GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County. #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Adams is asking about the fact four people, including Kenneth Copeland, were originally arrested and charged with Donovan Thomas’ murder.Sprinkle said Paul Howard was the DA at the time when the charges were dropped for some of them.

Lunch break for jurors and Sprinkle until 2 p.m. but attorneys and defendants need to be back in 30 minutes to deal with multiple issues.

"Can you do that from now on without me having to beg you to do that?" Whitaker asked Love about telling them stuff before hand."Your honor, the court does not have to beg me for anything," Love replied.

Whitaker tries to make it clear to Love that she needs to notify the court and attorneys about stuff ahead of time.

I'm helping out with some other coverage so I'm trying to catch up. Attorney Max Schardt is now cross-examining Sprinkle.

I haven't been following this closely. What does this mean the Love wants to ask him more questions "at a later time?"
Havent been watching trial too closely myself. :)

Edit: Thought it was for redirect and tuned into trial and heard about motion for (as noted below) mistrial.

Last edited:
"Can you do that from now on without me having to beg you to do that?" 259 pages of QZ's twitter posts. State wants to show a small portion of them. The problem is Judge Whitaker has said time and time again that the state must notice the defense the week before of what exhibits they intend to show with each witness.

Love is back for redirect after Doug Weinstein had a brief cross-examination.

Love just asked Sprinkle to identify a phone number that appears they had agreed not to.
Adams has put in a motion for mistrial.

Whitaker is angry at Love, seems that Love said something at the bench but did something differently.

“It is baffling to me that somebody with the number of years of experience that you have, time after time after time, continues to seemingly and purposefully hide the ball to the extent you possibly can, for as long as you possibly can,” Whitaker told Love.

“I really don’t want to believe that it is purposeful but honestly, after a certain number of times, you start to wonder how can it be anything but that, unless it is just that you are so unorganized that you are throwing this case together as you try it,” Whitaker continued.

“I’m sorry to say that but this case is being made much more difficult for everybody because of the half-hazard way it is being presented,” Whitaker said before taking a recess and making a ruling when she returns.

That is as angry as I've seen a judge with a prosecutor in my time covering trials.

Whitaker has denied the motion for a mistrial but it's going to exclude that statement.

Last edited:
@JozsefPapp_

“It is baffling to me that somebody with the number of years of experience that you have, time after time after time, continues to seemingly and purposefully hide the ball to the extent you possibly can, for as long as you possibly can,” Whitaker told Love.

3:08 PM · Sep 30, 2024
Judge Whitaker is no Glanville. Judge Whitaker takes control of her courtroom. jmo

Young 's attorney Brian Steel tried to bring up the constant "misconduct" by the state but Whitaker told him he understands what he is arguing."Ms. Love does not appear to be trying to get a mistrial so that she can try this case over again," Whitaker said.

"If that were what she was doing, she wouldn't be able to try the case again anyway," Whitaker said about Steel's argument warranting a mistrial.

Here is video of Whitaker getting angry at Love.

"My frustration was apparent a few moments ago but I'm truly struggling with whether all of this is purposeful or this is just really poor lawyering on the part of members of the state's team," Whitaker said.

"Either way, it's really unfortunate if it's something other than poor lawyering, it is more than unfortunate," Whitaker said before saying they are going to move on and exclude that exhibit.

@JozsefPapp_
"I don't know if I can stress anymore than I already have how much the state's lawyers need to make an effort to be upfront and forthright in the trial of this case," Whitaker said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13
Back