GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another guy found just the other day also decapitated and
Head is missing http://buzzpo.com/texas-man-found-decapitated-inside-truck-location-body-intriguing/

I am beginning to wonder if it isn't some type of serial killer too.
There is the Dermonds, nothing is taken of value. Mr. Dermonds head is missing.
Jubal, still has his money in his wallet, and head is missing.

Robert Hollis, head missing, but nothing taken, money, jewelry still there. http://pix11.com/2015/06/25/legally...pitated-in-his-southern-california-apartment/

Kelvin Singleton, head not found. http://wavy.com/2016/04/12/man-found-decapitated-identified-as-chowan-escapee/

I followed this case way back when it happened but haven't kept up with the happenings. Just thinking back I still think this murder was one of two things.

One would be somebody that knew them and their habits and wanted nothing but them dead. Something to do with business or family or property.

The second would be purely random. Somebody in a boat goes down the lake, sees the house and attacks simply for the pleasure of killing. Got lucky.

That nothing was taken and the murders left with no evidence is amazing.

Also that sheriff was good and determined to find the murderers. He doesn't like to lose and not find a murderer.

It's certainly a puzzle.

Steleheart, when you list it out like that, it makes one take a step backwards and reread it.

What I came away with is "Wow, someone really hated him!". Wonder what had happened in the last few years that angered a person so severly? I can't imagine that with this kind of rage, whatever set it off, happened many years ago. JMO.

Would you like to share what message you think it was sending? It might just encourage a legal entity that reads here to look in a different area. One can always hope.

I always believed there had to be extreme hatred for someone to kill and torture someone. However, my small town recently experienced the horror of five young people being shot then burned within their home as an attempt to cover the crime.. One of their best friends was arrested and charged with their murders. He also killed their 3 pet dogs during his rampage. The only reason we've heard for this extreme mass murder was that they asked him to move out because of his alleged drug use. Nothing in his past would hint at the capacity he had for torture, plotting, planning and carrying out such a heinous act over almost nothing. Times have changed, and what we believed to be is not necessarily Truth any longer.

I always believed there had to be extreme hatred for someone to kill and torture someone. However, my small town recently experienced the horror of five young people being shot then burned within their home as an attempt to cover the crime.. One of their best friends was arrested and charged with their murders. He also killed their 3 pet dogs during his rampage. The only reason we've heard for this extreme mass murder was that they asked him to move out because of his alleged drug use. Nothing in his past would hint at the capacity he had for torture, plotting, planning and carrying out such a heinous act over almost nothing. Times have changed, and what we believed to be is not necessarily Truth any longer.

Yep southernmimi, 'Times they are a changin'... The above Colquit County mass murder was the worst in over a decade in GA, according to the GBI..

GBI: Victims all knew suspect in murder case
http://www.walb.com/story/32024407/gbi-victims-all-knew-suspect-in-murder-case

Could you be more specific? And what about his wife/bride? She was dressed for the day. Reports say her death was caused by blunt force trauma before she was put in the water.

People on this site got angry with me because I was relieved she hadn't been raped or tortured, and that she was dead before putting her into the water.

I feel a car was used before she was put in the water. A canoe with a body in it might draw attention rowing across the lake. Maybe a canoe (previously stashed by the dam and by the perps) was then used to take her body out to the deep part of the water.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The only thing I can add to my open ended theory is that - it is known that she gets up before him AFAIK. She may have been knocked out before RD got up for his morning coffee. JMO.

Thank you. Yes I go back to my original theory that this was a message 'someone' understood.

A body 'staged'. RD was placed between his 2 cars. ( his body was moved a couple feet by earlier reports)
He was located outside of his comfortable home in the attached garage.
His immaculate home was untouched. His body showed no signs of abuse.
He was left without a head, no face, stealing his identity. (not really but in a way)
He was alone - his wife was no where near.
Everything he held dear, his bride, his home, his identity was taken.

He was left with his cars and nothing else. Not his dock, not his Home, not his yard, not his face - Clean, no mess, no struggle and no other indication of motive.

Just a faceless body between his cars. His head, his face, his smile, his brain ( mind) were taken cleanly without any difficulty?

Someone got that message and it wasn't the dead man. I doubt RD understood.

MOO

Steleheart, when you list it out like that, it makes one take a step backwards and reread it.

What I came away with is "Wow, someone really hated him!". Wonder what had happened in the last few years that angered a person so severly? I can't imagine that with this kind of rage, whatever set it off, happened many years ago. JMO.

Would you like to share what message you think it was sending? It might just encourage a legal entity that reads here to look in a different area. One can always hope.

The message I feel is that if someone hated HIM, they would leave him alive, take his wife, ruin his belongings and success (like burn his house, etc.) to let him suffer and feel the loss.
Nope -RD never felt or suffered and his belongings, success, home,accounts, etc., remained intact. He was left alone, headless outside his home between his cars without his identity (his head). Everything else was untouched except for his Mind, Brain, Smile, Memories and Recognition. Russell would not know this. Someone close to him would know this. Someone meaningful would understand that he is now nobody. It wasn't Shirley.
It was someone who may have admired Russell.

