GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I don't know how this works in GA, but in the Cooper case, as I mentioned above, the sister of the deceased mother, and her parents sued the father for custody. He was eventually arrested and later convicted of the murder of his wife, the mother of the children, but he was not arrested at the time of the custody suit. The sister and maternal grandparents, who were Canadian citizens, won full custody. And they still have custody and his parents (the paternal grandparents), also Canadians, have visitation rights.
Hi born. I'm not defending Cooper, but he did at least testify in the custody case KNOWING it would all be used against him in the criminal trial. He did it anyway.
In AS's case, she asked a judge to delay all the civil trials until the criminal trial was over. It was granted.I don't know if that is a difference in states, or judges, or what is involved.
On my best days, when I am trying to give def attorneys the benefit of the doubt, I think using the custody case to put the defendant in a position of loosing their children, or loosing their criminal case is unfair.

I think that her asking to have civil cases held until after trial is appropriate considering she was going to be on trial for murder at that point.

The difference in a custody case would vary greatly based on someone being a convicted murderer or not, or found to be responsible in a wrongful death hearing I would bet.

I think that her asking to have civil cases held until after trial is appropriate considering she was going to be on trial for murder at that point.

The difference in a custody case would vary greatly based on someone being a convicted murderer or not, or found to be responsible in a wrongful death hearing I would bet.
I agree that it is unfair. BC was on trial for the murder of his wife as well. And asking defendants to choose between defending themselves, or keeping custody of their children is not a position anyone should be put in. In his case, it was a custody case, not a wrongful death case.

Thanks for the link, CP. I have been unable to find a tape of the entire press conference the def team gave. The states conference is all over, but none of the defense. Weird!

An appeal has to be based on procedural or judicial error, right? If the defense had a problem with the realtor's testimony, why wasn't that brought up BEFORE she testified?
And the tape? Pleeese. Listening to that tape would have hurt them more them more than help them IMO. The fact that she doesn't ask who would be deadly to their case.

....and it is NOT a scream.

Again, I don't know how this works in GA, but in the Cooper case, as I mentioned above, the sister of the deceased mother, and her parents sued the father for custody. He was eventually arrested and later convicted of the murder of his wife, the mother of the children, but he was not arrested at the time of the custody suit. The sister and maternal grandparents, who were Canadian citizens, won full custody. And they still have custody and his parents (the paternal grandparents), also Canadians, have visitation rights.
Sorry born. I missed your point. I didn't remember that BC had not been arrested yet at the time of the custody case. However, the questions they asked him were certainly geared towards the murder - he must have realized during the questioning that at least some were contemplating charging him?

Okay.. So Now I see how you guys are getting there. She did not ask Who.

I would like to hear the interview in its entirety.

I just am trying to put this together piece by piece.
I would like to hear the entire tape. too. And I don't remember how much of it they played during the HN trial. I'm really shocked that his trial in it's entirety is nowhere to be found. I guess we're just spoiled . But for the amount of publicity his trial received, all I can find are small snippets.
I just read the other night, the early life of HN, and I had forgotten ALL of that. His father was a Holocaust survivor, and had survivor's guilt. Hemy was sent to Israel for his early schooling. I can't remember if they gave his age, but I got the impression it was a fairly young age when he was sent away. Perhaps as early as elementary school.

11Alive had a link to someone who claimed to have the closing arguments of HM's trial, but it went nowhere. Knowing James as we do now, I'd love to go back and hear his closing arguments in the Neuman trial. I don't know why I wasn't flabbergasted by his performance then as I am now. He is a man going places.

I have really appreciated all the POV that I have read here. I found AS very unlikeable during the HN trial and her trial. I tried not to let that influence me as to her guilt or innocence, but frankly it was hard. I am an emotional thinker before an analytical one. I found her bereft of emotion when talking about her husband and it subsequently caused me to think she may have had more to do with her husband's murder than I originally thought.

