Identified! GA - Richmond Co., UID remains found, Mar'07 - Karen Pryor

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks LR for the link. In several of the newspaper articles they refer to "skeletal remains", "bones" and "the body appears to be fully intact, ,,,we have a large portion of it" ----- so from the info in Lion's Run's TOD post, sounds like this body hasn't been there for years and years. Possibly articulated as LR speculated. We had some very warm days in February and in March and April it's been up in the 80's many days so with that weather a body would decay rapidly no doubt.

When I hear of a body/skeleton being found, I always wonder if it was previously stored, like in a freezer, and then dumped at a convenient time. I read too much about crime.

I do hope this body will be identified and given a proper burial. It's so sad when a body goes unidentified.

I'm from the CSRA (born in Augusta, raised on the SC side of the Savannah Rvr... left 6+ years ago)... when I first heard about it, they didn't say if it was an adult that they had found... just bones. With it being Laney Walker, my first thought was that maybe it was a girl named Tiffany that went missing from that area quite a many years back. But, she was a child, so that can be ruled out now that it is stated as being a white woman.

I think at this point, if it was someone missing from the CSRA, they would have probably already made an ID, or at least reported on the possibility that it was a resident of the area. Hopefully they will find an answer, soon... somewhere out in this world is a family searching for this person.

I wonder how long it would take them to identify the remains even if it is a missing person from the CSRA. If it is an articulated skeleton they can use dental records, dna, perhaps jewelry. The article said some clothing was found.

The article also said they were searching for any other "bones" which makes me wonder if they think it could be a dumping ground. They haven't found anymore apparently but there's lot's of places in that area to dump bodies, not to mention the Savannah River which is really fast and treacherous. No one swims in that river.

Excuse my ramblings, but knowing this area, I know that it is not a predominantly caucasian section, there are quite a few factories along the river there, the train tracks run through there. Lots of drug activity in the area. NOT a place you'd ever want your car to break down in, day or night, but it is highly traveled by folks coming into Augusta from SC, especially if they are heading to the hospital district, the bypass or the farmers market. I have't heard of any workers missing from the factories/plants in the area.

Bumping this up....any new info on this?

I can't find anything :( Still searching.

Latest update I am finding is 3/27

An update from the Richmond County Sheriff's Office Tuesday on those skeletal remains found in Augusta. According to investigators, they belong to a woman likely in her thirties.

There were no signs of trauma. The Crime Lab will continue to investigate and a formal anthropological report is forthcoming.

I was talking to a friend about this. Does anyone think the delay could be because of an ongoing murder investigation? Or, is identity the more likely problem?

I passed by this road yesterday. There wasn't much traffic on Laney-Walker so I was able to go slow and look down Lover's Lane. It's a short road for sure, and I could see a stationary train at the very end where the train tracks are. Now if I could see the train cars from the west bound lane of Laney-Walker (which means I was looking across the east bound lanes and then down Lover's Lane) then you know it's a short road and not much distance at all from the end of the paved road to the train tracks. In fact I was surprised at how easy it was to see the train cars. True there is lots of low growing vegetation but it couldn't have been very hard to spot a body and definitely not hard to smell one with all the warm weather we've had since February. I believe as I said earlier, this body was found by others before it was ever reported--they just didn't want to get involved. I also paid more attention to the surrounding area and like I posted before, it's "seedy". While on one side of Lover's Lane there are some decent looking factories, the rest of the area is overgrown, lots of abandoned buildings, the residential section doesn't start for a few miles and even it's a pretty rough area--you know it is when you see all the homes and businesses that have metal gates on their windows and doors!

I passed by this road yesterday. There wasn't much traffic on Laney-Walker so I was able to go slow and look down Lover's Lane. It's a short road for sure, and I could see a stationary train at the very end where the train tracks are. Now if I could see the train cars from the west bound lane of Laney-Walker (which means I was looking across the east bound lanes and then down Lover's Lane) then you know it's a short road and not much distance at all from the end of the paved road to the train tracks. In fact I was surprised at how easy it was to see the train cars. True there is lots of low growing vegetation but it couldn't have been very hard to spot a body and definitely not hard to smell one with all the warm weather we've had since February. I believe as I said earlier, this body was found by others before it was ever reported--they just didn't want to get involved. I also paid more attention to the surrounding area and like I posted before, it's "seedy". While on one side of Lover's Lane there are some decent looking factories, the rest of the area is overgrown, lots of abandoned buildings, the residential section doesn't start for a few miles and even it's a pretty rough area--you know it is when you see all the homes and businesses that have metal gates on their windows and doors!

Thanks for taking the time to physically check this out and then post details. :)

I was talking to a friend about this. Does anyone think the delay could be because of an ongoing murder investigation? Or, is identity the more likely problem?

I've wondered about this. You would think they would have released some more details, like clothing.

I was just down in that area a few weeks ago and I asked my mom if anything was said about it and she and my dad said it was in the paper one day and then nothing else was said about it. :(

Newest info I found. Reported by www.wrdw.com

Richmond County investigators still need your help identifying another skeleton discovered earlier this year. Deputies found the remains of a white female off of Laney Walker Boulevard, near Lovers Lane in March. Homicide investigator Tom Johnson tells News 12, the woman could be anywhere from 25-years-old to 40. But investigators believe she was in her 30's when she died. There were no obvious signs of trauma to the skeleton. The remains were ruled not to be those of Deborah Dill. Anyone with any information is asked to call the sheriff's office.

Newest info I found. Reported by www.wrdw.com

Richmond County investigators still need your help identifying another skeleton discovered earlier this year. Deputies found the remains of a white female off of Laney Walker Boulevard, near Lovers Lane in March. Homicide investigator Tom Johnson tells News 12, the woman could be anywhere from 25-years-old to 40. But investigators believe she was in her 30's when she died. There were no obvious signs of trauma to the skeleton. The remains were ruled not to be those of Deborah Dill. Anyone with any information is asked to call the sheriff's office.
Thank you so much for the article as it has puzzled me when there were no news reports. So, they have not been able to identify the remains. If a reconstructive sketch could be done that would aid greatly in helping the public identify the remains. 2 sets of skeletal remains in the area is worrisome especially with families out there wondering where their loved ones are.

Lisa Shuttleworth has yet to be found and Beach Island is just across the river to where this skeleton was found. Driving time, you could be from one place to the other in 5 minutes. A friend of mine is a close friend of Lisa's mom and I know they have been wondering if it is her. Lisa has/had two children, I believe, and her mom is still living so they could do a dna match couldn't they?

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200604670S

Lisa Shuttleworth has yet to be found and Beach Island is just across the river to where this skeleton was found. Driving time, you could be from one place to the other in 5 minutes. A friend of mine is a close friend of Lisa's mom and I know they have been wondering if it is her. Lisa has/had two children, I believe, and her mom is still living so they could do a dna match couldn't they?

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200604670S

I would be sure the sheriff's office is called and at least remind them that this could be Lisa.

Bumping

Any news on this case? I tried doing a search but not being from the area I didn't really know where all to look.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14
Back