Found Deceased GA - Seth Stephen Evans, 27, Athens, last seen at store, 29 March 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what the context of the text were that SE sent his gf just prior to visiting the home improvement store. Anything in retrospect that seemed off? Or just normal "how was your day" type conversation? Was there any "confirmed" communication with anyone after the store...I only ask because the gf indicated "He has been missing without contact to anyone since 12AM."

He (SE) had not shown up for work that day, not even calling in sick or asking his boss for the day off, so it feels whatever happened was planned and not a random / spur of the moment act. If the concrete purchase is related to his disappearance, why wait until night? Was it the last piece to his plan?

Police: Missing 27-year-old Athens man last seen at home improvement store

The Athens-Clarke County Police Department shared a photo of 27-year-old Seth Stephen Evans taken by a security camera at Lowe's shortly before 9:15 p.m. Tuesday. That was the last time anyone reported seeing Evans.

On Wednesday, the Athens-Clarke County Police Department says they responded to a missing persons call at a home on the 600 block of University Circle. There, a woman told them that she last received a text message from Evans the night before.

That same day, Evans; employer told officials that he did not show up for work.

Seth-Stephen-Evans.jpg

Seth Stephen Evans (Athens-Clarke County Police Department)

If you have any information about where Evans could be, please call the ACCPD at 762-400-7389.
A couple thoughts on the last surveillance image. He looks sad and grim in the video still, of course that could just be an uncomfortable face from holding a 60lb bag of concrete.

On the subject of the 60lb bag of concrete, I think most of us would use a cart to take it to our vehicle, but he appears to be carrying it in his hands. To me this suggests that he's in a hurry or perhaps trying to rush to make sure he won't back out of a certain plan.

The above, coupled with the fact that he missed work, make me think that this will be a case of self-harm.

From that article:

"Another 29-year-old female friend of Evans told police that less than four hours after that message was sent to the girlfriend, she went by Evans' home about 12:30 a.m. and Evans’ green Ford Excursion was parked at the house. Police declined to say why she traveled to his home".

Wonder why she went by his house about 12:30 a.m.? Was she concerned about something?

From that article:

"Another 29-year-old female friend of Evans told police that less than four hours after that message was sent to the girlfriend, she went by Evans' home about 12:30 a.m. and Evans’ green Ford Excursion was parked at the house. Police declined to say why she traveled to his home".

Wonder why she went by his house about 12:30 a.m.? Was she concerned about something?
JMO from previous cases like this. I don't think we are privy to all the details and likely won't be. My thoughts are with all who love Seth.

Still no trace of Athens man reported missing more than a week ago

What is known about the case is:
•that on March 29 — the day before he was reported missing — he went to a Lowe’s store and shortly after 9 p.m. purchased a 60-pound bag of concrete mix.
•he also left a message for his girlfriend about 8:50 p.m., shortly before he purchased the concrete mix.
•Another 29-year-old female friend of Evans told police that less than four hours after that message was sent to the girlfriend, she went by Evans' home about 12:30 a.m. and Evans’ green Ford Excursion was parked at the house.
•When an officer arrived at Evans' home on March 30, he met with some of Evans' friends, along with his roommate and two employees from Barron’s Rental, where Evans was employed.
•His house is located on the far side of the subdivision that borders the North Oconee River.
•Due to the possibility he went into the nearby forest, police organized a search and went as far as Whitehall Road.
•A DNR helicopter was used to search the area, and Evans’ family and friends have also been in the forest searching,

…….

Police have not determined why Evans purchased the concrete mix.
There’s footage of him getting the bag, loading it in his vehicle and have not been able to find where it is at — or any trace of the concrete inside the vehicle.

Still no trace of Athens man reported missing more than a week ago

•When an officer arrived at Evans' home on March 30, he met with some of Evans' friends, along with his roommate...
I wonder if the roommate was home on the night SE returned from the home improvement store. If so, it seems as though he/she might be able to shed more light on his state of mind, did they see / hear him leave the house again and what time, anything out of pattern or unusual about his behavior, etc.

Last edited:
Ohhh that's so sad - I can't imagine. From that article:

"Police had security-camera footage of him purchasing a 60-pound bag of concrete mix at a Lowe’s store prior to his disappearance.

The concrete was found inside a backpack that Evans was wearing when his body was recovered, according to police".

Looks like @azure had it pegged upthread. RIP Seth.
It’s so sad. So many suicides in the past couple of years. And while many are people who’ve previously exhibited mental health issues, many are also
‘Out of the blue’ lately. I hope Seth can Rest In Peace.

Search ends for Bartow native Seth Evans

Additional link that I came across…

About 1 p.m., the body was located by a firefighter submerged off the bank of the river. The SC DNR dive team made the recovery. During their dive, a shotgun was recovered near the victim in the river.

A memorial service honoring Evans' life is planned for Wednesday, April 20, at 10 a.m. at Cross Creek Community Church in Louisville.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe
Back