GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember some talk of the Dermonds and swords. The only thing I recall, is seeing some photos of swords and spears in a museum like setting, during a vacation. :thinking:

:twocents:

IMHO

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.... Sherrif Sills was just interviewed on HLN.
Not much new to report, but something I found interesting was that he said he has called in some help
from the Jacksonville, Florida cold case squad. Also he is still waiting on bank records and test results.
And....they have just polygraphed someone that gave them a tip.....but then Mike Brooks interrupted and said sorry but
we're out of time. Grrrrrrr.

In the last interview we saw where he met Mark Winne in Midtown, the reporter said that SS had gotten 10 emails recently. They have given 4 or 5 polygraphs to people who came forward with information. SS said they all seemed to be telling the truth, so maybe he is onto something. Talking to my husband about it today and he thinks it's money that was owed somebody, somewhere, for some reason: gambling maybe, business deal gone wrong or something along those lines. Who got them to come outside? I can see where Mrs. D might have heard the commition and came to see what was going on, but if it were a hit, from anyone for any reason, then I can't get past, why not bring a gun? I don't really think this was done to humiliate SS; he's been on the job over 40 years and is going to retire someday, whether this case gets solved or not.

[B
]He has gotten two search warrants – which were sealed by the judge at Sills’ request. One search warrant was for the Dermond house at 147 Carolyn Drive – “we executed that search warrant for six weeks,” he said. He wouldn’t elaborate about the other search warrant
.[/B]
The above is a quote from the Eatonton Messenger on July 10th. I wonder whatever came of the second search warrant and where they searched?

In the last interview we saw where he met Mark Winne in Midtown, the reporter said that SS had gotten 10 emails recently. They have given 4 or 5 polygraphs to people who came forward with information. SS said they all seemed to be telling the truth, so maybe he is onto something. Talking to my husband about it today and he thinks it's money that was owed somebody, somewhere, for some reason: gambling maybe, business deal gone wrong or something along those lines. Who got them to come outside? I can see where Mrs. D might have heard the commition and came to see what was going on, but if it were a hit, from anyone for any reason, then I can't get past, why not bring a gun? I don't really think this was done to humiliate SS; he's been on the job over 40 years and is going to retire someday, whether this case gets solved or not.

Happyshoes, yes, Sheriff Sills will retire one day, whether voluntarily or due to other reasons.. If unsolved, SS will carry this case; the most high profile horrific homicide investigation of his entire career, to his grave... his words, not mine..
Justice for the Dermonds and their family is my primary concern...

<respectfully sniped & BBM for Focus - read more @ link>
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...BlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

Couple's finances focus of murder probe in Georgia

Sheriff Sills says investigators are now combing 4,000 pages of the victims' financial records in the hope of finding leads &#8211; which have become more elusive with each passing week.

"Has it slowed down? Yes it has. Calls and leads and things like that have slowed down. The reward we're offering doesn't seem to be initiating any calls and things like that," Sills said. "But we're still actively doing things in conjunction with this case."

In late July, Sills went over the double murder evidence with cold-case detectives visiting from Florida. He says the mystery of who killed the couple got no closer to resolution.

Sills believes the killers likely accessed the victims' property by boat with a motive that is no clearer than it was three months ago. But he believes the case is still solvable.

"I'll be hopeful that it's solvable til the day I die," Sills said.

I do remember some talk of the Dermonds and swords. The only thing I recall, is seeing some photos of swords and spears in a museum like setting, during a vacation. :thinking:

:twocents:

IMHO

I must have missed that picture..... Yes, I remember something about swords.

[B.[/B]
The above is a quote from the Eatonton Messenger on July 10th. I wonder whatever came of the second search warrant and where they searched?

:yeahthat: That's what I would like to know too.

Hi Foxfire! Do you know where the reporter from the USA today story was at in Eatonton? He said close to the lake, but it didn't look like RP.

Did he happen to collect them? Civil war, military, Chinese etc?

We don't know. I think I accidentally started a rumor when I saw a picture of the swords; they seem to have been taken on a 2007 trip to Europe that the Dermonds went on with their daughter and her oldest son. I am told the picture was in a museum. They weren't displayed very well, so I thought they were at someone's home. Too much speculating on my part, sorry.

I think the killer(s) brought a gun, and used it on Mr. Dermond.

