CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Ross Harris Trial Appeal, hot car death of son, Cooper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I remember rightly, I thought there was the issue of some of Ross' internet searches re. hot car deaths, and how long it takes ?
I need to to go back and check.
IF true, this was more troubling than even the sexting.
But as far as I remember, it came up during the trial and the jury tried to be fair and just at that time.

As well --didn't Ross have a camera in the car that was accessed by his phone ?
So he should have known Cooper was still in the car.
So many red flags.
My .02 about this case.
There was debate in court about his search of hot car deaths and about child-free living.

Day 13: Tuesday, October 25

Sparks flew in the courtroom as the lead defense attorney cross-examined Stoddard. Kilgore highlighted multiple inconsistencies in Stoddard’s testimony during a preliminary hearing in July, 2014. Back in 2014, Stoddard testified that Harris searched for the term “how hot does it need to be for a child to die inside a hot car.” It was later revealed that a video titled “How hot does it get inside a parked car,” appeared on Harris’ Reddit homepage and he clicked on it. Citing motive, Stoddard testified in 2014 that Harris had visited a subreddit group named “child free for people who advocate child free living.” “As it turns out,” Kilgore said, “this child-free subreddit was discovered by Alex Hall, Harris’ friend. And Alex was the one that directed Harris to this site.” Stoddard agreed. Kilgore pressed Stoddard on the stand, asking repeatedly when he knew this was the case. Stoddard responded multiple times that he couldn’t “recall” when he found that information.

Sexting does not equal murder.

Taking his son to eat breakfast then driving directly to work; within 6 seconds, he missed the turn to day care. CH's car seat was too small for him. His little head almost touched Ross' head in that car. The jury got to see that car and the location of the carseat.
RH went to lunch with the boys and tossed the items he bought into his car. He could smell the putrid death of his son when he opened the car's door. After work, he was driving down the road for quite a while before pulling over in a parking lot. But, he could smell the death of his son when he entered the car. CH had pulled clumps of his hair out of his head raging against the pain of the growing intense heat.

And, that's only includes what RH did that fateful day after breakfast that equals murder.

MOO MOHOO

There was debate in court about his search of hot car deaths and about child-free living.

Day 13: Tuesday, October 25

Sparks flew in the courtroom as the lead defense attorney cross-examined Stoddard. Kilgore highlighted multiple inconsistencies in Stoddard’s testimony during a preliminary hearing in July, 2014. Back in 2014, Stoddard testified that Harris searched for the term “how hot does it need to be for a child to die inside a hot car.” It was later revealed that a video titled “How hot does it get inside a parked car,” appeared on Harris’ Reddit homepage and he clicked on it. Citing motive, Stoddard testified in 2014 that Harris had visited a subreddit group named “child free for people who advocate child free living.” “As it turns out,” Kilgore said, “this child-free subreddit was discovered by Alex Hall, Harris’ friend. And Alex was the one that directed Harris to this site.” Stoddard agreed. Kilgore pressed Stoddard on the stand, asking repeatedly when he knew this was the case. Stoddard responded multiple times that he couldn’t “recall” when he found that information.

I liked RH's defense attorney, MaddoxKilgore. MK is handsome and appeared well-groomed and well-dressed. It was his softly spoken words that made him more attractive. RH was fortunate to have a likeable attorney.

I can say that AHall did type the subreddit link into their work gchat that RH accessed. However, detectives were never allowed to interview AH because he refused to speak with the Prosecution Team. Hence, Stoddard did not receive the gchat from AHall. Someone else told Stoddard about the gchat that they used every day at work.

@ 1:11:32

I can see the arguments about whether the texting was unfairly prejudicial from both sides, but let's look at all of the other puzzle pieces and whether put-together they prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt.

The related Internet activities he did (searches, comments), video footage of him in the parking lot at work, how and where he chose to park, that he just happened to need to put light bulbs into his car during the work-day that day, things he said after finding his son in the car and to LE, etc.

The second paragraph below, clipped from Justice Nahmias‘ statement, is one of the most confusing sentences I have ever read. JMO

In his argument, Nahmias argued the use of "extensive evidence about Appellant’s extramarital sexual relationships" in court was "needlessly cumulative and prejudicial."

