GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot by Police, Wendy’s lot, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps the Mayor is trying to rewrite history? That city is a hot mess now IMO.

Atlanta itself has been declining for years. Anywhere gangs are allowed to infiltrate and ruin certain areas of any large city all types of violent crimes go up.

Now, it's even a bigger hot mess. It was the lack of leadership the past few years, and its lack of leadership now.

Imo. That is the common denominator in every large city where violent crimes happen every single day.

Like so many Mayors all across our nation they have allowed, facilitated, and supported the lawless, and turned their backs on law abiding citizens, and those who enforces our laws.

So this Mayor shouldn't be surprised the murders are going higher now. What did she really expect when she told LE to stand down, and allow the criminals to rule her streets?

Imo, if they did a background check on the ones walking around with long guns intimidating everyone she would most likely find they are ones with a criminal history even being exfelons. But then that would mean she would have to let LE do their jobs, and that's not going to happen.

Imo, because she let these criminals takeover that area is the very reason this beautiful 8 year old innocent child is dead, and for the other shootings.

She didn't ask for the NG to be sent in either. Kemp knew if he didn't send a 1000 NG in more innocent blood would be shed, and more property destroyed.

Jmho

Last edited:
It is about time...

“You’re saying charges were brought too quickly in the Rayshard Brooks case?” Winne asked.“

“I think absolutely. I think that anytime the Georgia Bureau of Investigation is conducting an investigation and for us to get all the facts that’s, in our line of work, that’s what we have to do. We have to make sure that we have all the facts or enough facts to warrant charges,” Bryant said.“

Atlanta interim police chief says DA was too quick to bring charges in Rayshard Brooks shooting

DA Howard is looking more and more questionable:

EXCLUSIVE: GBI probe of Fulton County DA Paul Howard widens

ATLANTA - The FOX 5 I-Team has learned that the ongoing GBI criminal investigation of Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard has widened.

The Georgia Attorney General has now asked the GBI to investigate grand jury subpoenas issued by Howard's office in the Rayshard Brooks murder case.

Senior I-Team reporter Dale Russell says those grand jury subpoenas were issued by Howard’s office even though there was no grand jury in place.

But, the I-Team has learned there was more to Howard's investigation. We obtained a copy of a Grand Jury subpoena, sent from Howard's office to the Atlanta Police department instructing them to turn over its "open investigation regarding Garrett Rolfe and the use of force incident."

The subpoena required that the documents be turned over for the "Grand Jury, June/July term on the of 14th day of July." Other grand jury subpoenas were issued for phone and surveillance camera videos.

But there is a problem. How can the grand jury issue these subpoenas when there is no grand jury. It had been suspended on March 13 because of the COVID-19 pandemic. And, legal experts we've talked to say Howard's grand jury subpoena with no grand jury in session could be an ethical or possibly criminal issue.

Now, the I-Team has learned that the subpoenas were brought to the attention of Attorney General Chris Carr, who sent this email to the GBI asking them to "expand the scope of its current investigation regarding District Attorney Paul Howard."

"That request has been sent through the chain of command to agents working that part of the investigation, they are aware of it , says GBI Director Vic Reynolds.

Reynolds says his agents will do whatever needs to be done to continue the investigation and now examine the legal issues surrounding the subpoenas.

(Is it fair to say if the Attorney General asks the GBI to look into this matter, you are looking into whether a crime was committed?)

"That's what the GBI does, yes sir," says Reynolds.

ATLANTA - The FOX 5 I-Team has learned that the ongoing GBI criminal investigation of Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard has widened.

The Georgia Attorney General has now asked the GBI to investigate grand jury subpoenas issued by Howard's office in the Rayshard Brooks murder case.

(Is it fair to say if the Attorney General asks the GBI to look into this matter, you are looking into whether a crime was committed?)

Great news! Keep at it, GBI!

Senior I-Team reporter Dale Russell says those grand jury subpoenas were issued by Howard’s office even though there was no grand jury in place.

But, the I-Team has learned there was more to Howard's investigation. We obtained a copy of a Grand Jury subpoena, sent from Howard's office to the Atlanta Police department instructing them to turn over its "open investigation regarding Garrett Rolfe and the use of force incident."

The subpoena required that the documents be turned over for the "Grand Jury, June/July term on the of 14th day of July." Other grand jury subpoenas were issued for phone and surveillance camera videos.

But there is a problem. How can the grand jury issue these subpoenas when there is no grand jury. It had been suspended on March 13 because of the COVID-19 pandemic. And, legal experts we've talked to say Howard's grand jury subpoena with no grand jury in session could be an ethical or possibly criminal issue.

Now, the I-Team has learned that the subpoenas were brought to the attention of Attorney General Chris Carr, who sent this email to the GBI asking them to "expand the scope of its current investigation regarding District Attorney Paul Howard."

"That request has been sent through the chain of command to agents working that part of the investigation, they are aware of it , says GBI Director Vic Reynolds.

Reynolds says his agents will do whatever needs to be done to continue the investigation and now examine the legal issues surrounding the subpoenas.

Well, well, well....
I can’t wait to see this unfold! Thank you, GBI!

Collins accused Howard of overstepping his bounds at the expense of law enforcement.
Charging an Atlanta police officer with felony murder before completion of the GBI's investigation was a political decision, not a legal one," Collins said.”