For the messenger - the perpetrator. I do not know but I have ideas with no actual facts.

Contrarily the message could be from someone who wanted Russell to seem as no one. Nothing. As opposed to those who looked up to him. " His opulence counts for nothing .He is faceless now. Where is that nice smile. That great mind. That good head on his shoulders."

Very personal and deeper than material things, IMO

MOO

The message I feel is that if someone hated HIM, they would leave him alive, take his wife, ruin his belongings and success (like burn his house, etc.) to let him suffer and feel the loss.
Nope -RD never felt or suffered and his belongings, success, home,accounts, etc., remained intact. He was left alone, headless outside his home between his cars without his identity (his head). Everything else was untouched except for his Mind, Brain, Smile, Memories and Recognition. Russell would not know this. Someone close to him would know this. Someone meaningful would understand that he is now nobody. It wasn't Shirley.
It was someone who may have admired Russell.

For the messenger - the perpetrator. I do not know but I have ideas with no actual facts.

Contrarily the message could be from someone who wanted Russell to seem as no one. Nothing. As opposed to those who looked up to him. " His opulence counts for nothing .He is faceless now. Where is that nice smile. That great mind. That good head on his shoulders."

Very personal and deeper than material things, IMO

MOO

Yes true but then again it could have been some dope head in a boat. That's the mystery with no clues. Is somebody that smart or that lucky?

Yes true but then again it could have been some dope head in a boat. That's the mystery with no clues. Is somebody that smart or that lucky?

I hope it is some DUMB luck and it is only a matter of time before this is caught! It has been too long! Patience is not a virtue of mine.

Two years and no closer to an answer than we were on Day 1.

What stands out to me is the brutality that was committed on both Mr. and Mrs. Dermond. Why would a person need or want to behead a person? That seems like a rage killing or a killing to prove to someone they did the job. I have never made my mind up. Where is the head? Who would want to be driving and get stopped with a head in your trunk? Is it in another spot in the lake, weighted down?

Poor Mrs. Dermond. I hope she didn't see what happened to her husband. We will never know what that sweet lady went through before she was murdered and tossed into the lake.

In this great world we live in, it is still hard to believe that a person can murder a fellow human being without getting caught. The same thing goes for children or adults who go missing, never to be heard from again.

If we only knew the answers as to why murderers do the things they do and why. Sadly, Mr. Dermond isn't the only victim who has been beheaded. That happens more often than we think. Why do they do it? Imo, because they can, and this gives them some kind of sick gratification in their twisted evil mind. I don't think rage has to be present for some murderers to do decapitations. I don't think Mr. Dermond suffered anymore than Shirley did before he died. I have always felt they were both killed in the same manner by bludgeoning them both to death. I do think he was already dead when his head was removed. I also have felt the head was also put in the water along with Shirley's body, but the head is so light weight compared to a body that has been weighted down that it drifted over the dam and will never be found. IMO Eventually the skull will separate and fall apart.

We are seeing now how so many are doing such gruesome overkills and these type of murderers don't even have to know the victims. Look at all the home invasions by strangers in the recent years where the victims were tortured brutally or raped repeatedly including small children, and then murdered. Some have even been bound and then the perp would burn the house down around them. It just seems more and more the murderers of today are more and more twisted in what they do to innocent people. Its like they are the walking dead who has absolutely no conscious about the depravity they do.

One of the most horrible home invasion cases that didn't end in murder thankfully was one I read about a couple of years ago. 3-4 men broke into a home where a lady and two men lived. They demanded money and drugs and the homeowners didn't have either. So instead of leaving.... they tortured them for days on end. Brutally raping the woman repeatedly. They tied up the men, and then they tortured them for days by using power drills to drill into their knee-caps and ankles. None of the perps knew the victims. By reading the way some are murdering nowadays it has convinced me that some murderers are becoming sub-human species who will do the most gosh awful crimes imaginable just because the victims are at their mercy and they know they can do whatever they want to do and no one can stop them. Its very frightening to even think about much less know it does happen and it seems to happen far more often than it did in the past.

Unfortunately, around 37% of murder cases remain unsolved. You are also right.... so many people including children go missing and are never found. Until those children/adults are found or LE finds evidence showing what happened to them and by whom....we will never know who the perpetrators are if some of them have been murdered which I think many of those who remain missing... have been. That is why I never have trusted the statistics on strangers who murder. Like I previously replied to Foxfire, those are the hardest cases to solve, and with so many missing and the perp unknown its logical that the statistics on murders done by complete strangers are much higher than the DOJ/FBI would have us believe.

I have learned to never give up hope that a case will be solved for I have seen many just like this one solved even though it was years later. Sometimes time will loosen lips or someone that knows something will no longer be around the suspect they fear and will finally come forward with what they have known all along. I hope that is what happens in this case.