"Who does that?" was a common question in my head when I listened to her testimony and read about her actions. I realized I was judging her based on my own barometer of what is right and wrong. I just could not imagine her as a mom being a warm fuzzy to her own children and a safe place for them to fall. Children learn how to treat others based on how they are treated and after watching her parents in court, I worry for these children. My obvious bias is there. I really hope that the Sneiderman Family can be more involved with these 2 children and the animosity between the 2 families can be set aside. For some reason, I don't see that happening as long as the wrongful death suit is on the table. JMV

I would like to hear the entire tape. too. And I don't remember how much of it they played during the HN trial. I'm really shocked that his trial in it's entirety is nowhere to be found. I guess we're just spoiled . But for the amount of publicity his trial received, all I can find are small snippets.
I just read the other night, the early life of HN, and I had forgotten ALL of that. His father was a Holocaust survivor, and had survivor's guilt. Hemy was sent to Israel for his early schooling. I can't remember if they gave his age, but I got the impression it was a fairly young age when he was sent away. Perhaps as early as elementary school.

11Alive had a link to someone who claimed to have the closing arguments of HM's trial, but it went nowhere. Knowing James as we do now, I'd love to go back and hear his closing arguments in the Neuman trial. I don't know why I wasn't flabbergasted by his performance then as I am now. He is a man going places.

I do believe that HN is disturbed and am not surprised to find things in his past that could have affected him.

I think that having the whole tape in full context is important and I can not imagine why the defense did not request it. I have issues with snippets of things.

I guess I will just have to be continued to be irked about not having the whole tape.. ;)

I am sure it won't be the last time I am irked in a case.. :p

This is something I just found, and not may pertain to this trial, so delete if not appropriate, mods.
For anyone thinking HN has this delusional behavior regarding AS, I just found this:

[video=youtube;bXaKO9knoJM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXaKO9knoJM[/video]

As testifies that HN is "extremely normal", never acted "illogical or irrational", and never made her think "the defendant ever departed from reality".
Juxtapose this testimony with her outburst after finding out HN had been arrested. "HE's crazy!! He probably told you that I loved him" (paraphrased)

Is that not illogical or irrational for HN to say they were in love with one another (in AS's view)?

OH, I forgot - he was a stalker, too!! That's "rational".

This is something I just found, and not may pertain to this trial, so delete if not appropriate, mods.
For anyone thinking HN has this delusional behavior regarding AS, I just found this:

Snippets of the Hemy Neuman Trial - Andrea Sneiderman's testimony - YouTube

As testifies that HN is "extremely normal", never acted "illogical or irrational", and never made her think "the defendant ever departed from reality".
Juxtapose this testimony with her outburst after finding out HN had been arrested. "HE's crazy!! He probably told you that I loved him" (paraphrased)

Is that not illogical or irrational for HN to say they were in love with one another (in AS's view)?

Here's the thing, and I may be wrong, but it's my understanding that Hemy was convicted of being mentally ill because he believed he had a relationship with Andrea. However, we have now come to learn that there was a little something between and that they probably had an affair. So, it wasn't in Hemy's mind, it really happened. He's probably crazy, normal people don't kill other people. But I don't think he's delusional or insane.

Also, that outburst from Andrea, about how Hemy probably told the police she loved him sounds like a preemptive strike. Playing damage control before she even knew what he's said. Paint him as an obsessed freak from the get go so that anything he says (anything that couldn point to her involvement) is thrown out the window. It's like in the movies: "Did he say anything about me? Did he I tell you I did it? Because he's crazy right, you know that?"

Oooooh, just found part of James's closing argument in the HN trial!!

[video=youtube;Xb3oaFuZqrs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb3oaFuZqrs[/video]

Here's the thing, and I may be wrong, but it's my understanding that Hemy was convicted of being mentally ill because he believed he had a relationship with Andrea. However, we have now come to learn that there was a little something between and that they probably had an affair. So, it wasn't in Hemy's mind, it really happened. He's probably crazy, normal people don't kill other people. But I don't think he's delusional or insane.

