GA - Riceboro, WhtFemale, discovered in woods of the Portal Hunting Club, homicide, 2 Dec 2022 - Mindi Mebane Kassotis *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If everything else matches up then I would say it could be considered.

That's just my opinion only tho. I have no training ot formal education in this type of stuff
I thought she may be Paula Cox Rankin, missing from Concord, NC since November 26, 2022. Everything but location (sort of) and eye color is a match. I think the eyes of the Doe may have always been discolored as November 27, 2022 to December 2, 2022 is a 5 day gap and eye color is one of the first stages of decomposition. I was stunned that the body was likely dumped just one day after her disappearance.
Original
UP98847.png

Paula Cox Rankin (MP98692)Riceboro Jane Doe (2022) UP98847
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/Caucasian, Hawaiian/Pacific IslanderWhite/Caucasian
Age4720 - 60
DLC/DODNovember 26, 2022Likely November 27, 2022 or around that area.
Hair ColorBlond/Strawberry (Looks brown in her photo though. Possibly dyed?)Brown
Eye ColorBlueBrown
Height5'85'9 - 5'10
Weight210lbs195 - 215lbs
Distinctive FeaturesNone/UnknownNone/Unknown
CircumstancesLast seen with a Gray Tweed Suitcase.Scattered parts find in Riceboro.
DistanceConcord - Riceboro317 miles (4hrs 37mins)

I thought she may be Paula Cox Rankin, missing from Concord, NC since November 26, 2022.
I think they is a strong match. This article says she went missing on the 4th.

Edit
She was last seen on the 4th. She communicated through phone w someone on the 6th

I think they is a strong match. This article says she went missing on the 4th.

Edit
She was last seen on the 4th. She communicated through phone w someone on the 6th
This is very strange. They are possibly withholding info that she was alive on the 26th?

When i saw the large pic. of AC in your post, i thought you were suggesting her as a match to this Doe, so i added a link for comparing convenience.
Off to check out that thread, apologies for the confusion!
Yeah. I just put that image in my signature to spread awareness since she isn't in NamUs or Doe Network or Charley Project yet! I would never have considered her as in 2022 she would have been 83 while this Doe is 20 - 50.

Just the proximity means she should be checked and ruled out. Height, weight, hair and eye colour are good. But if it is her, where on earth was she from May till December? She wasn't at the site or deceased elsewhere - the Doe was found recently enough they could tell eye colour.

Definitely worth comparing the two.
Due to her age and lack of info I'm assuming shes a runaway. She could've been missing voluntarily for a extended period of time before being murdered

Due to her age and lack of info I'm assuming shes a runaway. She could've been missing voluntarily for a extended period of time before being murdered
Entirely possible. She doesn't have a Charley profile, which is annoying, because often Charley has info about the context for a disappearance that isn't found elsewhere. I couldn't find any news stories about her. If she was abducted or just suddenly didn't come home one day, I'd expect there to be news about it. Perhaps this was normal for her, everything but the not reappearing. Or perhaps my Google fu is just broken today.

I wasn't convinced Paula wasn't the Doe but now I am due to the passage of time that has gone with Paula being off of NamUs and the Doe staying on. I always look for matches just in case a new MP is added. Chelsea Woods seems possible in every term but distance.
Original
Original

Chelsea Brooke Woods MP95027Riceboro Jane Doe UP98847
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age3820 - 60
DLC/DODAugust 28, 20222022
Height5'95'9 - 5'10
Weight180 pounds195 - 215 pounds
Hair ColorBrownBrown
Eye ColorBrownBrown
Distinctive FeaturesUnknown/NoneUnknown/None
CircumstancesLast seen going into the woods.Found scattered on property leased for hunting.
DistanceClinton - Riceboro817 miles (12hr 42mins)

I wasn't convinced Paula wasn't the Doe but now I am due to the passage of time that has gone with Paula being off of NamUs and the Doe staying on. I always look for matches just in case a new MP is added. Chelsea Woods seems possible in every term but distance.
Original
Original

Chelsea Brooke Woods MP95027Riceboro Jane Doe UP98847
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age3820 - 60
DLC/DODAugust 28, 20222022
Height5'95'9 - 5'10
Weight180 pounds195 - 215 pounds
Hair ColorBrownBrown
Eye ColorBrownBrown
Distinctive FeaturesUnknown/NoneUnknown/None
CircumstancesLast seen going into the woods.Found scattered on property leased for hunting.
DistanceClinton - Riceboro817 miles (12hr 42mins)
Face shape is very similar, but you're right, that's a long way away. Do we know anything about Chelsea that would suggest she might be in the locality of where Riceboro Doe was found? Family living local, transient lifestyle, sex work, career that has a FIFO element to it, etc.?

What makes me think it's probably not Chelsea, apart from distance, is her last seen, which if accurate, suggests her death was more likely suicide, accidental or misadventure, and that they just haven't found her body.

Face shape is very similar, but you're right, that's a long way away. Do we know anything about Chelsea that would suggest she might be in the locality of where Riceboro Doe was found? Family living local, transient lifestyle, sex work, career that has a FIFO element to it, etc.?

What makes me think it's probably not Chelsea, apart from distance, is her last seen, which if accurate, suggests her death was more likely suicide, accidental or misadventure, and that they just haven't found her body.
I doubt it was suicide but I think it may be accidental but I will look around to see if she possibly did have relatives in the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleleighD70
Back