Found Deceased GA - Robin Newton, 51, Woodstock, 30 July 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't seen any comments on Woodstock PD page that would be considered "interesting". Can you elaborate?
This is very difficult to discuss without discussing the comment. When I originally posted that there was an interesting comment, one comment was extremely interesting, but after further investigation by LE, it is irrelevant. But originally, the comment was so interesting that LE even thought it was interesting.

Thank you for sharing the new flyer! What do you think happened to Robin?
Honestly, I don't know her so I'm not sure. I have some friends that know her and have worked with her and they seem to think she may have left voluntarily due to difficult life circumstances. I do know that there has been no cell activity, no bank/card activity, and no sightings of her or her van. She's been missing for 9 days now.

Something is fishy. Did she not have a cell phone charger in her car? If she talked to her husband on the way to Lake Hartwell then LE should be able to ping her phone at the time of the call and narrow the search down from that location onward on the route she was on. Police are saying "it's too soon to speculate if foul play was involved" but the lack of a search for her vehicle along the route to Lake Hartwell seems to speak volumes to me. I have a feeling LE have already made that determination and are busy investigating. I hope I'm wrong. MOO.

AUG 8, 2019
Husband desperate to find wife who disappeared more than a week ago
[...]

“This is just totally out of character for her," her husband Wayne Newton told Channel 2’s Justin Wilfon.

[...]

"She told me she was going to help a friend, and she'd be at Lake Hartwell, and she might stay a night or two," he said.

[...]

Robin’s husband said he’s holding out hope that their family’s sometimes stressful life simply drove her away.

“I’m hoping and praying that’s what’s wrong," Wayne said. “I just ask Robin if you’re out there somewhere, please call – let somebody know you’re OK. I’m sorry."

[...]

AUG 8, 2019
Husband desperate to find wife who disappeared more than a week ago
[...]

“This is just totally out of character for her," her husband Wayne Newton told Channel 2’s Justin Wilfon.

[...]

"She told me she was going to help a friend, and she'd be at Lake Hartwell, and she might stay a night or two," he said.

[...]

Robin’s husband said he’s holding out hope that their family’s sometimes stressful life simply drove her away.

“I’m hoping and praying that’s what’s wrong," Wayne said. “I just ask Robin if you’re out there somewhere, please call – let somebody know you’re OK. I’m sorry."

[...]

BBM.

I want to hear more about what was stressful in their life. Finances? Was she struggling with depression? Health issues?

And don't ask me why, but it irks me whenever a spouse of a missing persons says "If you are out there somewhere"... It was probably prompted by the reporter or may be a common colloquialism, but that phrasing perks my ears right up ever since CW gave his infamous porch interview.

MOO.

New article with more information: She's been missing for more than a week

It says she was going to Lake Hartwell to help a friend move. Her husband was talking to her and she said she had to let him go because her cell phone was dying. When he called her friend the next day, the friend said she never made it the night before.

Maybe she did arrive and something happened there?

BBM.

I want to hear more about what was stressful in their life. Finances? Was she struggling with depression? Health issues?

And don't ask me why, but it irks me whenever a spouse of a missing persons says "If you are out there somewhere"... It was probably prompted by the reporter or may be a common colloquialism, but that phrasing perks my ears right up ever since CW gave his infamous porch interview.

MOO.
BBM

You and me both! MOO

Oh no, how awful. :(

Rest in peace, Robin.
g10101.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics