyrusson

Jury had a pre-scheduled day off today. Court will be in session all day with judge/attorneys going over several issues.

They've switched seats today. #YoungThug sitting where Yak Gotti normally sits.

1726068406488.png

A year and a half into the trial, more and more people want to stream this trial. The women in the yellow and in the blue both asked to be able to stream the trial in some fashion.

@cathyrusson

Something is going on. The deputies instructed our photog that he can't show what is being talked about right now. It has to do with why the defendants are in different seats today. Something happened overnight. I'll give updates as I get them.

Judge Whitaker said there are security concerns/issues and the sheriff's department is in charge. She will rely on them to seat the defendants. (Reading between the lines, it sounds like there may have been an issue between defendants overnight???)

Attorney Matthews is concerned that the change in seating will impact the jury. Judge Whitaker said that shouldn't matter. Matthews said it gives a negative inference, judge doesn't agree.

Another attorney is arguing that putting #YoungThug in the front where Yak Gotti normally is, can give the impression that is a leader and now at the 'head table'.

Attorneys also argue this disrupts the flow they've had going with who sits next to who, etc... Judge said she'll speak to the sheriff's department.

We are now allowed to start broadcasting again.

@JozsefPapp_

Since today is a motions hearing, I'll update with any important information rather than every detail. Judge Whitaker started the day with two new Rule 22s, for those who don't know, media needs one to be allowed to record and report from court.

Like @cathyrusson reported through her photog, Judge Whitaker said the courtroom seating was rearranged by the Fulton County Sheriff's Office over "security concerns”.

Prosecutors raised some concerns about their private conversations at the table being heard on the livestream, so Judge Whitaker is asking the media to figure out how to make sure that doesn't happen.

I have been watching the stream sometimes when I can't make it to court or if I know it's not a particular interesting day and need to work on other stuff, but I haven't heard any of the state's conversations when I've watched the stream.

My understanding of the audio setup in the courtroom is that there are two systems that provide audio to the stream, a court-wide system and a room microphone that is attached to one of the speakers.

Update from @cathyrusson:

@cathyrusson

UPDATE: IT has informed Judge Whitaker that no private conversations are being picked up by the media stream.

To be clear, I don't think the State was lying. I believe that someone messaged them that they could hear their conversations but it's over the Zoom link, not over the media feed. The Zoom link is controlled by the court, not the media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504
Back