Also, that outburst from Andrea, about how Hemy probably told the police she loved him sounds like a preemptive strike. Playing damage control before she even knew what he's said. Paint him as an obsessed freak from the get go so that anything he says (anything that couldn point to her involvement) is thrown out the window. It's like in the movies: "Did he say anything about me? Did he I tell you I did it? Because he's crazy right, you know that?"
Exactly my thoughts, MeeBee.

I agree that it is unfair. BC was on trial for the murder of his wife as well. And asking defendants to choose between defending themselves, or keeping custody of their children is not a position anyone should be put in. In his case, it was a custody case, not a wrongful death case.

Hi JJ,

Just a point of clarification in the Cooper case: the custody case was a civil action which started as an emergency temporary filing to remove the 2 little girls after their mother's body was found because Cooper had previously exhibited some disturbing behavior (incl prior threat(s) of suicide). The emergency order was for 7 days. At the end of the 7 days Cooper willingly/voluntarily allowed the kids to stay with his inlaws and sis-in-law for the next 3 months and that agreement occurred outside of any courtroom or judicial decision. That agreement was reached by both parties. At the end of that 3 months time, for which Cooper sat for a 6+ hr deposition, a temporary custody hearing occurred and the judge didn't make any decision for another week or so. Her decision was that the kids should continue to live with the in-laws. Ten days after the custody hearing Cooper was arrested for his wife's murder... and the rest is history...he was eventually convicted of 1st degree murder.

Oooooh, just found part of James's closing argument in the HN trial!!

The Hemy Neuman trial in short - YouTube

Thank you so much for posting this. I was struck by how much more "human" HN appeared vs. AS. And that really bugs me. When HN was described as having magical thinking, I totally agree. I think he was delusional in his thinking and AS fed into that, with or without knowing she was doing so. JMO

Hi JJ,

Just a point of clarification in the Cooper case: the custody case was a civil action which started as an emergency temporary filing to remove the 2 little girls after their mother's body was found because Cooper had previously exhibited some disturbing behavior (incl prior threat(s) of suicide). The emergency order was for 7 days. At the end of the 7 days Cooper willingly/voluntarily allowed the kids to stay with his inlaws and sis-in-law for the next 3 months and that agreement occurred outside of any courtroom or judicial decision. That agreement was reached by both parties. At the end of that 3 months time, for which Cooper sat for a 6+ hr deposition, a temporary custody hearing occurred and the judge didn't make any decision for another week or so. Her decision was that the kids should continue to live with the in-laws. Ten days after the custody hearing Cooper was arrested for his wife's murder... and the rest is history...he was eventually convicted of 1st degree murder.
I really shouldn't voice many opinions about that case. I didn't watch it while it was on - only watched it on the tapes after, so I didn't have the benefit of the discussions that went on, though I did skim through them after.
I think this went on with a lot of the man killing wife murders at that time though, didn't it? Not exactly as in the Cooper case, but related. That the (later to be convicted) murders were asked to testify in child custody cases jeopardizing their criminal trials?
If that IS the case, I don't think that is morally right, though it may be legally kosher.

PS Have you kept track of BC's appeal at all? Last I heard we were still waiting for a decision.

Thank you so much for posting this. I was struck by how much more "human" HN appeared vs. AS. And that really bugs me. When HN was described as having magical thinking, I totally agree. I think he was delusional in his thinking and AS fed into that, with or without knowing she was doing so. JMO

Yes but isn't there still the whole thing about dellusions he was having? Olivia newton john or whatever? I only remember snippets of that.

I believe if she really had something to do with RS death, he would say so. So far that is just gut but while he may have had some kind of relationship with her, there are other things that lend him to being mentally ill.. Don't ya think?

If AS ever gets charged with ..well, I don't know what they would call it. Accessory after the fact? accomplice? Whatever it is, your last line, "AS fed into that, with or without knowing she was doing so" will be the million dollar question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024