GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering, why did he call his friends to say he would be late? What would be the "motive" for that call?

Yes ..:( They said in court Cooper had scratch marks on his face and abrasions on the back of his head probably from banging it against the too small seat that he could not get out of... so i do not think he was sedated
:(

Lately I have been wondering if Cooper was already deceased and the scratches and marks were from the action that caused that - and then he was placed in the car seat and driven around to make it look like a hot car death.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, can't keep up!

And something about the movie bothers me for some reason. I noticed a Hooters in that area on the map, and that seems more likely to me. MOO of course.

I am wondering, why did he call his friends to say he would be late? What would be the "motive" for that call?

To me it's a sad attempt to show that he did not know Cooper was in the car. I wonder who suggested the idea and the time? We know that he text LH to ask when she was picking up his "buddy", wouldn't have let her know he would not be home after work? I think he told his friends he would be late because he knew he had to deal with Cooper. Otherwise, why would he have been late? He left in plenty of time to make the movie.

I'm not sure if this has been shared, it helps add to the overall story of RH & LH. http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20060521/NEWS/605210377 I am confused to how long they were engaged, etc. Their marriage certificate was filed on 5/22/2006 in Tuscaloosa County and the presiding minister was had a surname to most likely indicate it was a relative.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So why not buy 2 instead of going out to lunch and breakfast and buying a fancy guitar?

This is what I've been wondering.

Good car seats aren't so prohibitively expensive that this dual-income family couldn't have afforded to buy 2 age appropriate car seats.

The median household income for Marietta is $45,014, according to the 2008-2012 census.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/13/1349756.html

If RH earned as much as he claimed he did in his reddit comment (~$61,000 a year - though I doubt he earned that much at entry level), with LH's income on top of that, they were bringing in well over the median income for their area.

Even if he was lying about his salary (I think he was) and made less, I suspect their household earnings would still have been at or slightly above the median income for their area and they could have easily afforded a proper car seat for each car, if their child's safety was a priority for them.

When I bought one for my car for my granddaughter, I researched and found one of the top-rated models by Consumer Reports for only $139 (on sale).

My daughter & son-in-law have good quality, age appropriate convertible car seats for each of their vehicles - and they don't have a 2-income household. They put their daughter's (my granddaughter's) safety first and foremost.

Folks who claim they can't afford important items (not that RH & LH have claimed that at this juncture), but can somehow find money to waste on extravagant toys or eating out or other such nonsense are full of it. It all boils down to priorities.

Lately I have been wondering if Cooper was already deceased and the scratches and marks were from the action that caused that - and then he was placed in the car seat and driven around to make it look like a hot car death.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, can't keep up!

And something about the movie bothers me for some reason. I noticed a Hooters in that area on the map, and that seems more likely to me. MOO of course.

Cooper was seen alive and well at Chick-Fil-A before Harris went to work. They (LE) have him on video at work and know that he did not have time to go anywhere else before work with Cooper.

Sadly Cooper died in his car seat that day.

When he left CFA, he KNEW he hadn't taken Cooper to daycare already, because he had just put him back into his car seat.

AND kissed his little face :-(

That part really gets to me. The kiss of death.

Reminds me of the heart sticker CA put on Caylee's duct taped mouth :tantrum:

Didn't someone state that the new car seat was left in Tuscaloosa or something like that and that is why the older car seat was being used?

What was stated was LE had to go on a trip, or was going on a trip Cooper, and the new car seat was with her. Apparently, they're trying to say they just hadn't bothered to put the new car seat back in RH car yet. As far as I can recall, the car seat was in their possession just not in that car, that day.

Look at the maps, had he been headed.to the theater, he would have turned RIGHT on hwy 41 and traveled south to the theater where he would turn left. There is a parking deck there.

Ross went STRAIGHT. across 41! To get to Uncle Maggios...

He wasn't headed to the movies ever.

Wow, great catch.

Yep, the only place he was headed to was his "big reveal"

Pretty sure I read about this from one of the random reddit pages I was checking out. The father cried and had to be put on watch, crying constantly during the procedings. It doesn't excuse what he did, but I think living with the fact you neglected your child and let him essentially melt to death in a car over a period of 7 hours is something jail isn't necessary for.

What he should do is approve a vasectomy and be unable to adopt, possibly removing himself of child custody while he undergoes treatment. I have never had a friend with a child forget about their responsibility, but it's my opinion treatment should be the option along with never being allowed to be unsupervised with kids again. I couldn't imagine forgetting my child, but it appears to me he doesn't need jail to be miserable over what he has done, and I doubt that he ever forgives himself.

Yeah, that did NOT happen. He never once showed emotion until his friends got on the stand and started talking about how great he was. He cried then. He also looked a little distraught when they revealed the evidence of his sexting behavior. He never shed one single tear when they spoke about his son. Neither did his wife. He only cried for himself and never for his son! It was disturbing to witness both of their behavior at the hearing.

http://youtu.be/Q8gU9zzCGA8

Rear facing car seats save many lives and prevent many head and spinal cord injuries. Just take a look at this video. It has a lot of good quotes from major studies/sources but at least fast forward to the crash testing and see the difference, I'd take car sickness over a spinal cord injury any day. I would just hate for less people to want to use rear facing seats from this story. Get a mirror and secure it over the child so you can see them while rear facing or leave your purse or phone in the backseat so you will never forget them back there. But never exchange forward facing seats for rear facing just to see your child!

I'm rearfacing my toddler until he absolutely can not fit rear facing anymore! I think he'll be able to until at least 3 years old! Hope that makes you feel better! This story does not negate the overwhelming evidence of the safety of extended rearfacing.

I still think it's very, very weird they had recently turned Cooper forward facing in a convertible seat and then turned him back around rear facing in an infant seat! It makes no sense! He was appropriately aged and sized to be FF. They had to know he had outgrown his old seat or they wouldn't have purchased a new one!

Of course... if the child fits the seat! To have a kid in a seat that is too small is certainly NOT safe, no matter which direction it faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

It isn't a legal car seat if it doesn't fit the child. And this one clearly was too small and I think it is what immediately triggered the cops' hinky meters. There was no way Cooper could have been secured in it with the straps in that "newborn" position. No way. His daddy was too busy wasting money on going out for breakfast, lunch and the movies to adjust the straps or invest in a suitable car seat.

Children under the age of 8 are required to be in either a car seat or a booster seat suitable for their age and height.

http://consumer.georgia.gov/consumer-topics/child-car-seats

Is there a picture of how small the car seat was? Was the child's head above the top of the seat?

What was stated was LE had to go on a trip, or was going on a trip Cooper, and the new car seat was with her. Apparently, they're trying to say they just hadn't bothered to put the new car seat back in RH car yet. As far as I can recall, the car seat was in their possession just not in that car, that day.

They can say whatever they want but the law requires the child be carried in a suitable car seat. If they could afford the car, they could afford the car seat. No excuses for breaking the law.

JMO

I would need to see a demo, but it seems to me it would be easier for him to say he forgot his kid in a FF seat placed directly behind him.

I would need to see a demo, but it seems to me it would be easier for him to say he forgot his kid in a FF seat placed directly behind him.

Well, it didn't turn out quite that easy considering the car seat wasn't supposed to be rear-facing if the child was Cooper's age. The guy made sure the baby wasn't in the car seat when cops arrived. He is a real moron if he even for a second thought cops would take one look at that car seat and believe his story.

JMO

Well, it didn't turn out quite that easy considering the car seat wasn't supposed to be rear-facing if the child was Cooper's age. The guy made sure the baby wasn't in the car seat when cops arrived. He is a real moron if he even for a second thought cops would take one look at that car seat and believe his story.

JMO

That is exactly my point. If his murder plan was to say he forgot about him, he used the wrong seat in the wrong position. But I need to see a demo of their new FF seat in his car to determine if that is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3