Found Deceased GA - Shanequa Sullivan, 23, autistic, Atlanta, 4 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh no! Poor baby, no matter who it is!

Oh how awful. Who would do this to this sweet young woman? I feel so much for her grandmother.

What sort of cowardly, disgusting person preys on a vulnerable young woman like this? Her grandmother must be totally devastated. I really hope that this case is pursued vigorously to put whoever did this away for good.

Presumably this is someone who had a known connection to Shanequa if they removed her hands? And putting her in water to destroy dna evidence of a physical assault? Maybe someone around the airport who got to know her and targeted her?

So sad to read this in the local news today. No way she got to this area without a ride. But suspicious that she isn’t on video at the airport after her MARTA card didn’t work.
Rest In Peace.

Dang. I hope they catch this guy. He probably has scratches on his face and neck area.

Wow. R.i.p.

What sort of cowardly, disgusting person preys on a vulnerable young woman like this? Her grandmother must be totally devastated. I really hope that this case is pursued vigorously to put whoever did this away for good.

Presumably this is someone who had a known connection to Shanequa if they removed her hands? And putting her in water to destroy dna evidence of a physical assault? Maybe someone around the airport who got to know her and targeted her?
They removed her hands? Do you have a link? I hadn't read that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They removed her hands? Do you have a link? I hadn't read that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is from the witness that found her:
Campbell said he had been downriver to the Ga. Highway 212 bridge and was on his way back when he spotted what he initially thought was a dog or deer in the water. On closer inspection, Campbell said he saw the victim’s foot and then recognized it as a human body. Campbell said it appeared the victim’s hands were missing.
http://www.rockdalenewtoncitizen.co...cle_b207f35b-86ca-5fed-9700-d95eea806133.html

However we have not had that detail confirmed by LE yet as far as I have seen. Originally this article said her HEAD AND HANDS appeared missing then they revised it to only say her hands were missing. The witness may have only thought it looked like that by how she was floating. He could not tell if it was a male or female, which makes me think she was floating face down. JMO.

Just saw another news report via facebook-

http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...ther-grieves-after-a-tragic-call/85-527321060

RIP Shanequa 鹿

This gets worse, the above article says that Shanequa's own mother was murdered in 2006 when Shanequa was just 11 years old. So the grandmother Celeste Seabrum had already gone through losing her daughter or daughter-in-law before this. It seems offhand to have just informed Mrs Seabrum over the phone that Shanequa had been found deceased in the river, wouldn't police visit under those circumstances?

Not a lot of clear information out there at the moment. I know that if a body has been deceased for a while the extremities and head can begin to detach by themselves. Perhaps that is the case here. Hopefully the autopsy will be able to tell how long Shanequa had been in the water and cause of death. I think an accident here is pretty unlikely so far from the airport? Foul play looks much more likely.

It would be interesting to know just what was done and how quickly to try and find Shanequa, as an extra vulnerable young woman on her own in those important first few days. And why, as the grandmother says was she not caught on CCTV again around the area, was it all checked? It seems like Shanequa had a significant learning disability as well as autism, people who know her well will probably know what actions she might have taken when her card didn't work. Probably go back and find someone she knows and ask for help? Or might she have unsuspectingly asked a stranger for help?

I worked a lot with people with learning disabilities when I was younger and when setting up and teaching a travel routine or any other routine the difficulty is is how safe/predictable is a person when that routine breaks down and something unexpected happens. That's much harder to teach and cover every eventuality. And sizing up people as to who to ask for help and who not to ask, very difficult and harder to practise and remember. I wonder if Shanequa had a phone with her.

My heart is breaking for her Grandmother! She lost a daughter too violence and now her granddaughter!

This gets worse, the above article says that Shanequa's own mother was murdered in 2006 when Shanequa was just 11 years old. So the grandmother Celeste Seabrum had already gone through losing her daughter or daughter-in-law before this. It seems offhand to have just informed Mrs Seabrum over the phone that Shanequa had been found deceased in the river, wouldn't police visit under those circumstances?

Not a lot of clear information out there at the moment. I know that if a body has been deceased for a while the extremities and head can begin to detach by themselves. Perhaps that is the case here. Hopefully the autopsy will be able to tell how long Shanequa had been in the water and cause of death. I think an accident here is pretty unlikely so far from the airport? Foul play looks much more likely.

It would be interesting to know just what was done and how quickly to try and find Shanequa, as an extra vulnerable young woman on her own in those important first few days. And why, as the grandmother says was she not caught on CCTV again around the area, was it all checked? It seems like Shanequa had a significant learning disability as well as autism, people who know her well will probably know what actions she might have taken when her card didn't work. Probably go back and find someone she knows and ask for help? Or might she have unsuspectingly asked a stranger for help?

I worked a lot with people with learning disabilities when I was younger and when setting up and teaching a travel routine or any other routine the difficulty is is how safe/predictable is a person when that routine breaks down and something unexpected happens. That's much harder to teach and cover every eventuality. And sizing up people as to who to ask for help and who not to ask, very difficult and harder to practise and remember. I wonder if Shanequa had a phone with her.
I agree with all..

Bless you, RosalindaA for working with those with learning disabilities. My oldest son, 28 has adhd and possible aspergers. His dad and I will forever be thankful to the Tommy Nobis Center in Ga. They trained him and helped him secure a good job. He is now an independent adult!

It seems offhand to have just informed Mrs Seabrum over the phone that Shanequa had been found deceased in the river, wouldn't police visit under those circumstances?

You'd hope so, but at the same time the media (incl social media) seem so desperate to be first these days it may be that LE thought it was better to phone and break the news than risk Celeste finding out from some reporter or Facebook. I guess I'm getting old but respect for people's feelings and dignity seems to have been trampled in the rush to get viewers.

Poor Shanequa. I wonder if she had decided she had to walk home, or if she was trusting enough that someone was able to lure her. She's so tiny I can't imagine she would have been able to put up much of a fight.

A little more information from Shanequa's family here https://www.myajc.com/blog/talk-tow...river-fears-foul-play/ou5u5ErpIgezwYCja9F73N/

Very sad article about how Shanequa's family is feeling, they were advised not to view her body as it seems it had been in the water for some time (possibly as long as 30 days). The coroner says that the cause of death is still being investigated but there's no more info on this as yet, and Shanequa has already been cremated and her ashes returned to her family. I can understand how some of the family are finding it difficult to accept that she is gone. No personal effects of hers seem to have been returned, hopefully if there are any they are being kept for evidence.

The family believe that Shanequa would have returned to the airport for help when her transport card wouldn't work. They also say she had experienced some bullying at work, I really hope staff there are being closely questioned, someone must know something. Always possible I suppose that a stranger might have intercepted her and offered her a lift, but I think more likely to be someone who knew how vulnerable she was.

Really sad that her grandmother, Sylesta recalls how she questioned herself over the decision to let Shanequa use generic transport services, previously she had used a Marta mobility bus (special service for disabled people?). These sort of dilemmas come up constantly for families with members who have special needs. Shanequa should have been able to move about by herself, and she should have been given that extra bit of help from a colleague or a stranger when she needed it. It's not her family's fault, they were just trying to let her develop to her full potential. It's the fault of the lowlife that took advantage of her.

I wish at least LE would let the family know how they identified Shanequa so they can be certain that it is her. The family also say Shanequa was a big user of social media, so I'm assuming she must have had a phone. Hope police can track down some records on this even if the actual phone has not been recovered which seems likely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious38
Back