"Because the properly admitted evidence that Appellant maliciously and intentionally left Cooper to die was far from overwhelming, we cannot say that it is highly probable that the erroneously admitted sexual evidence did not contribute to the jury’s guilty verdicts," the justice wrote.

I think the sexting was highly relevant because he was doing so WHILE he was supposed to be taking his child to daycare and while his son was overheating to death in the car. I think it was criminal negligence at the very least.

[ NOT directed at you personally, AAT----:)]
Imo, his sexting also gave grounds for possible motive. And how could he “forget” his son right behind him in the back seat, in his view, and when he had just taken him to eat food? I don’t buy it.

Imo, his sexting also gave grounds for possible motive. And how could he “forget” his son right behind him in the back seat, in his view, and when he had just taken him to eat food? I don’t buy it.
Would texting about the Razorbacks to a friend have been less of a motive? The prosecution overdid it with the sexting and the infidelity, and as a result, tainted the jury and gave Harris another chance. They screwed up.

No, he could have been texting about anything at all but that does not not justify a charge of malice murder. The reason he was distracted does not matter. IMO
He wasn’t just texting, he was a married man sexting with other women. How does that type of mentality line up with someone who wants to be a father and a family man. It simply doesn’t cohere. If he wanted to be a father he would have been thinking about his baby and not left him to die a painful, horrific death. He was thinking about him when he took him to eat. Then suddenly he “forgot“ him?
Most people give more thought to their dogs than he did to his own flesh and blood baby boy. He’s so evil he makes me sick.

Would texting about the Razorbacks to a friend have been less of a motive? The prosecution overdid it with the sexting and the infidelity, and as a result, tainted the jury and gave Harris another chance. They screwed up.
Susan Smith’s motive was that her babies were an inconvenience and interfering with her own personal desires. Not much different, IMO.

The most telling thing to me, and I watched that entire trial, was the amount of time between him putting his child in the car seat, and him driving 30 feet to the parking lot exit, where he had to decide which wAy to turn----turn right toward his office OR left to day care.

So in less than 30 seconds, he forgets his baby was in the car? It wasn't like he took a 45 minute drive in freeway traffic and eventually forgot a sleeping baby. Just 30 seconds earlier he placed Cooper in his car seat, and then it slips his mind?

I think he was obsessed with his sexting and the dirty pictures he was looking at, and didn't really care about what was going on with Cooper.

Susan Smith’s motive was that her babies were an inconvenience and interfering with her own personal desires. Not much different, IMO.

Not a good analogy. You simply can't conclude that about every hot car death. Most are accidents, and nothing like the unrelated Smith case.

I'm not defending Harris's actions and I find him totally suspicious, but if the prosecution had a good enough case, they should have stuck to the facts.

He wasn’t just texting, he was a married man sexting with other women. How does that type of mentality line up with someone who wants to be a father and a family man. It simply doesn’t cohere. If he wanted to be a father he would have been thinking about his baby and not left him to die a painful, horrific death. He was thinking about him when he took him to eat. Then suddenly he “forgot“ him?
Most people give more thought to their dogs than he did to his own flesh and blood baby boy. He’s so evil he makes me sick.
Lots of married men with kids mess around with other women. Yes, it’s sleazy and immoral. As I said in another post, I hope he is retried. I think there is other evidence to convict him on. It’s best I don’t comment on this thread.

"Through extensive evidence about Appellant's extramarital sexual relationships — which included sending graphic sexual messages and pictures to multiple women, including minors, and hiring a prostitute — the State convincingly demonstrated that Appellant was a philanderer, a pervert, and even a sexual predator," the documents read.
However, "this evidence did little if anything to answer the key question of Appellant's intent when he walked away from Cooper," the decision continues.
I agree with the Georgia Supreme Courts decision because unrelated crimes were used to gain a murder conviction that carried a life sentence. Any sexting RH did the day CH died is relevant but the State went way beyond that. JMO.

Ga. Dad Who 'Sexted' with Women as Young Son Died in Hot Car Gets Murder Conviction Overturned

Last edited:
Taking the stand on Friday, Daneila Doerr testified that she was “very confident” she had sex with Harris just weeks before Cooper’s death, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. She said that Harris contacted her through an ad she placed on Backpage.com, and they first met during the week of May 18, 2014.

This happened weeks before Coopers death and should not have been put in front of the jury. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back