GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think if someone else was missing from this address, law enforcement would announce it.

As for yard men, cleaning ladies, etc who come on a regular basis, I don't think it is difficult for them to enter any gated community.

I am sort of with Hollye...devil's advocate on this. Upscale elderly couple. Did they recently get some bad health news? A murder/suicide and the wife freaked out? OR have they checked the water? Why would they kill the old man and NOT the lady. Any signs of rape/sexual assault?

I wonder if there is anything of value missing from their home?
I wonder perhaps if something happened to Shirley First (off property), then whomever, came Back to kill her husband? (Maybe Russell knew who Shirley was with, if she was off the property??)
I wonder how many guests they had recently at their home?
I wonder if they employee people to take care of various things in and around their home?
I wonder what surveillance videos show?
IMOO.

I don't know how to post maps, but from the satellite view of the home in Eatonton, GA, it looks like it is a pretty heavily wooded area. The house is rather secluded even though it is in a gated community. It is right on the waterfront. Lake Oconee is large and spread out with a lot of interconnecting waterways. Even though the road into the community is gated, the property could easily be accessed via the water.

Another thought regarding security in this gated community. ANYONE could enter the property from lakeside. A boat could have been put on the lake at any public spot and driven down/up to this property.

Another thought regarding security in this gated community. ANYONE could enter the property from lakeside. A boat could have been put on the lake at any public spot and driven down/up to this property.

GMTA Hickory Born!

I don't know how to post maps, but from the satellite view of the home in Eatonton, GA, it looks like it is a pretty heavily wooded area. The house is rather secluded even though it is in a gated community. It is right on the waterfront. Lake Oconee is large and spread out with a lot of interconnecting waterways. Even if the road into the community is gated, the property could easily be accessed via the water.

This link shows a satellite view of their home and area.
http://www.homesnap.com/GA/Eatonton/147-Carolyn-Drive

It's sad that an upscale neighborhood such as theirs did not have working surveillance cameras.

So, nothing was taken (that we are aware of), car/keys/wallet all at the home, body was moved. Personal? Did either of these people volunteer/work belong to groups etc. Did either of them have any form of home care? This is so sad IMO

So, nothing was taken (that we are aware of), car/keys/wallet all at the home, body was moved. Personal? Did either of these people volunteer/work belong to groups etc. Did either of them have any form of home care? This is so sad IMO

Looks like Shirley played Bridge.
http://www.lakeoconeebreeze.net/local/x585428504/Eatonton-Duplicate-Bridge-results

http://www.msgr.com/news/community/article_1800b770-baa7-11e3-bfc6-001a4bcf887a.html
"Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:00 am"
This last link is recently, from March 18, 2014, it lists Shirley....
"EDBC meets each Tuesday and Thursday at 12:30 p.m. at The Plaza Arts Center, 305 N. Madison Ave., in downtown Eatonton."

It also lists Shirley's telephone number, to call her, if a person wants to know more about the club.

I am sort of with Hollye...devil's advocate on this. Upscale elderly couple. Did they recently get some bad health news? A murder/suicide and the wife freaked out? OR have they checked the water? Why would they kill the old man and NOT the lady. Any signs of rape/sexual assault?

:welcome5:

Welcome to Websleuths, KarmaDad!

The news article says nothing in the home was disturbed...no sign of anything happening. Struggle or assault.

The news article says nothing in the home was disturbed...no sign of anything happening. Struggle or assault.

Which article mentioned no assault?
In this link it mentions no sign of a struggle, but it doesn't mention the word assault.

"There is no sign of forced entry to Russell and Shirley Dermond’s home where friends found his body at about 10 a.m. Tuesday.

She was gone.

The cars are still there.

There is no sign of a struggle, either, inside the house in the Great Waters neighborhood on Lake Oconee.

Surveillance cameras in the community were not working, Sills said."

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/07/3085920/putnam-mans-death-wifes-disappearance.html#storylink=cpy

nothing taken that can be determined as yet..

a crime of "passion" rather than opportunity?? it almost sounds like one of those unexplained crimes someone close(a young relative perhaps) would commmit.

The article says nothing has been moved or removed that they can tell. The home is clean and immaculate. Robbery doesn't appear to be the motive. No wallets or cars taken.

What would be the motive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member