That could very well be true, but why not shoot Mrs. D? Unless as Foxfire has said, she was taken to the lake alive, then they didn't want a gun shot to sound out on the water? Then if that's the case, do they know if she was hit more than once? In other words, was she struck until they knew she was dead? One hit may not have been enough. Was it planned, did someone (or two) bring rope, machete, gun, etc? If the FBI can identify rope of any kind, made from anywhere, where's that news? I think I'm losing part of my life to this case!

Interesting read that may point to a motive in the Dermond murders, imo. What happens when the bottom falls out of the Lake Oconee & RP GW community Home Sales/Real Estate market? Putnam/Green County tax digest plummets? Who does this affect? Where does the buck stop?

Reynolds Plantation, Greensboro, GA Homes for Sale
http://clickscape.com/reynolds-plantation_greensboro-ga-homes-for-sale
<see graphs & other stats>

It gives the appearance of the typical middle Georgia county: mostly agricultural, and not much wealth.

But that's the Greene County to the east. The other Greene County -- the Lake Oconee area to the southwest -- is an area where a two-acre tract of vacant lakefront land can sell for $2 million
The Ritz-Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation on Lake Oconee opens April 11. "It's the first luxury, inland destination resort built in America in three generations," says a Ritz-Carlton spokeswoman.
<sniped - read more>

''It's the finest home this side of Atlanta,'' said Greene County Tax Appraiser David Moore. ''It's the largest in the entire Lake Oconee area. ''The quality of construction, I mean, they've got stone-faced walls in the basement.''

Builders estimate the structure's value at $2.5 million, but Chief Tax Appraiser Allen Skinner said that estimate likely doesn't even approach the home's actual total value.

Skinner estimates the average value of a house in the lake area ranges from $300,000 to $400,000. The average value elsewhere in the county is less than $100,000, he said.

He reckons that 90 percent of all new residential growth in the county is in the lake area
, adding that there are ''no high-class subdivisions outside of the lake'' anywhere else in Greene County.

Some 60 percent to 70 percent of the value of all taxable property -- known as the tax digest -- in Greene County is in the lake area. Skinner noted that since lake growth exploded five years ago the tax digest has doubled: from $350 million in 1996 to $709 million last year.

That could very well be true, but why not shoot Mrs. D? Unless as Foxfire has said, she was taken to the lake alive, then they didn't want a gun shot to sound out on the water? Then if that's the case, do they know if she was hit more than once? In other words, was she struck until they knew she was dead? One hit may not have been enough. Was it planned, did someone (or two) bring rope, machete, gun, etc? If the FBI can identify rope of any kind, made from anywhere, where's that news? I think I'm losing part of my life to this case!

We haven't gotten any answers to those questions. I think Mrs. D put up a fight. Mr. Dermond's body showed no signs of a struggle, but I haven't read where it was reported what Mrs. Dermond's body showed OTHER THAN the blunt force trauma to the head.

Which leads into my theory that Mrs. D did hear something happening downstairs in the garage and when she surprised the killers she ran.

Another thing I'd like to know (among 1,000 other things) is in relation to other's theories; i.e., some think they came and went by boat to the D's house but parked their car somewhere else. Where is the boat? Did they load it onto a boat trailer? Where do they think they put the boat in the water? If that is the way this went down, it was very planned out. Still, I don't think they had to have military training to pull it off. A good knowledge of the lake might be enough. Maybe they thought the D's weren't going to be home...? Could they have just targeted the house, thinking there was a safe or as Retired1997 said, maybe a collection of some sort, coins or guns?

And another thing - if Mrs. D was kidnapped, was she gagged? How could she be a help if they were stopped by the DNR? What would stop her from screaming? Why would a woman that age be out on the lake with possibly 2 young guys? And lastly, are you guys tired of me yet?

And another thing - if Mrs. D was kidnapped, was she gagged? How could she be a help if they were stopped by the DNR? What would stop her from screaming? Why would a woman that age be out on the lake with possibly 2 young guys? And lastly, are you guys tired of me yet?

Never! :blushing: :happydance: :loveyou: :gaah:

I think Mr. Dermond could have been drug up on the passenger side of the vehicle in the garage - which ever one was parked on the right side. Somebody thought he was directly behind the car. We weren't even told how he was found in the garage. Why won't they give us any INFORMATION?? :gaah:

I just have to say something regarding the $55,000 reward. . . I just don't think that is the kind of money that is going to bring any answers. Quite frankly I'm shocked that the reward is not more. I have followed Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Morrissey case for over 2 years now and the reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of whomever caused those girls to go missing and end up dead is $150,000. I don't understand why, if people are truly afraid, are they not donating to this reward fund?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste