GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/GREENESO?sk=timeline&hc_location=timeline (scroll down for article and comments)

Greene County Georgia Sheriff's Office Facebook

The Greene County Sheriff's Office is in need of assistance in identifying a vehicle of interest related to a burglary in Reynolds Plantation that occurred on August 13, 2014. The vehicle was described by a witness as being possibly an Oldsmobile, specifically a Cutlass. (The witness is not certain of the make and model.)
<sniped - read more>

Just read a blurb in my local newspaper. It seems that someone donated a human skull to a Goodwill Store in Austin, TX. Workers discovered the skull as they were sorting bags of donated items on July 16.

Somehow I missed this.... Thanks for the updates Beest and Foxfire. I was telling my mother about it and she already knew about it. Who on God's green earth would donate human skulls to a Goodwill store? Was it supposed to be some kind of message? Now we have another American reporter murdered by ISIS. . . I realize this is off topic, my apologies. Words fail me. No movement in the Dermonds' case as far as we can see.... I will say I was surprised that Sheriff Sills had failed to fingerprint the person who was recently arrested. Of course, his fingerprints were on record somewhere . . . Oklahoma.

Good evening, fellow sleuthers...hope everyone had a really good holiday. I thought it might still be kind of quiet. I'll go back to watching Roger Federer (and packing!), but wanted to check in. Been some really sad news in the world lately, there's nowhere to turn your anger about what's happening. This case is as frightening as ISIS. I guess we can only vote. Don't want to get too off topic but will be thinking of the Dermonds until this is solved - come on SS.

No movement in the Dermonds' case as far as we can see.... I will say I was surprised that Sheriff Sills had failed to fingerprint the person who was recently arrested. Of course, his fingerprints were on record somewhere . . . Oklahoma.

That was interesting, makes you wonder what else SS has allowed to "fall through the cracks".

:seeya: Please watch the off topic posts, folks.

Thanks!

What we need -- what we REALLY need -- is an update from Sheriff Sills. Or somebody. Once again, it's been awhile.

What we need -- what we REALLY need -- is an update from Sheriff Sills. Or somebody. Once again, it's been awhile.

The Silence continues Backwoods.. "Silence is the predator's most lethal weapon"..

Where is Sheriff Sills??? On vacation, perhaps? :maddening:

IMHO

So just how often do Green County judges, or judges in other GA counties commit suicide? Are you implying it's so frequent an occurrence. that it's extraordinary to ask the GBI for confirmation? Btw, there is an out of control brush fire down here in Macon, they're dousing it with water from heliocopters as I type. No doubt there's some connection.

Yes I know that I'm being caustic. I've deliberately stayed away for a while, but when I pop back in it seems the thread is still on the same tack, just circling in a different direction without the naming of names that would have it banned.

If there is another direction, maybe you could lead us.

There was a robbery a couple of weeks back in Reynolds Plantation at Gussie's Knoll. It's on the Greene County Georgia Sheriff's office FB site. The perps made off with several thousands of $$$$ of jewelry. There was a witness to a vehicle though. The vehicle could possibly be an Oldsmobile, think Cutlass. Supposed it's red or maroon with a yellow or beige top and gray hood. The hood may have paint peeling or primer coating. The time frame of the burglary was around 0930 to 1130 hours that day. They broke into the home. I hope they catch these creeps and clean house. Wish Putnam county could catch a break on Mr. and Mrs. Dermonds' case. It really sucks that it still hasn't been solved. It's like they've been forgotten. Where are you Sheriff Sills?

Have asked my connection at the Macon Telegraph (Macon.com) to give us an update. Maybe will have an update in a few days.

Have asked my connection at the Macon Telegraph (Macon.com) to give us an update. Maybe will have an update in a few days.

DAMIFINO, this is one of the lastest updates on the Dermond abduction/murders/decapitation investigation by Sheriff Howard Sills which was over two months ago.. Not very encouraging, imo... "Silence is the predator's most lethal weapon"..

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills says leads have dried up, tipsters have mostly stopped calling and writing. Now Stills says the county's only double murder probe is searching the victims' finances for leads to their killer.
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...apitation-headless-unsolved-mystery/13737067/

<sniped & BBM- read more>

DR. Steven Egger, associate professor of criminology at the University of Houston-Clear Lake;

Egger says a typical homicide is not difficult to solve because you are simply dealing with people's alibis, and the person without one becomes the prime suspect. However, in a serial murder you do not have that. "All crime is serial in nature," Egger said. "Most criminals, if not caught, will repeat their crime. And if that's true, then you've got to share information."

http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/pct/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402

Five months and they're still looking at finances. Maybe a CPA could've found something by now...

FYI- Monroe County sheriff's deputy dies after shooting - Sep 14, 2014
< BOLINGBROKE, Ga. is near Macon, GA aproximately 60 miles from Eatonton, GA>

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26528858/monroe-county-sheriffs-deputy-dies-after-shooting

BOLINGBROKE, Ga. (AP) - Authorities in Monroe County say one of two sheriff's deputies who was wounded in a shooting has died.
Proctor says Norris was shot in his head and a second deputy was wounded in his leg and arm. Authorities say the man who fired the shots has been taken into custody but his identity hasn't been released.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is probing the shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003