GA - Secoriea Turner, 8, fatally shot, Atlanta, 4 July 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

shotgun09

'Certified' Boomer
Reaction score
Whoa Sassygerl, your on fire. I like many, get how you feel. Seems like many in Atlanta aren't interested in justice like the mayor and the DA. They are hoping that appeasing a handful will keep the city calm. We can already see the armed protesters aren't satisfied yet.

A sad update on the armed protesters in Atlanta. This incident took place yesterday, across the street from the Wendy's, where the Rayshard Brooks shooting happened.

UPDATE: $10,000 reward offered for information in shooting death of 8-year-old girl - Atlanta INtown Paper

"Police are looking for two suspects who fired shots into the car just before 10 p.m. on July 4 after the family was trying to drive around illegally placed barricades set up by protesters at the intersection of University Avenue and Pryor Road. They were confronted by a group of males with guns, who shot into the car.

Descriptions of the two shooters are vague, but both were black males. One was dressed all in black in the style of a “bounty hunter,” while the other was wearing a white t-shirt.

Anyone with information should call (404) 577-8477.

Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms urged anyone with information to contact the police department. She also said the Wendy’s would be cleared of protesters occupying the site, barricades, and debris. Bottoms said the city had been negotiating with protesters about use of the Wendy’s site.

“An 8-year-old baby has been killed, so the discussions have ended,” she said. "

So so sad

A sad update on the armed protesters in Atlanta. This incident took place yesterday, across the street from the Wendy's, where the Rayshard Brooks shooting happened.

UPDATE: $10,000 reward offered for information in shooting death of 8-year-old girl - Atlanta INtown Paper

"Police are looking for two suspects who fired shots into the car just before 10 p.m. on July 4 after the family was trying to drive around illegally placed barricades set up by protesters at the intersection of University Avenue and Pryor Road. They were confronted by a group of males with guns, who shot into the car.

Descriptions of the two shooters are vague, but both were black males. One was dressed all in black in the style of a “bounty hunter,” while the other was wearing a white t-shirt.

Anyone with information should call (404) 577-8477.

Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms urged anyone with information to contact the police department. She also said the Wendy’s would be cleared of protesters occupying the site, barricades, and debris. Bottoms said the city had been negotiating with protesters about use of the Wendy’s site.

“An 8-year-old baby has been killed, so the discussions have ended,” she said. "

So so sad
Your kidding me !!! The city was negotiating with protesters about the use of the Wendy's site ? Had they cleared the site a while ago, this sweet little girl would probably be alive. This kind of senseless killing of young innocent and defenseless children goes on routinely in Chicago and other cities too. It's heartbreaking. There'll be a lot less black lives to matter if this doesn't stop.

I hope his fellow law officers are taking turns protecting him while he is hidden. Although he cannot have a gun obviously they can and I pray he and his family are safe. I also wish they would shut down Wendy’s and the surrounding areas because if an 8 year old has already been shot wth is next? IMO

I hope his fellow law officers are taking turns protecting him while he is hidden. Although he cannot have a gun obviously they can and I pray he and his family are safe. I also wish they would shut down Wendy’s and the surrounding areas because if an 8 year old has already been shot wth is next? IMO
What is Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms position on allowing protesters to be armed ? Maybe she should go down there herself and negotate with them to turn in their weapons. The lawlessness that is allowed in this country is mind boggling.

I was just watching a video of the Mayors press conference regarding this poor child's death. Mayor was scolding the community in general, saying " enough is enough". Really..

