GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Angry? No way. I'm one of the last to get angry people you'll ever meet. Roll down those windows to your heart's content. Whatever makes you happy. I'm totally not being snarky. That's why I said I'm not going to argue about this issue. I would never, ever be angry about it :)
She's telling the TROOF about this! :love you:
It's great for the skin though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And curly hair.... I love me some Alabama humidity, even 7.5 months pregnant.
Wondering, if this guy was your brother...would you stand by him no matter what?
I'm not saying "defend" him...but still be his brother.

I'm an only child, so I honestly have no idea. But I THINK I would never be able to forgive & I believe I'd disown.

I've disowned my brother, and it wasn't even over something like murder! Blood is not always thicker than water.

There was another local (Alabama) case where the mother WAS charged. Ex-military mom, too. I'll be googling for that info.

Brings back memories of fellow websleuthers dragging each other nekkid across the bathroom floor during JA trial to reenact :(

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

We turned it into a game of who is the next Houdini. They wanted me to keep the straps attached to see who could free themselves quicker. This whole summer has been a summer of magic ( ie learning how to do tricks, going see magicians shows). They even strapped themselves, the other held up a sheet and the one strapped freed themselves as quickly as they could and crawl around the wall behind the sheet and come running out the hall. Screaming "Its Magic".

I really think he was hoping or planning on LH arriving at the daycare earlier than she did. Maybe she got stuck in a meeting or with a dialysis patient, or traffic. Something messed up his plan. His chatbox message asking her when she was picking Cooper up should have reminded him if this was accidental. There is reason he called his friends to tell them he would be late, but left work early. I think he was in a panic when it didn't go as planned. KWIM?

This makes sense to me. It explains why his " big reveal" plan was so easily derailed. So, did he want Leanne to find Cooper in his car in HD lot?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07/03/justin-harris-baby-hot-car-death-hearing

2. How does the day care operate? Do they call the parents if a child doesn't show up?

Stoddard testified that the day care sent Harris an e-mail. It apparently went unopened by him during his workday. Prosecutors then asked the detective about text messages and other messages they found on Harris' computer and phone. The messages revealed he was "sexting" with several young women during the day, including exchanging naked pictures with them.

My bold.

Did we know the email was unopened or is that HLN making stuff up again? I don't recall hearing that from Stoddard. :waitasec:

So another thing about LH reaction that has been bugging me. I was married to a complete narcissist who was living a secret life before and after our marriage. We had a realationship spanning 15 yrs. It took me YEARS to finally come out of the fog I had been living in and to realize things I knew as truth were lies and vice/versa. It is a total mind mess to live with someone like that. But the whole time my main concern was making him happy/not upsetting him, squelching my own life and wishes because he projected his faults as mine.
My first thoughts about LH were GUILTY but then some detail/fact made me think otherwise. This is a woman who may not have control over her life and has been mentally and emotionally tortured by his infidelities blaming herself and maybe the child. Again MOO and not necessarily condoning the actions.

I'm on the fence with LH (for the moment) however I also dated a Narcissist for over 5 years, luckily mostly a long-distance relationship. I became aware of indiscretions long after we started dating that I attributed to "we wen't going steady yet", and he also had my small circle of friends entranced as well.

I had a serious emotional investment, and only saw the light when I put myself back in university - in my own mind I was seeking to build up my academic status in his eyes, and suddenly when I started back to school, he immediately became emotionally distant, where previously he was controlling, but sort of "by proxy" - my plans would conflict with his, he would always make it an epic debate about how my plans would ruin everything "he had in mind for US..." which later was proven false...

Anyway, I spent the first 4 years of the relationship not realizing how much he manipulated things, I really thought I was independent minded, till I started seeing through, and started "reality checking" with friends outside his sphere of influence. You can have the little voice of doubt in your head and still ignore it, TRUST me.

In my own mind, when it comes to a child, that little voice should have been listened to in LH's situation, if that was the scenario. If the narcissist is subtle (not often but it happens) he might then try to get attention from Mom by proxy by martyring himself with all the little sacrifices and activities with the child i.e. "being a Dad is awesome, and we're going to do all these Father/Son things because I'm an awesome Dad!" but if that doesn't quite get the "feed" the narcissist wants, then the competition has to somehow be, for lack of gentler term, "excluded" somehow. It may be a passive-aggressive act on the narcissists' part but somehow the attention to the child impacts the narcissist's sense of status, and they can't abide it.

Way too early to think this happened here, but your post brought all my psychology research back to me on the topic. Some of it is touched on here:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-me-in-we/201203/when-narcissist-heads-the-household

I don't know... Ginger.... still looking and my phone makes it harder.

Couple things

I now have a callous/blister on my finger from holding my phone scrolling through posts on this case.

I'm a huge thanks button pusher, but not too frequent of a poster, but this case has struck me very hard. My own baby boy was killed by his dad, so I tried to give mom a lot of leeway, but that's gone now. I can't imagine not wanting to see your baby immediately after finding out they'd died! Even if one was able to consider what.. state they'd be in physically...appearance-wise, I'd want to see and hold my baby anyway no matter. I held and rocked and kissed my baby after he died and never wanted to let go...this is all so heart-wrenching!

Sigh

What kind of sick £#(% not only does this to their sweet baby, and not only does the research to know exactly how tortuous the death is, but then gets sexually aroused while it's happening? Rhetorical. So disgusted!

Couple things

I now have a callous/blister on my finger from holding my phone scrolling through posts on this case.

I'm a huge thanks button pusher, but not too frequent of a poster, but this case has struck me very hard. My own baby boy was killed by his dad, so I tried to give mom a lot of leeway, but that's gone now. I can't imagine not wanting to see your baby immediately after finding out they'd died! Even if one was able to consider what.. state they'd be in physically...appearance-wise, I'd want to see and hold my baby anyway no matter. I held and rocked and kissed my baby after he died and never wanted to let go...this is all so heart-wrenching!

Sigh

What kind of sick £#(% not only does this to their sweet baby, and not only does the research to know exactly how tortuous the death is, but then gets sexually aroused while it's happening? Rhetorical. So disgusted!

I am so very very sorry (((((( hugs))))))

And I agree with you. Her not wanting to go to her son convinced me completely that's she's complicit somehow.
IMO

I don't know... Ginger.... still looking and my phone makes it harder.
I see one article from December 2013 says going to trial in 2014.
I dunno, 2 tours in Afghanistan?
4mo old baby and 2 older girls.
I might have a real hard time finding her guilty.

Most I do feel need to serve time.
jmo

Couple things

Sigh

I am so sorry!

Indeed it is more often the case that one spouse murders, then the other spouse may join in after the fact to help cover it. I cannot think of any case where husband and wife premeditated before hand to kill their own child.

It doesn't prove anything about this case, but I did know someone who did this. Someone I went to school with got married and had a baby. A few months later, I heard that they had taken the baby with them to a drive-in movie, sprayed a can of bug spray in the car, and shut the door with the baby still inside. I never heard how long it took, but they did leave him in there until he was dead.

I ran into her several years later and she was about 8 months pregnant. Being the tactful person I am, I asked her how she could have another one after what she'd done to her first, and her response was that she had to do it because her husband didn't want kids and said he'd leave her if she didn't. I looked at her obviously pregnant body and asked if she was sure that her husband had changed his mind, and she just said no, she had changed husbands.

Back in school, I knew she wasn't the brightest light on the tree, but why didn't she think of "changing husbands" before agreeing to murder her own child? As far as I know, she turned out to be a good mother, but I never talked to her again. I'd like to think it was guilt that did it, but she died of a heart attack right around the time she turned 40.

It doesn't prove anything about this case, but I did know someone who did this. Someone I went to school with got married and had a baby. A few months later, I heard that they had taken the baby with them to a drive-in movie, sprayed a can of bug spray in the car, and shut the door with the baby still inside. I never heard how long it took, but they did leave him in there until he was dead.

I ran into her several years later and she was about 8 months pregnant. Being the tactful person I am, I asked her how she could have another one after what she'd done to her first, and her response was that she had to do it because her husband didn't want kids and said he'd leave her if she didn't. I looked at her obviously pregnant body and asked if she was sure that her husband had changed his mind, and she just said no, she had changed husbands.

Back in school, I knew she wasn't the brightest light on the tree, but why didn't she think of "changing husbands" before agreeing to murder her own child? As far as I know, she turned out to be a good mother, but I never talked to her again. I'd like to think it was guilt that did it, but she died of a heart attack right around the time she turned 40.

She didn't get charged for killing her first baby?

What a beautiful baby.. Only 5 days away from her 1 st bday too. I don't understand though, why they didn't press charges in this case? None?! From the article:
On that day, Luong began talking on her cell phone during the drive and forgot to stop at the babysitter's house. She continued talking on the phone while driving to work. Once at work, she picked up Gabriella's diaper bag and walked into her business while still talking on the phone.

While at work, Luong made several phone calls. At approximately 1:18 p.m., the babysitter called to ask if she was bringing Ella to her house. At that point, Luong realized that she had not taken the child to the babysitter's house, and that she was still in the car.

Ok. She was distracted by the cell phone. Still negligent! And, she Brought the Diaper bag into Work With Her! Hello? Being absent- minded is one thing, but when you bring in the baby bag, set it down, and Nothing Registers? I don't think this was intentional, but it may have caused another baby's death (Cooper) by a psychotic dad/ parents. :(.
And justice wouldn't be served by prosecuting her? How about making parents aware that it's criminally negligent to be so distracted by your phone that you leave your baby to roast in a car? Too many of these cases seem to involve parents who are on the phone while driving. This breaks my heart for that beautiful girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974