GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Mr. D's obit has been deleted or moved. Or is it just me. I can't access it.

http://marionso.com/missing-endangered-john-radabaugh-jr/

For anyone who has been following my posts, here is another missing person case, unsolved in FL.

I posted yesterday about an elderly German woman who disappeared without a trace in Leesburg. It struck me as important because she lives so close to The Villages, an area similar to Reynolds Plantation where the Dermonds lived.

Although this is a 48 year old man, he is mentally challenged and does appear older than his biological age. He too, disappeared without a trace.

When I map the two towns where these people have gone missing, they are 18 miles apart, in a straight line down one major road, with The Villages smack dab in the middle.

IMO, there is a serial killer out there. I hope police will begin to look at Starke State prison (not far from these earlier disappearances) and who has been recently paroled. I believe there is also a fairly large mental hospital too. I went to college not far from here, and I've honestly never seen so many sketchy people in one small area.

I agree that the FBI profilers probably know if the killer had experience with decapitation or dismemberment. Keep in mind that in this part of the country there are a lot of avid hunters and also farmers. I moved south from the suburban northeast a few years ago and found it somewhat amazing how many people (male and female) have the knowledge/skill to slaughter and butcher an animal. It is very common in rural parts of the country. There are certainly way more farmers and hunters around here than there are doctors.

That is true. I have always lived in Georgia all of my life. Many families would rather process their own meats since it doesn't have additives such as hormones or anti-biotics. Please it is much healthier than market processed meat.

My family are also avid hunters. I know from hunting deer myself when we are skinning the deer out and removing the head we sure don't make a nice clean cut when removing the head. My hubby has to use a very sharp boning knife or hack saw and sometimes even a electric bone saw. Its depending on the size of the deer/neck that can take sometime itself. Of course smaller game such as birds are much easier to do when removing the head.

The manner in which the decapitation took place can also tell the FBI profilers if it is a typical cut made by a hunter or maybe even a meat cutter.

It also can tell them if this is an organized or disorganized murderer. The neater the decapitation shows someone who is extremely organized and may be very neat in their personal lives as well wanting everything to be very organized and tidy. If it is done sloppily then that can show the murderer is a disorganized murderer.

It is really fascinating what the FBI profilers see just by looking at the crime scene and the body that was left behind. What we may miss they don't..........and each thing shows them something and then they put it altogether.

Around here FF's are usually the first to the scene. ( my BIL ) is one. He has nightmares over cases, and it's not over 2 am fires.

The first event my EMT sister showed up at was a guy sitting in his lawn chair in the middle of the night and had not moved. He'd shot himself in the mouth. I suspect she still has nightmares. Her husband is the fire chief in their large county and she no longer works as an EMT..I don't think she could handle picking kids up at car accidents etc:( ^i^

http://marionso.com/missing-endangered-john-radabaugh-jr/

For anyone who has been following my posts, here is another missing person case, unsolved in FL.

I posted yesterday about an elderly German woman who disappeared without a trace in Leesburg. It struck me as important because she lives so close to The Villages, an area similar to Reynolds Plantation where the Dermonds lived.

Although this is a 48 year old man, he is mentally challenged and does appear older than his biological age. He too, disappeared without a trace.

When I map the two towns where these people have gone missing, they are 18 miles apart, in a straight line down one major road, with The Villages smack dab in the middle.

IMO, there is a serial killer out there. I hope police will begin to look at Starke State prison (not far from these earlier disappearances) and who has been recently paroled. I believe there is also a fairly large mental hospital too. I went to college not far from here, and I've honestly never seen so many sketchy people in one small area.

I certainly haven't ruled out that these crimes could be done by a nomadic serial killer or just some sociopath out for a thrill kill. Gary Hilton also murdered a woman in Florida before coming to Georgia to kill again.

We have seen homes targeted before because they were nice homes but were in a very secluded area. Also it isn't uncommon for these kind of people to first case the place out and know the particulars on who lives there and how many.

Do you remember the case awhile back where a group of teens were out to do a thrill kill because they wanted to know how it felt to murder someone? They targeted the home to invade because it sat way back off the road and was secluded. They attacked the young mother there with a machete and a hammer brutally murdering her and then attacked her little 10 year old daughter. The little daughter survived but she did lose part of her foot and toes.

So strangers today seem to be doing murders in horrific gruesome overkill ways. Maybe they do it this way now thinking the police will think the murders were personal and done by someone known to them.

Even the police admit that a lot of criminals these days are getting smarter and smarter.

IMO

I keep hoping that more photos of Shirley will be posted to help people identify and stay on the lookout for her... hasn't been any that I know of except for the one DR Lic photo given out when she first went missing.

This photo of Shirley from 2013 is out there on the web (I've edited it to crop out others), but I am posting here in the hopes that with among the 70,000 views we are getting, someone has seen SOMETHING and this may help to bring her home...

She looks like such a kind, sweet lady - about the same age as my own mother. I am praying for her safe return.