“Howard initially told the Fulton County Daily Report that his office 'proactively' sent out grand jury subpoenas in advance of the expiration of the judicial emergency order 'in the hopes' that a grand jury might be able to convene once the order expired," the statement said, in part. "He later changed his story and said that the 'employee who issued the Grand Jury subpoena was under the impression that the March/April Grand Jury was still impaneled.' Obviously, these statements cannot be reconciled with each other."

Lawyers representing ex-Atlanta officer Garrett Rolfe applaud widening of GBI probe of Fulton Co. DA Paul Howard

Statement Per US Representative Doug Collins Twitter feed:

"I’m glad @Georgia_AG has asked the GBI to expand its probe into Paul Howard's abuse of power.
 Howard’s decision to issue grand jury subpoenas without a grand jury in place is a potential crime, and he needs to be removed from his position immediately."

George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks Lawyer Partners With eOne For Docuseries - Variety

L. Chris Stewart, the trial attorney currently representing the families of George Floyd and Rayshard Brooks, is teaming with eOne for a documentary series about his pursuit of justice for victims of police brutality.

The series, titled “Burden of Justice,” will see Stewart open up his life and his legal practice to show the harsh realities of creating social change. “Burden of Justice” was developed and is being spearhead for eOne by Madison Merritt, the studio’s executive vice president of development for unscripted TV.

Each episode of the show will use archival footage, interviews with families and friends of victims, witnesses, members of Stewart’s team, and Stewart’s own words to showcase these politically-charged cases in a new way.

Well now, this is interesting. A documentary about victims of police brutality. I will watch it. I do not believe Rayshard Brooks’ case is the same as George Floyd’s case. I wonder if this documentary will show the truth of both sides.

Well now, this is interesting. A documentary about victims of police brutality. I will watch it. I do not believe Rayshard Brooks’ case is the same as George Floyd’s case. I wonder if this documentary will show the truth of both sides.

Or maybe the spectrum of cases and why it's important that each one be dealt with independently.

DA Howard is voted out!!

Fani Willis unseats 6-term Fulton DA Paul Howard

Howard charged Atlanta police officer Garrett Rolfe, since fired, with 11 criminal counts, including felony murder, following the June 12 shooting of Rayshard Brooks. Officer Devin Brosnan faces charges of aggravated assault and violating his oath of office. Both are free on bond.

Critics accuse Howard of politicizing the case, noting that he had 43 prior police shooting cases on his desk that have yet to be adjudicated. The GBI has expanded its investigation and is now conducting a new probe into whether the DA’s office could legally issue grand jury subpoenas to get information about Rolfe.

DA Howard is voted out!!

Fani Willis unseats 6-term Fulton DA Paul Howard

Howard charged Atlanta police officer Garrett Rolfe, since fired, with 11 criminal counts, including felony murder, following the June 12 shooting of Rayshard Brooks. Officer Devin Brosnan faces charges of aggravated assault and violating his oath of office. Both are free on bond.

Critics accuse Howard of politicizing the case, noting that he had 43 prior police shooting cases on his desk that have yet to be adjudicated. The GBI has expanded its investigation and is now conducting a new probe into whether the DA’s office could legally issue grand jury subpoenas to get information about Rolfe.

So glad he is gone! No matter anyone’s opinion on the case itself I think most could see Howard was a problem. Let’s not forget the mis handling of this case is not the ONLY thing Howard is being investigated for.

That would be nice but unfortunately a lot of people can't look at each case independently and go from there. They don't care about any facts other than an unarmed person was shot

BBM

Brooks was armed -- he stole a Tazer from the other officer while resisting arrest.

The week before the same prosecutor referred to a Tazer as a lethal weapon as part of this event:

6 Atlanta police officers charged after video captured arrest of 2 college students

In that case, it was a crime to point a Tazer at a person. If it is aggravated assault in Atlanta to point a Tazer at someone, it must be aggravated assault 24/7/365.

Rayshard Brooks was armed with a Tazer.
Rayshard Brooks pointed that Tazer at officers.
Rayshard Brooks discharged that Tazer.

BBM

Brooks was armed -- he stole a Tazer from the other officer while resisting arrest.

The week before the same prosecutor referred to a Tazer as a lethal weapon as part of this event:

6 Atlanta police officers charged after video captured arrest of 2 college students

In that case, it was a crime to point a Tazer at a person. If it is aggravated assault in Atlanta to point a Tazer at someone, it must be aggravated assault 24/7/365.

Rayshard Brooks was armed with a Tazer.
Rayshard Brooks pointed that Tazer at officers.
Rayshard Brooks discharged that Tazer.
I know he was armed, you know he was armed but to some a taser isn't weapon. If you look back at my posts in the thread, I brought up these exact points

Bond not revoked for officer accused in Rayshard Brooks’ death

Garrett Rolfe won’t have his bond revoked after making a trip to Florida, a Fulton County judge ruled. Judge Jane Barwick gave a stern warning to Rolfe about following the terms of his release on $500,000 bond and modified the wording in his bond order to require Rolfe to stay at his home.

“Defendant faces charges related to the killing of another human being, and whether he believes these charges are warranted, he was given the privilege of limited freedom while these charges pend,” Barwick wrote in her ruling. “Should he and his attorneys have any question as to the meaning of the conditions of his bond, they should seek clarification from the court before acting rather than hoping for continued release after acting. These are strict conditions that shall be adhered to strictly.”

His bond conditions have now been modified to state Rolfe cannot leave the state. He must follow a 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew except for medical, legal or work reasons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy
Back