France, Paris - "Lola", 12, Missing after school, Body bound in suitcase, Numbers 1 & 0 put on corpse with 'device', Oct. 2022 *Female suspect arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why is this Dhabia person referred to as "he/his" in some posts?

Have I missed something?

Or is it online translation from French?
I've seen that as well and chalked it up to either the translator (likely a tool and not a person) or bad news journaling. I see skewed facts ever so often but it feels like that's because they aren't following cases as in depth as Websleuthers do, so get mixed up from time to time.

Was the 2019 medical office video shown at the link? (If so, I missed it.) I'm surprised the medical office didn't attempt to file additional charges on behalf of the injured secretary... or assist her in filing more than the "handrail". But, that's just my opinion here in the US (and I don't know how things of this nature are generally handled in France).
It’s become so common in some neighbourhoods. My daughter who lives in Paris doesn’t go out anymore. My son dreams of coming back to live in Aquitaine .

The medical secretary was accused of taking the assailant’s bag. So after that it was very difficult for them. Imagine their situation? In France it’s really hard for the victims. You can’t imagine .

Ahhh... I see. Understandable now. Thank you for explaining!

Last edited:
Why is this Dahbia B. person referred to as "he/his" in some posts?

Have I missed something?

Or is it online translation from French?
In one instance Meurtre de Lola : l’un des hommes placés en garde à vue sera bientôt renvoyé en Algérie it's a translation problem that a person would not have done, must have been a machine / program. In French the word for 'his' and 'her' as adjectival pronouns is the same: son, sa or ses depending on the grammatical gender of the word being described or whether plural. In the case I saw upthread it was ses amis which could be "his friends" or "her friends", something a translation machine can't figure out even if later on in the text, as in the case, it's clear that Dahbia B. is female.

It's rather jarring reading 'his' in the text though.

I wanted to see if there's been any progress on this case. Not much apparently. As far as I understand in the below article from 12 Oct. 2023 the suspect remains in a psychiatric hospital.
It would be good to understand the final sentence in the article: "Pour l’heure, cette hospitalisation ne remet pas en cause sa responsabilité pénale." I don't have time to figure it out right now, maybe somebody else can?

"Elle a détruit une famille" : un an après la mort de Lola, son père s'exprime pour la première fois

MOO

I wanted to see if there's been any progress on this case. Not much apparently. As far as I understand in the below article from 12 Oct. 2023 the suspect remains in a psychiatric hospital.
It would be good to understand the final sentence in the article: "Pour l’heure, cette hospitalisation ne remet pas en cause sa responsabilité pénale." I don't have time to figure it out right now, maybe somebody else can?

"Elle a détruit une famille" : un an après la mort de Lola, son père s'exprime pour la première fois

MOO
Google translate says: For the moment, this hospitalisation does not call into question his criminal liability.

And for what it's worth, my mum, who did French for her HSC in about 1970, says that's a pretty accurate translation.

MOO

Google translate says: For the moment, this hospitalisation does not call into question his criminal liability.

And for what it's worth, my mum, who did French for her HSC in about 1970, says that's a pretty accurate translation.

MOO
Thanks iamshadow! On reading it, I couldn't figure out if it meant that or the exact opposite! My French used to be far better... The only correction is: 'her criminal liability' since the suspect is a woman.

I've seen that as well and chalked it up to either the translator (likely a tool and not a person) or bad news journaling. I see skewed facts ever so often but it feels like that's because they aren't following cases as in depth as Websleuthers do, so get mixed up from time to time.

The same him-her confusion took place in Spanish regarding a case I was following in Mexico. I think it’s a translation tool bug. We finally got used to it and knew it referred to the female victim.

Still checking for updates...

In the English wikipedia article there's information I haven't previously read on what the female-on-female rape involved. iirc there were questions further up-thread on what exactly that could be. Killing of Lola Daviet - Wikipedia
According to the same article, the suspect is in Fresnes Prison, where there is a penitentiary hospital. Maybe the psychiatric hospital mentioned in my quoted post above?

MOO

RIP Lola

Still checking for updates...

In the English wikipedia article there's information I haven't previously read on what the female-on-female rape involved. iirc there were questions further up-thread on what exactly that could be. Killing of Lola Daviet - Wikipedia
According to the same article, the suspect is in Fresnes Prison, where there is a penitentiary hospital. Maybe the psychiatric hospital mentioned in my quoted post above?

MOO

RIP Lola
I don't think I knew about that either. Awful.

Two psychiatric evaluations have showed that DB doesn't suffer from any psychiatric illness, but that she has a personality disorder, characterised by among other things a lack of empathy. There is a trial planned to the end of 2024.
Article from March 2024.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back