GA - Riceboro, WhtFemale, discovered in woods of the Portal Hunting Club, homicide, 2 Dec 2022 - Mindi Mebane Kassotis *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

proctorelites

Reaction score
Body of a deceased Female was located Dec. 02, 2022 by hunters in a ditch in the city of Riceboro near Jones Rd in Jenkins County, Georgia. The Unidentified Female is described as having no marks, scars or tattoos, brown hair & brown eyes, likely 5'9- 5'10. Remains placed in the area after
Nov 18, 2022.
Ethnicity not shared in request from the GBI ,but she was reported as an unclothed white female in the incident report linked in the last article below.

The GBI is searching for her identity.
GBI tip line at 1-800-597-8477.

Attachments

• 1670899124935.png
    1670899124935.png
    368.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

---

Police are asking the public for help in identifying the body of a woman found in a wooded area in Liberty County. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) describes the victim as a white female between 5’9″and -5’10” tall and weighs 185-200 lbs with brown hair and brown eyes. The victim had no scars, marks, or tattoos.

Authorities say her date of death is believed to be approximately one to two weeks before she was found.

According to the report, a knife was discovered near the scene however the cause of death has not been released and it is unknown if the discovery of the knife played a part in the woman’s death.

1670954880417.png

1670959325876.png
1670958948005.png
''RICEBORO, Ga. — The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is trying to find the identity of a woman found dead in the woods. Hunters found her Dec. 2 at the Portal Hunting Club that intersects with Jones Road near the City of Riceboro and Liberty and McIntosh counties border.
Her date of death is believed to be about two weeks before she was found, according to a GBI news release.''

Last edited:
8F6CE927-9647-4CA2-826D-40B312108AF9.jpeg

<snipped & BBM>
According to deputies, hunters found the body in the area of Barrington Ferry Road and Jones Road in Liberty County near the McIntosh County line. Something detectives say is unusual for the area.

[…]

The incident is being treated as a homicide the initial incident report states that the woman’s body was dismembered. This sketch from the GBI one of the only glimpses of who the woman could be.

[…]

A drive through the area shows how dense the wooded area where the woman was found can be, but it’s not necessarily remote.

The roadway, for it being dirt, it does get a lot of travel. You’ll even see FedEx and UPS trucks using that route from Townsend back into Riceboro.”

She must have been found quickly, if they know eye colour.

I do love the work of the Georgia recon artists, the mother and daughter, who do these pastel-style reconstructions. They always seem very vital and real, in a way that others sometimes miss. Sometimes they look sad, like this one, but others are joyful, presumably with the aim of showing off the teeth, but in a far more natural expression than I've seen a lot of other artists achieve. I hope the right person sees these pictures quickly, and this Doe gets her name back very soon.

I do love the work of the Georgia recon artists, the mother and daughter, who do these pastel-style reconstructions. They always seem very vital and real, in a way that others sometimes miss. Sometimes they look sad, like this one, but others are joyful, presumably with the aim of showing off the teeth, but in a far more natural expression than I've seen a lot of other artists achieve. I hope the right person sees these pictures quickly, and this Doe gets her name back very soon.
She was there between 5 days to 2 weeks. Not sure what circumstances kept her from decomposing.

First learned of K's work here:Identified! - GA - Springer Mtn, Benton MacKaye Trail, Unk Male, UP88987, poss hiker, Jan'22 - Stephen Lucas Ryan
I agree with you, K's sketches are very realistic and spot on! MOO JMO

She was there between 5 days to 2 weeks. Not sure what circumstances kept her from decomposing.
rbbm.
''The secret to dead bodies that remain intact after death is corpse wax, per Gizmodo. Unlike bodies that succumb to the natural process of decay and become fodder for bacteria that ultimately leave nothing, corpse wax — a thick, white substance — grows outward from some bodies and preserves them by shielding them from the natural catalysts of decomposition.

The less creepy term for corpse wax is adipocere. According to Atlas Obscura, the substance was first discovered on the remains of children by French scientists who were excavating Paris' Cemetery of Innocents. The formal scientific name came from the Latin words for fat (adeps) and wax (cere).''

The waxy substance is most likely to form in damp, warm, and alkaline environments when water comes into contact with the soft fatty tissue of the corpse. This kickstarts hydrogenation, which Lumen Learning explains is what occurs when pairs of hydrogen atoms are attached to compounds. Per Gizmodo, this chemical reaction makes the fatty cells of the corpse harder, which ultimately creates a firm coating around the body to preserve it.

''The adipocere that encases corpses can preserve bones and help researchers. In one case, the wax was able to preserve cherry pits in a corpse's stomach, which was able to provide information about the person's diet that would have been lost to time were it not for the preservation of the stomach and intestines.''

Read More: Here's Why Some Dead Bodies Don't Decay - Grunge

First learned of K's work here:Identified! - GA - Springer Mtn, Benton MacKaye Trail, Unk Male, UP88987, poss hiker, Jan'22 - Stephen Lucas Ryan
I agree with you, K's sketches are very realistic and spot on! MOO JMO
I first saw Kelly's work for this case. Love this as an artwork, and it turned out to have a strong resemblance to the Doe, too, when she was IDed. Not everyone can get a likeness and make them look alive. Both are important for getting someone to recognise a loved one.

Identified! - GA - Buford, Fem UP80164, Adult Pre-30, tent nearby, Apr'21 - Brittany Michelle Davis

I don't know if it was Kelly or her mother (also a forensic artist, it's become a family career apparently) who did the drawn recon of Christmas Doe '88, possibly her mother, given it's over ten years ago. (You can see it on post #26 of the thread.)

GA - GA - Ware Co., BlkFem Child 15UFGA, 2-4, in cement-filled suitcase, Dec'88

Lifelike recons help so, so much when you're trying to give someone their name back. I have every hope that Kelly's recons for Riceboro Doe are going to help find those who knew her in life, and are going to mean she isn't languishing under the label of unknown for long.

I've got my fingers crossed for you, sweetie.

They estimate she was put there on or around Nov 27th. I'm curious what the significance of that date is
Likely a weekend, first chance perp had to move the woman's body? speculation, imo.

After a game?

The kids out having fun and of the way, or couple fight?
Nov 24, 2022

Last edited:
If you track the spot down on Google Maps, it's right where Mcintosh County, Liberty County, and Long County come together, and it's quite "out of the way" ("Way out in B.F.E.", as folks would say around here), which suggests to me that the perpetrator is local, or at least has some local knowledge.

I could be wrong, though....Ted Bundy managed to find some really obscure dump sites by apparently random means.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562
Back