GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam Co, 2 May 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was thinking about this case last night. The perp(s) certainly felt comfortable hanging out at the home and not being seen. They presumably carried the 3 foot table lamp from the home to the garage for better lighting. (Don't know the distance). They may have killed Shirley when they entered the home after her husband was murdered (Collateral damage). Could be that the home had both enough distance between other homes, plus foliage and canopy to hide them. However, they were there for a time, so they must have known that no one was coming. They apparently felt comfortable going in and out of the home and garage in order to carry out the grisly murders. People of the Drummond's means usually have cleaning help and grounds maintenance people who would know habits and schedules. I wonder if there was an argument over payment or just shady workers, perhaps. A neighbor had heard talking at the Drummond home before the murders.
I just wish that Sill's wouldn't let his pride get in the way of justice for the Drummond's. We've been looking at properties in GA, the Carolinas and VA and are making sure to steer clear of the area the Drummond's were living, despite it's beauty.

Was thinking about this case last night. The perp(s) certainly felt comfortable hanging out at the home and not being seen. They presumably carried the 3 foot table lamp from the home to the garage for better lighting. (Don't know the distance). They may have killed Shirley when they entered the home after her husband was murdered (Collateral damage). Could be that the home had both enough distance between other homes, plus foliage and canopy to hide them. However, they were there for a time, so they must have known that no one was coming. They apparently felt comfortable going in and out of the home and garage in order to carry out the grisly murders. People of the Drummond's means usually have cleaning help and grounds maintenance people who would know habits and schedules. I wonder if there was an argument over payment or just shady workers, perhaps. A neighbor had heard talking at the Drummond home before the murders.
I just wish that Sill's wouldn't let his pride get in the way of justice for the Drummond's. We've been looking at properties in GA, the Carolinas and VA and are making sure to steer clear of the area the Drummond's were living, despite it's beauty.
Well that's why that is a very unusual type of killer, and you have to look at evidence in the surrounding areas, to see if there is a guy who matches that profile. And is there a criminal in the area, who is very comfortable hanging around in other people's houses. And he does this by observing them, he reads their email, he looks at their phones. And plus he also knows if somebody comes to the house, he can keep the door locked, or exit out the back if he needs to. Yeah that's a very unusual type killer and there's only very few of that type of personality around. And police need to be honest with themselves, about if they know of that type of profile, around. I'm not sure they're willing to do that though.

I think that it was reported that both the Friday and Saturday newspapers were untouched outside. Perhaps the killer(s) entered the house sometime Friday morning. It would be interesting to know what time the newspapers were delivered, and when the Dermonds normally took them in. The killer(s) spent some time doing what they did; they may have been in the house for several hours, and taking Shirley to her death would have also taken some time.
No, Friday newspaper was read. Officially the crime took place between Fri 4pm and Sat 4pm or so. All this has been discussed in the older comments. Same with the water routes and all. I think someone even took pictures and video from the lake.

My personal opinion is there is zero risk to the general public from this killer. This crime would not deter me from that area.

Just watched Nancy Grace’s video on this case and I either forgot or missed somehow that Russell was killed elsewhere and his body brought BACK to the garage for the beheading. So yeah this wasn’t a random killing or killing by a stranger. Perp(s) 100% knew the community, the layout, and felt comfortable there. They either lived there themselves or regularly spent time there either as friends/family of someone who lived in the community or as some type of maintenance worker. I’m thinking the latter, which I’m sure the police have explored as well. And would explain why it’s appeared to me that Sills does have a good idea of the perp(s)’s identity but hasn’t yet had the right evidence for an arrest.

Also wondering if perp(s) moved away, either out of state or country and that could also possibly account for this crime being unsolved for so many years

MOO

I wouldn't be surprised if the person who killed the Dermonds had a deep, festering anger and resentment towards Russell that he had held on to for many years. JMO

Nah. Everybody always wants to make it personal. But that's not always the case. This is a serial killer who scoped out this couple and learned everything about them, before he acted. He entered the house before through surreptitious means, like lock picking, and already knew the layout. He probably did the Katie Janness murder in Atlanta too. He's a guy that lives in this area and has been operating in a suspicious manner for years, but the police don't want to investigate him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back