From 11alive

ETA: added link

Last edited:
Your kidding me !!! The city was negotiating with protesters about the use of the Wendy's site ? Had they cleared the site a while ago, this sweet little girl would probably be alive. This kind of senseless killing of young innocent and defenseless children goes on routinely in Chicago and other cities too. It's heartbreaking. There'll be a lot less black lives to matter if this doesn't stop.
It's not that easy to clear the site.
Cops can't trespass you. The owner/manager of the property has to ask the cops to. A cop can't ask the owner/manager if they want someone trespassed. The exception to that would be if the property is posted with signs. Some cities have an ordinance that will allow property owners/managers to sign a contract with the PD in advance that allows cops to trespass someone without the owner/manager's consent, because that gives consent in advance. I'm not sure of Atlanta has one or not.
The ironic thing is, I'm surprised the manager hasn't acted sooner. All it will take is for one protester to get hurt on that property and the protester can sue, and with that burned out building being there, if someone gets hurt inside,(unless it's boarded up) the owner/manager can be found negligent, because he/she knows a hazard exists.

I was just watching a video of the Mayors press conference regarding this poor child's death. Mayor was scolding the community in general, saying " enough is enough". Really..

From 11alive

ETA: added link
I found it interesting that the mayor made it clear that while it was her decision to fire the officers, she had no part in deciding to charge the officers. That decision was made by Paul Howard. And she advised people who didn't like the decision to make it known at the polls.

It's not that easy to clear the site.
Cops can't trespass you. The owner/manager of the property has to ask the cops to. A cop can't ask the owner/manager if they want someone trespassed. The exception to that would be if the property is posted with signs. Some cities have an ordinance that will allow property owners/managers to sign a contract with the PD in advance that allows cops to trespass someone without the owner/manager's consent, because that gives consent in advance. I'm not sure of Atlanta has one or not.
The ironic thing is, I'm surprised the manager hasn't acted sooner. All it will take is for one protester to get hurt on that property and the protester can sue, and with that burned out building being there, if someone gets hurt inside,(unless it's boarded up) the owner/manager can be found negligent, because he/she knows a hazard exists.
But the Fire Chief stated at the PC that the site was hazardous and in his opinion, no one should be there.
Shouldn't that be enough to require the site be cleared?

But the Fire Chief stated at the PC that the site was hazardous and in his opinion, no one should be there.

I believe that the immediate area surrounding the burned out Wendy's is also under protester control. Similar ( in a much smaller scale ) to the protest area that was recently dismantled in Seattle. This Atlanta area is a large intersection just off the Interstate, and had the Wendy's, a liquor store and two gas stations nearby. All entrances were under the control of the "protesters", and average citizens have been threatened and chased by the same group if they had dared to cross over. It has been a "no go zone" for the police as well.

I believe that the immediate area surrounding the burned out Wendy's is also under protester control. Similar ( in a much smaller scale ) to the protest area that was recently dismantled in Seattle. This Atlanta area is a large intersection just off the Interstate, and had the Wendy's, a liquor store and two gas stations nearby. All entrances were under the control of the "protesters", and average citizens have been threatened and chased by the same group if they had dared to cross over. It has been a "no go zone" for the police as well.
It was under protester control but the council member said mistrust had developed and the protesters have stopped talking to them. The mayor said in the PC that discussions and mediation are over and she wants them out of there.

This poor little girl and her family! I hope that the Police can apprehend the losers who took an innocent life. The city of Atlanta should pay for a gold coffin for this child, and then I hope the family hires a damn good attorney. The city neglected the safety of it's people, and a little girl lost her life!

IMO, the city can go after the land owner/leasee, and put the pressure on them, but unless I am missing something, according to the statute, no.

2010 Georgia Code :: TITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES :: CHAPTER 7 - DAMAGE TO AND INTRUSION UPON PROPERTY :: ARTICLE 2 - CRIMINAL TRESPASS AND DAMAGE TO PROPERTY :: PART 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS :: § 16-7-21 - Criminal trespass

When you say "surrounding areas" do you mean shut down other businesses?

Someone else was killed there tonight. 3 people shot. IMO comments like this do not help the situation.

“The mayor spoke of the sad irony of the crime, where it happened and the fact that Brooks had said he was going home to his daughter's eighth birthday.”

Rayshard Brooks was killed because he broke the law and attacked 2 police officers. This 8 year old baby didn’t do anything.

