GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS..........during the first podcast by Philip Holloway and Payne Lindsey. I mentinoed this then..........when PH said "so he's considered a suspect"..........SS replied "I DOOO".........WTH..........he had already cleared this guy but was talking on the podcast as if he had NOT and was still at large and THEN, did NOT answer the question by only said "I DOOO" in a southern drawl.............what was the point here?

I DONT THINK THERE WAS A MAN ON THE LAWN, it was a DECOY, to lure someone out of hiding, a FEAR TACTIC.

thats my opinion today and has been for a while since there was never ANY description yet it was known to be a MAN.........so it's a uselss piece of NON EVIDENCE at this point for us or investigators

Yes, involved/No, he was cleared. I've been pondering this for days! Which info did SS state first? When was The Sworn podcast recorded?

Was it actually a "neighbor" (or could it have been a mail-carrier, or other person) who saw the man on the Dermonds property? Wouldn't that person be in fear and SS just referred to them as a neighbor... Even though they reportedly saw very little... just in an effort to protect?

I guess I am just wrong but strangely I thought SS had questioned and ruled-out the man on the lawn before The Sworn podcast.

Last edited:
And I wondered too about the "man on the lawn". SS dances around it. It is like he brings it up to make everyone think he's on to something. In several of the Podcast he says a "neighbor"spotted someone on the Ds lawn and that he has to assume its the killer. I would be pissed if I was one of the Ds neighbors because now he is telling the killer that a neighbor saw you!!!

Since at that time the Ds had only one next door neighbor, other side was an empty lot, its not hard for the killer to deduct what neighbor he's talking about!!

.... no neighbors and the ONE was in asia...........vacation homes in the cove, no permanent residents

And I wondered too about the "man on the lawn". SS dances around it. It is like he brings it up to make everyone think he's on to something. In several of the Podcast he says a "neighbor"spotted someone on the Ds lawn and that he has to assume its the killer. I would be pissed if I was one of the Ds neighbors because now he is telling the killer that a neighbor saw you!!!

Since at that time the Ds had only one next door neighbor, other side was an empty lot, its not hard for the killer to deduct what neighbor he's talking about!!
According to @dancinunderthemoon post above, the one neighbor was out of the country - not sure where that information came from though? But in any case, it is a whole 'gated community', so could have been any number of 'neighbors', since they could have been out for a hike, walk, walking their dog, etc?

From article dated: Published 7:25 a.m. ET May 6, 2015 | Updated 9:36 a.m. ET May 6, 2015
EATONTON, Ga. — Investigators in the year-old murder of an elderly Georgia couple would like to learn more about a man spotted on the lawn of the murder victims, the sheriff investigating the case said Tuesday.

"I consider (him) a suspect myself," said Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills. "But that's all I'll say about it. We had a witness that saw him out there."

Sills would not elaborate, nor would he provide a description of the man.

Mystery man emerges in year-old Ga. beheading case
---
From article dated: September 23, 2015
An unidentified man was seen on the lawn of the Dermond home around the time of their deaths, but authorities have declined to say anything more than that the man is a person of interest.
The Case of Russell and Shirley Dermond, an Elderly Couple Brutally Murdered in Their Own Home

View attachment 172214 LS boat ramp is marked and the other location is the spot that has been pointed out to me by friends on that lake.
Hate to keep hounding you on this but just need to know. Was SD found in deep water or near the shore where you have marked with the X, off of Wallace Rd? Or is that water near the shore very deep, quick drop off at the waters edge. Thanks in advance!

Yes, involved/No, he was cleared. I've been pondering this for days! Which info did SS state first? When was The Sworn podcast recorded?

Was it actually a "neighbor" (or could it have been a mail-carrier, or other person) who saw the man on the Dermonds property? Wouldn't that person be in fear and SS just referred to them as a neighbor... Even though they reportedly saw very little... just in an effort to protect?

I guess I am just wrong but strangely I thought SS had questioned and ruled-out the man on the lawn before The Sworn podcast.
Its been all over the internet about the neighbor since the crime occurred

I often was concernced for a neighbor that may have seen them, if the perps discovered who THE NEIGHBOR was too. I always thought that was a bad move telling on the neighbor in the news

He was discussing the man on the lawn in the podcast, wehn asked was he suspect, which is a yes or no question, SS said "I DOOO" In a southern drawl...........I thought that odd he didnt answer the question

last year!

Yes, it seems to me (from reading) that it was quite precise, because on RD's autopsy report it says: "3. Transection of the pharnyx with absence of the epiglottis and hyoid bone. The thyroid cartilage is intact."

That seems to leave a very small window, jmo.
View attachment 172465
https://slideplayer.com/slide/4569082/15/images/70/Anterior+Pharyngeal+Wall+from+Behind.jpg
View attachment 172462
https://www.therespiratorysystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Epiglottis-Anatomy-Diagram.jpg
Yes I posted about all that, that very small window makes the beheading much easier and it indicated to me someone knew where to cut and it was along the t shirt collar line, once you open it up IM sure you can see a little of what you are cutting

close, said 30 but who knows, however i would guess it had no holes since they bagged them in mesh........no holes may be some landscape timbers, I dont think I found a 30lb one tho, but there are so many!
thanks
Yes, all I know is that the description is red cinder blocks. A cinder block to me and known around my area is a block with holes used for building walls/foundation and such like the one I posted.