IMO

Bumping this to link another decapitation case that is in the Crimes in the News forum.
Probably not a connection, but a missing head in each case does create a sort of connection. What are they doing with the heads?

http://www.fugitive.com/2016/04/16/...ound-with-his-head-cut-off-in-north-carolina/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ee-found-decapitated-Merry-Hill-10-April-2016

As a side note, an arrest was made in the Jubal Alexander case in TX.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...itated-Angleton-27-April-2016-*ARREST*/page13

It is interesting that the Brazoria County Sheriff's office is saying basically the same thing that Sheriff Sills said regarding Mr. Dermond's missing head.

The decapitation may be an attempt to conceal or destroy evidence.

http://www.12newsnow.com/story/32210049/arrest-made-in-decapitation-of-port-arthur-man

Gosh dang it! :maddening: I am so frustrated we don't have any answers yet in Mr. and Mrs. Dermond's case. :stormingmad:

Well...... there could be religious conotations with these beheadings.....seem to be happening more and becoming more common

Well...... there could be religious connotations with these beheadings.....seem to be happening more and becoming more common

I agree, dancinunderthemoon, an 'Angels & Demons' connotation, imo. Until SS and the FBI reads, and pays close attention to the writing on the wall, the Dermond murders investigation file will only remain in cold storage.. "The devil is in the details"...

I agree, dancinunderthemoon, an 'Angels & Demons' connotation, imo. Until SS and the FBI reads, and pays close attention to the writing on the wall, the Dermond murders investigation file will only remain in cold storage.. "The devil is in the details"...
Yes, well a devil for sure but not the kind you may be thinking. See the link above for Jubal Alexander. They caught the guy.

Yes, well a devil for sure but not the kind you may be thinking. See the link above for Jubal Alexander. They caught the guy.

Decapitations are not uncommon in TX. Although no motive has been released in the murder and beheading of Jubal Alexander, imo it would be reasonable to conclude that the motive for his beheading was to delay victim identification, remove ballistic evidence, or to indicate a drug cartel execution.. The beheading motive of the suspect arrested in Jubal's murder may have been any, or a combination of these three..

Shortly after the Dermond murders,there was a rash of murders in Bibb County, GA. The suspects were all AA. Sheriff Sills quickly zoned in on these suspects. Imo, that would indicate that the POI witnessed in the Dermond's yard during the suspected time of their murders was likely AA. The suspect arrested in Jubal Alexander's murder was caucasian..

Decapitations are not uncommon in TX. Although no motive has been released in the murder and beheading of Jubal Alexander, imo it would be reasonable to conclude that the motive for his beheading was to delay victim identification, remove ballistic evidence, or to indicate a drug cartel execution.. The beheading motive of the suspect arrested in Jubal's murder may have been any, or a combination of these three..

Shortly after the Dermond murders,there was a rash of murders in Bibb County, GA. The suspects were all AA. Sheriff Sills quickly zoned in on these suspects. Imo, that would indicate that the POI witnessed in the Dermond's yard during the suspected time of their murders was likely AA. The suspect arrested in Jubal Alexander's murder was caucasian..
I don't see the McDermond murders as being committed by AAs, imo.

Intersting SS would investigate that as a possible connection to D's murders.......This is the only hint that he may be AA,
but dont recall they ever stated if the POI was AA or C..............so I would tend to wonder given this investigation of AA in BIbb, otherwise, why?

Intersting SS would investigate that as a possible connection to D's murders.......This is the only hint that he may be AA,
but dont recall they ever stated if the POI was AA or C..............so I would tend to wonder given this investigation of AA in BIbb, otherwise, why?

SS may have also investigated the incident due to it being the robbery of an unsuspecting couple selected at random, dancinunderthemoon, imo.
We discussed this back in May of 2014 on the other thread/s, but most of the msm articles have aged off. I found an article that provides info on the AA perps; Southside Posse gang, who committed the random attempted armed robbery.

_____

Macon men in bulletproof vests who dubbed themselves the Southside Posse were the bandits in a late-May shootout that left three dead, a Bibb County sheriff’s investigator testified Friday.

At a commitment hearing for one of the men, Vincent “White Boy” Lewis, the investigator told how the alleged gunmen conspired to rob a man and woman in a car on Fairburn Avenue May 29/2014.

But the robbery spiraled into a 3:30 a.m. hail of bullets. The man and woman in the car were killed, as was one of the robbers, who was shot when the woman in the car opened fire with a 9mm pistol, authorities have said.

Lewis, 36, who at the end of Friday’s hearing was bound over to Bibb Superior Court, is charged with three counts of felony murder and one count of aggravated assault.

He and two other men in the case are in the Bibb jail, all on similar charges. A fourth suspect in the slayings, Lewis “Bear” Cheney, 30, remained at large Friday.

Investigators have said Cheney planned the caper but didn’t ride along on the failed stickup.

Investigator Harris said Cheney knew where Jarrell lived and “that she always carried a large sum of money.”

Harris added that “Lewis and his posse” were “known throughout the southside community (for) robbing people.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/article30133455.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz