GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Animals in hot cars would bring up the same results, though. The first link...I don't even have to click it...says "Animals can sustain brain damage or even die from heatstroke in just 15 minutes". If he used animal instead of child to be less suspicious, you would think he would also omit the "to die" part.

Why would he search for animals dying in a hot car if he wanted to know how long it would take a child to die? All the results will be about animals, not children. Why would he search for something so incriminating on his work computer? I find it very unlikely the child was not dead at lunch. He could either discover him then or after work. Looking up hot car accidents was just unnecessary.

Because the process is nearly the same. In both cases, it takes as little as 15 minutes for life threatening brain and kidney damage to occur in both children and animals. I do a lot of animal advocacy work and many of the memes we circulate include "children and animals" as part of the general message.

Now, if he performed this search at 9:15am... that's the smoking gun. I don't think he did it at lunch time. By that time, it was too late...

Being loving and responsible parent is in the eye of the beholder.
Nobody knows what goes on in someone's mind.

Exactly... and how many times have we heard the excuse that they did it BECAUSE they loved their children so much? You can't understand a deranged or delusional mind and how it works.

Pretty much every news article's comments section had people who knew Harris defending him.

I have seen nothing about comments or opinions from coworkers. It seems to me, they were talking about family and close friends. While coworkers can become close friends, he worked with a lot of people.

I am interested in the coworkers who have an unbiased view about his behavior that day. Very curious about the people who worked in close proximity to him.

Because the process is nearly the same. In both cases, it takes as little as 15 minutes for life threatening brain and kidney damage to occur in both children and animals. I do a lot of animal advocacy work and many of the memes we circulate include "children and animals" as part of the general message.

Now, if he performed this search at 9:15am... that's the smoking gun. I don't think he did it at lunch time. By that time, it was too late...

But if he did the search upon retuning to the building from his car, he didn't KNOW it was too late...clearly. I really want to know when that search was done.

Just to add: I also work with animals and I am amazed that people have no clue how long it takes. And I live in a HOT climate. I feel it should be common sense!

So instead of calling 911, your opinion is that this "loving and responsible' parent went back to the office to do internet searches, while he wasn't even sure that the child was dead?

Don't but words in my mouth... I was talking about other cases and cases in general.

I said in another post if he searched after it was probably to cover up his grave mistake. Considering he first said the child choked its not a far fetched theory. I never said I believe or don't believe him to be a loving parent. I don't know this man.

I have seen nothing about comments or opinions from coworkers. It seems to me, they were talking about family and close friends. While coworkers can become close friends, he worked with a lot of people.

I am interested in the coworkers who have an unbiased view about his behavior that day. Very curious about the people who worked in close proximity to him.

HLn reached out to many people, did background checks and said on air they can't find one price of dirt on this guy. Its nuts but everyone who knows him that has commented to media or on articles have had nothing but nice positive things to say. Its confusing to say the least.

I would LOVE to hear from a co-worker. Seems as no one wants to get involved.

How would you tell if someone deliberately left their child in the car vs. forgot the child in the car?

Well, in this case, LE knew that he went out to eat before, that he knew his son was in the car just a couple of minutes before, that he went out to check the car at lunchtime, that he didn't go right to daycare afterwards to pick him up, that he drove a few miles with his dead son in the car, how he acted when he found Cooper, and of course, the searches. Look at all the mistakes he made. I am sure LE always launches an investigation, and especially if there was any motive, or if the parent's demeanor is off. He seems like a relatively smart (or at least educated) guy, and he was arrested within 5 hours.

I wonder if he was so careless because he assumed they would take his word, and wouldn't launch any extensive investigation.

How would you tell if someone deliberately left their child in the car vs. forgot the child in the car?

Maybe someone near by had a dash cam and it recorded Daddy kissing his son goodbye or wave at him though the wondow???

Pretty much every news article's comments section had people who knew Harris defending him.

I looked through comments on MSM last night and this morning and found only one guy who'd "met" him "once" and thought he seemed like a nice guy. He defended Harris until someone asked about the internet search and then he backed off immediately saying he'd only met him once.:facepalm: Maybe there was more earlier on that I didn't see. I'm sure there were tons initially as is evidenced by the support fund. But recently?

Also, I guess I was thinking more about people being on the news, JVM, NG, etc.

But if he did the search upon retuning to the building from his car, he didn't KNOW it was too late...clearly. I really want to know when that search was done.

Just to add: I also work with animals and I am amazed that people have no clue how long it takes. And I live in a HOT climate. I feel it should be common sense!

I'd also like to know exactly how long he was at his car during this break... that combined with the details of the search will help sway my opinion one way or the other.

Maybe someone near by had a dash cam and it recorded Daddy kissing his son goodbye or wave at him though the wondow???

I'm also interested to see if anyone at the restaurant witnesses the father and son together or if there is parking lot footage showing them getting back in car

Well, in this case, LE knew that he went out to eat before, that he knew his son was in the car just a couple of minutes before, that he went out to check the car at noon, that he didn't go right to daycare afterwards to pick him up, that he drove a few miles with his dead son in the car, how he acted when he found Cooper, and of course, the searches. Look at all the mistakes he made. I am sure LE always launches an investigation, and especially if there was any motive, or if the parent's demeanor is off. He seems like a relatively smart (or at least educated) guy, and he was arrested within 5 hours.

Noon has not been mentioned has it? Lunch time, I have seen... but as I said yesterday, for me, that's 2:30'ish. That's another piece of information that would be helpful to know. If lunch was at 11:30, the odor may not have been as strong as it would have been at 1:30.

I think if they had that, they could charge him with premeditated murder. EASILY.

Noon has not been mentioned has it? Lunch time, I have seen... but as I said yesterday, for me, that's 2:30'ish. That's another piece of information that would be helpful to know. If lunch was at 11:30, the odor may not have been as strong as it would have been at 1:30.

Yeah, I edited my post....Noon has not been mentioned, I just put it in replacement for lunchtime w/o thinking.

I think they lawyered up moment one. I'm sure they are being told not to talk.

With that said, I don't blame the mother. She is going through hell. I think talking to the public would be the last thing on my mind.

And just FTR, like you, I don't blame the mother at all for not speaking publicly. If something were to happen to one of my children, I'm sure I would not be able to function, much less answer questions on TV! My post was in no way directed at the mother (or even the immediate family)--and I don't think that you thought it was either--but I don't want anyone to come along later and misconstrue my intentions on it. :peace:

I think (MOO) that the reason for juries going easy on this type of crime is the "But for the grace of God go I" thinking of the general public. Remember before MADD and SADD etc. that DUI with a death was hard to get a conviction because of the same thinking. As long as the public continues to think this way the situation will continue.

Homicide is manner because he died as a result of another persons actions. Apparently "accident" is reserved for accidents inflicted by your own actions? I don't know very confusing.
RSBM

If a person drives drunk and kills someone I think it's called "manslaughter". If a person knowingly (intoxicated or not) aims their car at someone and mows them down, killing them, it's called "vehicular homicide"...I think.
For Mr. Harris to be charged with homicide seems to indicate law enforcement is certain Cooper was murdered.
:moo:

Usually lunch is at 11 to 1. 2:30 would be very late for lunch.

I think (MOO) that the reason for juries going easy on this type of crime is the "But for the grace of God" thinking of the general public. Remember before MADD and SADD etc. that DUI with a death was hard to get a conviction because of the same thinking. As long as the public continues to think this way the situation will continue.
RSBM

Interesting point, Jayarre.
True about the "But for the grace of God" ; I've thought that myself in some situations. But deliberately leaving my beautiful child to die an agonizing death in a hot car, all while knowing he was there....I will never be one of those people.

We don't know all of the facts yet.
And I've been wrong before and rushed to quickly to judgement.
And if I'm wrong about Mr. Harris, I apologize.
But thus far, it does NOT look good for him ,imo.
:moo:

I'm willing to bet that Dad, prior to stopping vehicle where he did, poured water over his child to give the appearance that he was alive/recently alive. If Dad claimed he'd been choking, maybe he wanted to give the appearance that child was struggling (read: ALIVE) so much due to choking that he had worked up a sweat. Or sadly, maybe there was blood somewhere on the child's face that he didn't want anyone to see so he quickly dumped a bottle of water on him to wash it off. ?

Sorry if this has been suggested as I haven't caught up. I had the awful thought that if there was any water involved maybe dad was trying to cool bubba down so he wasn't overly warm to responders touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member