GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this was the wrong day to be out taking care of business. Awesome posts WS'ers...so in short Clegg was a major jerk and Mr. James smooth as silk?

So my guess for the verdict in after lunch tomorrow unless AS begs for the plea before the jury comes back.

PS..Dekalb County can be very proud of their lawyers!,
You've GOT to watch. You'll laugh for different reasons in each one.

BRu7ZkVCEAAeaPm.png

A tired man.

I can't believe the judge let the defense change the language in the charge after the jury had already gone to the jury room.

Guess it can't hurt, though.

There are 13 separate counts. It's like 13 different trials at once. The jury has to decide each count separately. As with a separate trial for each count, they can find her guilty, not guilty, or hang.

She will be sentenced on any counts where she is found guilty, and the mistrial for hung jury will apply to the others. Not guilty, no punishment.

I doubt they would re-try any hung decisions unless ALL the charges were hung jury.
Sorry to be so dense. They have to have a unanimous vote for the not guilty charges, or it's hung?
I would think a hung would be not guilty?

Well this was the wrong day to be out taking care of business. Awesome posts WS'ers...so in short Clegg was a major jerk and Mr. James smooth as silk?

So my guess for the verdict in after lunch tomorrow unless AS begs for the plea before the jury comes back.

PS..Dekalb County can be very proud of their lawyers!,

'Bout time you got here, Tipstaff!

:seeya:

You've GOT to watch. You'll laugh for different reasons in each one.

Justice ...it will be my bed time viewing. Bummed I wasn't here with you all....but will be for the verdict!

Already appalled at Clegg just from the posts. Wonder if S Citron will have a comment ...or her lawyer...after the verdicts. I really hope so.

Sorry to be so dense. They have to have a unanimous vote for the not guilty charges, or it's hung?

A hung jury is a mistrial.

Each count, I believe, must be unanimous. And they may find her guilty on some charges, not guilty of others, or they might be hung on some. Or she might be acquitted or convicted of all charges.

Would love to see guilty guilty guilty as many times a s possible. Girlfriend needs to go away for awhile....

Well she sure seems happy and giddy. :rolleyes:

UGH, I so badly want her to be guilty on all counts. I want her to be punished soooooo bad! :maddening:

Well she sure seems happy and giddy. :rolleyes:

UGH, I so badly want her to be guilty on all counts. I want her to be punished soooooo bad! :maddening:

I don't think I can stand it if AS isn't convicted, Softail!

For a guilty or not guilty verdict, all 12 jurors must agree. If they can't agree, they are "hung" and there is no verdict. If there is no verdict, the counts can be re-tried if the prosecutions wants.

BTW, I've always assumed a jury must be unanimous in all trials. I've recently learned there are states where it doesn't have to be! When I get some time, I'm going to research that issue.

Every state has different laws, different modus operandi. For example, in Florida, only capital cases have 12 jurors. All other trials have 6 jurors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member