Thanks for posting that! It helps so much to see a casual picture of her whole body rather than just a head shot driver's license photo. Usually on missing posters don't they usually have several pictures? It is always so sad though to see photos of them in happier times and know evil robbed her off that. Any other photos of her or Russell?

amazing how many people (male and female) have the knowledge/skill to slaughter and butcher an animal. It is very common in rural parts of the country.
As Hank Williams Jr. sang, "We can skin a buck, and run a trotline. And a country boy can survive".

I missed a day and too many posts for me to read them all. So I read the last three pages and it seems as some people are still confused about Reynolds Plantation and Great Waters.

Though owned by the same company, they are both set on their own peninsula and, by road, very very far apart.

Great Waters is where the murder happened, not the larger, more well known Reynolds Plantation proper.

It is Reynolds Plantation where the Ritz-Carlton and most of the "rentals" are.

Great Waters doesn't have amenities for the general public. There is no reason to go there unless that is where you intended to go.

"Wandering strangers" is just not possible at Great Waters. That's just one more thing that makes this case so unlikely and puzzling.

I moved south from the suburban northeast a few years ago and found it somewhat amazing how many people (male and female) have the knowledge/skill to slaughter and butcher an animal. It is very common in rural parts of the country. There are certainly way more farmers and hunters around here than there are doctors.

If you aren't taught by your father or other relative on how to, there's always youtube. My female cousin up in NC watched many videos to learn how to clean a deer.

Who did the landscaping and maintenance for this couple ??

Have they had any construction or remodeling done lately ??

How do contractors and landscapers gain access to the community ??

Just throwing thoughts out there. Someone knew how to get to these people and then escape without a single eye witness. That means they have intimate knowledge of how this place functions and how to avoid security and detection.

Nobody knows a location better than an individual that works there everyday.

LE needs to verify every single person who was allowed access by a homeowner AND the retirement complex management during the 48 hours leading up to this event.

That especially includes anybody that does day labor around there. Any kind of delivery services or couriers should also be backtracked and questioned.

Don't jump my bones as I am only making an observation:

Wonder why the kids haven't said something to the media? Even if they themselves did not, they could certainly hire someone. And I think they could probably add to the reward money....

Per WSB:
FBI is offering reward up to $20,000 for information leading to Shirley Dermond.

Thank you for posting this! I was wondering when a reward would be posted. Not that it helps finding someone though, imo

OT shefner, jumping one's bones means something entirely different in my region

:floorlaugh:

I promise to jump no one's bones in this or other threads here.

I think we are having a very hard time sleuthing this case because it
is beyond evil and we can't wrap our heads around that. I've watched
this board for 11 or so years and I know we've "looked" evil in the face many times...but this feels to me like a different evil.
How do you sleuth a secure gated community missing a head and a woman, both in their 80's? We have so very little information, we can't even find a path to try to follow. It seems important to me that the kids went home so quickly. It seems beyond possible for one person to do this and in a gated community like this and no one has seen a stranger anywhere. I think if there is answer found for this, we'll all be very surprised by the who and the why. It seems professional to me. I have no clue why or how..that information is being held close to the vest by LE, IMO ^i^

I agree with you Storm.......I am left wondering how the head was taken away without leaving some trace of blood or something.....I guess there was some there and it just has not been revealed...you would think there would be like a trail of blood...surely this evil thing did not take the time to clean up after him/herself....this whole thing is mind boggling.

about to catch up on some reading sodont' know if anyone posted anything about theleesburg woman missing ....quote from article:

"Rankin, who may be suffering from the early stages of dementia, took her purse but she left behind her cell phone, teeth, glasses and heart medicine"

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_leesburg-police-maj-leesburg-mom-apartment

so dont' think IMO that this is connected if she has dementia or thought to

anyway, traveling south i guess if a serial kiiller, he'/she was heading in that direction but I'd think the Ridgeland and bluffton might be more in line if connected and possibly connected to eatonton RD/SD case
plus he/she'd be working backwards from leesburg back to bluffton or ridgeland

well, i'm home from the lake, had planned to stay thru weekend, not happening, too freaky,

but also wanted to add that I thought that possibly the perp is picking not just ritzy areas of seclusion or just secluded areas but maybe ones with a small time PD, seems the ga/sc ones might be such

I saw the same thing days ago. On 5/4 the DIL went to a Gaga concert. Seriously? Then posted about it. I didn't post anything since I didn't know if we were allowed to. IMO

She wouldn't have known about it on the 4th. They didn't him them until the 8th or 10th I believe.

TV shows such as CSI and Criminal Minds, etc., has caused the CSI affect on jurors, prosecutions, and even how investigations are carried out by many Law Enforcement Agencies, imo..
Many folks will say, 'these are only TV Shows; fiction'.. In almost every press conference by LE PIOs in missing/murdered persons investigations past that appear to be growing cold. There is always the statement, 'This is reality folks, not CSI, we can't solve this case in just one hour'...

Well, TV shows such as CSI and Criminal Minds have writers that are retired FBI BAU Profilers, and many of the episodes are based on actual crimes... Imo, there is also a CSI affect on sexual predators and other psychopaths that watch these shows to learn and hone their skills to prevent detection...

Interesting interview of Retired FBI BAU Profiler and Writer for Criminal Minds TV Show; Jim Clemente;
Psychology of Serial Killers with Jim Clemente - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members