The site had been cleared but the protestors returned. IMO Paul Howard needs to be held accountable. His dog and pony show with a false narrative painted a picture that didn’t exist and innocent people are suffering. I am sorry but I am so angry! Atlanta is my home and people are putting the good of the community and innocent people at risk for political gain. I had to step away from this thread for a while because it makes me so angry. Unfortunately I think it will only get worse.

Police investigate deadly triple near southwest Atlanta Wendy's

What is Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms position on allowing protesters to be armed ? Maybe she should go down there herself and negotate with them to turn in their weapons. The lawlessness that is allowed in this country is mind boggling.
It amazes me that this mayor is talking out both sides of her mouth.
She is giving us history lessons, yet she doesn't understand why we have law enforcement and the history behind it. Her ignorance, and other "officials" are costing people their lives.
Our legislators make the laws. The people vote for our legislators. The reason police have special privileges, like qualified immunity, and can park in no parking zones during an emergency for example is because the majority of the people want cops to protect their communities, and we the people give those special privileges to them.
Ever see how many cops get involved when another cop gets shot? Unlike the average person, there may be hundreds trying to track the shooter down, and to deter people from shooting cops, the punishment is more severe.
It's a shame that this mayor and others are too blind to see that. She can't see her hand in front of her face . De-fund the Police? BS. Any reasonable person predicted this type of behavior happening eventually a month ago. This is all on her. She allowed this to happen. Now she's trying to play it down by saying for the most part things have been peaceful and there were a few small "flair up's." Is this just another small "flair up"? If what she claimed was true, and there were plenty of police on duty at the time, then why weren't there any at the location where the most trouble is at the time of the shooting?
Vacate the Wendy's and then what? Let them move to another location?
All these "officials" are now backed into the corner. They all say they want to de-fund the police. There's no way less police will deter this. We need more cops, not less, and they know this. They just can't admit it now. It's to late. They are playing the fool now for the whole country to see.

Last edited:
It amazes me that this mayor is talking out both sides of her mouth.
She is giving us history lessons, yet she doesn't understand why we have law enforcement and the history behind it. Her ignorance, and other "officials" are costing people their lives.
Our legislators make the laws. The people vote for our legislators. The reason police have special privileges, like qualified immunity, and can park in no parking zones during an emergency for example is because the majority of the people want cops to protect their communities, and we the people give those special privileges to them.
Ever see how many cops get involved when another cop gets shot? Unlike the average person, there many be hundreds trying to track the shooter down, and to deter people from shooting cops, the punishment is more severe.
It's a shame that this mayor and others are too blind to see that. She can't see her hand in front of her face . De-fund the Police? BS. Any reasonable person predicted this type of behavior happening eventually a month ago. This is all on her. She allowed this to happen. Now she's trying to play it down by saying for the most part things have been peaceful and there were a few small "flair up's." Is this just another small "flair up"? If what she claimed was true, and there were plenty of police on duty at the time, then why weren't there any at the location where the most trouble is at the time of the shooting?
Vacate the Wendy's and then what? Let them move to another location?
All these "officials" are now backed into the corner. They all say they want to de-fund the police. There's no way less police will deter this. We need more cops, not less, and they know this. They just can't admit it now. It's to late. They are playing the fool now for the whole country to see.

THIS!!! Thank you!

Can't they fence it? Even just the restaurant property, can't the company erect construction fence barriers?
Sure, the property owners can fence it, but they don't have to spend the money to do that, especially if they plan on building another building. All they have to do it post "No Trespassing" signs, and the police can arrest anyone that does so.
Without the signs, (or fence) even if the owner/manager asks the police too trespass someone, they have to tell whoever it is to leave first. It's only if they don't leave right away, they can be arrested or cited.
In certain circumstances they have to allow you a reasonable time in which to leave. For example, if you are fired from your job, you have to be allowed enough time to clear out your desk etc.

Edit:
Just to add. I am not sure about Atlanta, but some cities require a temporary fence while doing construction, (NYC being one) so it may be in their best interests to invest in fencing, if that's the case.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997
Back