Have you seen any information that details how the block looked exactly? If we had a real description of the block the area it came from/manufactured can be narrowed down. Holes or no holes? SS may just consider all cement blocks to be cinder blocks and it may be like you say landscape blocks. I have not found any red landscape type blocks weighing 30 lbs more in the range of 20 lbs. A red (true) cinder block is pretty rare.

Yes I posted about all that, that very small window makes the beheading much easier and it indicated to me someone knew where to cut and it was along the t shirt collar line, once you open it up IM sure you can see a little of what you are cutting

Not only 'easier', and yes, I'm assuming one would have to have at least *some* anatomical education to know about that. Surely it couldn't have been an inexperienced killer who was frantically trying to not get caught after murdering someone, having the sheer beginner's luck of just happening to hit the right place!

2 red CONCRETE blocks

autopsy does not give a better description, what would be interesteing is to actually FIND 30lb red concrete blocks, that is all SS ever said as well

Yes, all I know is that the description is red cinder blocks. A cinder block to me and known around my area is a block with holes used for building walls/foundation and such like the one I posted.

Have you seen any information that details how the block looked exactly? If we had a real description of the block the area it came from/manufactured can be narrowed down. Holes or no holes? SS may just consider all cement blocks to be cinder blocks and it may be like you say landscape blocks. I have not found any red landscape type blocks weighing 30 lbs more in the range of 20 lbs. A red (true) cinder block is pretty rare.

2 red CONCRETE blocks

autopsy does not give a better description, what would be interesteing is to actually FIND 30lb red concrete blocks, that is all SS ever said as well
someone in masonry or Landscaping, unless found on the property, may have a better selection from other companies than what the avg Joe might find in the hardware stores maybe

When I lived in the south, not to far from the Ds they called them concrete blocks, up north they call the same item cinder blocks.

Looks like the first episode of the Sworn podcast was published on YouTube June 2017. I'm still trying to figure out why I thought "the man on the lawn" was investigated and dismissed before that.

Also, if one knows how to dress a deer... Is it a fairly easy jump to behead a human??

Not only 'easier', and yes, I'm assuming one would have to have at least *some* anatomical education to know about that. Surely it couldn't have been an inexperienced killer who was frantically trying to not get caught after murdering someone, having the sheer beginner's luck of just happening to hit the right place!
all indications is that it was NOT random, that they were targeted

Not sure the killer was inexperienced but not an expert

And no, even if random there is SOME amount of preplanning, you dont just walk up to a house becuase you are passing by and haul her off in a boat and behead him

When I lived in the south, not to far from the Ds they called them concrete blocks, up north they call the same item cinder blocks.
some call them concrete cinder blocks, they have holes.......

......I think IMO Its safe to assume they had no holes or the perps would have tied through the holes and would be no need for the mesh bags............I think the autopsy was trying to be precise though

Looks like the first episode of the Sworn podcast was published on YouTube June 2017. I'm still trying to figure out why I thought "the man on the lawn" was investigated and dismissed before that.

Also, if one knows how to dress a deer... Is it a fairly easy jump to behead a human??
YEs to the deer question, per SS also, why he said it could be a hunter

DID Hockeyguy find something about the man on the lawn being cleared??? I think maybe he did, recalling this becuase he and I discussed this privately for a time....... but my confusion was why did SS make out like he wasnt in the podcast?
WHy I thought it was a decoy

YEs to the deer question, per SS also, why he said it could be a hunter

DID Hockeyguy find something about the man on the lawn being cleared??? I think maybe he did, recalling this becuase he and I discussed this privately for a time....... but my confusion was why did SS make out like he wasnt in the podcast?
WHy I thought it was a decoy

I just wondered if "most" hunters agree with Sills about decapitation.

Right... I gotcha on "the decoy" aspect.

It sounded (on the podcast) as if SS pointed through some trees... And I wondered if he was possibly showing the location of where "the neighbor" was when she spotted "lawn man".

Maybe it was hockeyguy who told us about lawn man being dismissed. I really don't remember. Maybe I will have time to look through old threads tonight.

I just wondered if "most" hunters agree with Sills about decapitation.

Right... I gotcha on "the decoy" aspect.

It sounded (on the podcast) as if SS pointed through some trees... And I wondered if he was possibly showing the location of where "the neighbor" was when she spotted "lawn man".

Maybe it was hockeyguy who told us about lawn man being dismissed. I really don't remember. Maybe I will have time to look through old threads tonight.
.i do know that the man on the lawn being cleared was sudden and surprise news and was not discussed much if at all online or here.......... and it was being discussed in the Payne Lindsey Phillip HOlloway podcast, as if they were still looking for the guy....post 1280 by hockeyguy33..........GA - GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Personally I think SS HAD to say that and tell the public NOTHING about in order to NOT SAY it was a decoy........but thats my thougth process for now LOL

Last edited:
Looking at all angles of the house at 147 carolyn, doesnt APPEAR they used ANY lawn edging, landscape timbers or blocks and I see no firepit........

Only unless ther was some on the side of the house past the front porch, farthest from the driveway towards the vacant lot and cove area........

post 1280 by hockeyguy33.......i do know that the man on the lawn being cleared was sudden and surprise news and was not discussed much if at all online or here.......... and it was being discussed in the Payne Lindsey Phillip HOlloway podcast, as if they were still looking for the guy........GA - GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

Personally I think SS HAD to say that and tell the public NOTHING about in order to NOT SAY it was a decoy........but thats my thougth process for now LOL
MOST PEOPLE tend to take another for their word and arent looking too deep into things...................except us here LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay