GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't need an att. to tell the truth on the stand,if I was totally innocent, especially a criminmal defense att. If I was innocent, no one could change my truth, not even my hubby's defense att. Guess we know where Cooper's life insurance is going. Did the little guy even get a gravestone?

Maybe she got an attorney because she knows what is going down here. She is expecting to be arrested and maybe hoping for a deal to be cut. Clearly her attorney would prefer her to turn on her husband and testify against him but if she had conspired with him to kill their son there is the fear that he might do the same.

I wouldn't need an att. to tell the truth on the stand,if I was totally innocent, especially a criminmal defense att. If I was innocent, no one could change my truth, not even my hubby's defense att. Guess we know where Cooper's life insurance is going. Did the little guy even get a gravestone?

Everyone that has a chance of being put on the spot or questioned by police or prosecutors so close to the murder should have attys if you ask me.

Try as I might, I cannot figure out why this woman that just lost her son that day would say this. "Did you say too much?" (in the article)

How do you say too much unless there is something to conceal?

Who reported she said that? I am curious the source of that quote.

After the light that was shone on her by the State during the prelim, I would have hired a lawyer that day if not before.

The insurance company will never pay out due to the murder investigation or even suspicion surrounding a death.

They will likely never see a dime.

Actually I knew that and posted it several threads back. The insurance co. will do an separate investigation.My point was, where are her loyalities? Cooper? Doofus? Herself? I doubt she will ever get a dime of that money, if she does it will be after the trial and she is totally cleared. Does Cooper have a headstone?

Who reported she said that? I am curious the source of that quote.

It came from the lead detectives mouth from the stand during the probable cause hearing.
It was a sworn statement.

He also stated it was recorded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet they would get good info if they talked to the parents and friends of the girlfriend who ditched him.

I know I would have plenty to say about my daughter's ex fiancee from 20 years ago who is a lot like JRH except my daughter's ex fiancee was good looking and had a good personality so he did not need the internet to get women. The pathological lying, inflating education and job changes every two years are the same as well as the going nowhere fast.

Actually I knew that and posted it several threads back. The insurance co. will do an separate investigation.My point was, where are her loyalities? Cooper? Doofus? Herself? I doubt she will ever get a dime of that money, if she does it will be after the trial and she is totally cleared. Does Cooper have a headstone?

IMO
Headstones take a long time.

It came from the lead detectives mouth from the stand during the probable cause hearing.
It was a sworn statement.

He also stated it was recorded.

Recorded? So she was heard saying this in front of police? Man would I love to hear that recording.

The youcaring spokesperson finally explains just what happened to the $22,000+ donated funds:

That online campaign disappeared sometime within the past week. "The campaign was recently removed from the site so that the controversy and debate surrounding the Harris matter did not become a distraction to the millions of other donors participating in a wide variety of active fundraiser currently taking place in our community,'' YouCaring.com spokesman Michael Blasco told AL.com. "As a donations-based crowd-funding platform, YouCaring does not pass judgment in pending legal matters related to our fundraising campaigns."

As for the money collected before the campaign was taken down, "The proceeds raised by the Harris family campaign were not withheld by YouCaring,'' Blasco said. "Payments are distributed immediately. Anyone wishing to have funds returned can contact PayPal support."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/fundraising_campaign_for_justi.html

bbm

That almost makes up for the life insurance policy that probably will not be paid out.

I really don't know for sure about the headstone. But I would imagine he does. And don't forget, in the early days of this case 22,000 was raised for both of them, when people were outraged that RH was arrested. It states that people will have to contact the admin of the fundraising sight asking for their money back and then STILL prove fraud after that. That makes me believe that they received most of those funds.....

I read something today about his Church doing a sermon about both of them recently. It pertained to trying to figure out how to "Still love them" and show mercy while praying for justice in the light of things......

Recorded? So she was heard saying this in front of police? Man would I love to hear that recording.

If it goes to trial, I'm quite sure you'll hear it;)

Yes...the two of them were reunited in a room they apparently thought was private! lol
Him with his background in "law enforcement" did not know that there is NO PRIVACY in a police station...

Lmao!

Try as I might, I cannot figure out why this woman that just lost her son that day would say this. "Did you say too much?" (in the article)

How do you say too much unless there is something to conceal?

JRH and LH are an odd and unlikable pair (to say the least), but I swear I can't understand how anyone would be that dumb to say, "Did you say too much" with the police standing there. I REALLY would love to see the whole context of this question.

Another thing I've been wondering about...JRH seems to be pretty LE-minded; I wonder if he ever read and/or posted on WS??

Maybe she got an attorney because she knows what is going down here. She is expecting to be arrested and maybe hoping for a deal to be cut. Clearly her attorney would prefer her to turn on her husband and testify against him but if she had conspired with him to kill their son there is the fear that he might do the same.

My point was, "if I were totally innocent" "no knowledge beforehand" I would NOT need a criminal defense att. I would know there is nothing to implicate me, and my child's funeral would be quiet, dignified, solemn, and my arrested father would not have got a call in.IMO

Everyone that has a chance of being put on the spot or questioned by police or prosecutors so close to the murder should have attys if you ask me.

People say that, but have you looked at the price of attorneys? You have to put a retainer.

A criminal trial can cost a million dollars, No doubt this one will

JRH and LH are an odd and unlikable pair (to say the least), but I swear I can't understand how anyone would be that dumb to say, "Did you say too much" with the police standing there. I REALLY would love to see the whole context of this question.

Another thing I've been wondering about...JRH seems to be pretty LE-minded; I wonder if he ever read and/or posted on WS??

They weren't standing knowingly in front of police. They were in a room with a two way mirror and recording devices.
They also placed Russ in that room alone and made him wait to be questioned. They watched & recorded his actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member