GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. this is a really surprising post.

i've read this thread from the start and the only respectable thing about it has been the comments from jeannat, judicious something-or-other (sorry), and karmady. it is SHOCKING to me, the tone of this thread on this particular forum. seriously.

Not only that, but if what LE thinks about the defendant is determined by the charges they think they can prove, LE doesn't think he's a "murderer" in the sense that he intended to kill the child. LE thinks they can prove he was criminally negligent -- that's it. At least at the moment.

I just have a few questions....

1. Has it been confirmed that the dad did, in fact, do an internet search for how long it takes an animal to die in a hot car; and, if so....

2. How do the supporters of the dad explain that?

Thank you. :)

ETA: Well, there are several news stories that affirm that the dad did, in fact, do the internet search...I don't know how credible they are...but here is one: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...k-car-toddler-died-backseat-article-1.1843382

I really see no reason why he would search for "how long does it take an animal to die". It just makes no sense to me. If he was worried about LE taking a look at the search results, he wouldn't do the search, not just change one of the words.

Imo he typed in the search for dogs dying to get an estimation of time for his son..., He likely didnt want a coworker to see what he was searching.
I also dont think he thought cops would doubt his story about his dead son.

I can't find a link regarding who normally picked up and dropped off period but it's cumbersome to search on my phone. If anyone has it handy, would you mind posting? Ty
I'm pretty sure I have read every single post and I have seen that Mom usually picks Cooper up, but I don't think I have ever seen a time.

If the 2:30 time is true, I think the mom and dad have some 'splainin' to do.

My understanding is that the internet search story originates from reporter Randy Travis with the local Fox affiliate in Atlanta based on a law enforcement source that wishes to remain anonymous.

I'm pretty sure I have read every single post and I have seen that Mom usually picks Cooper up, but I don't think I have ever seen a time.

I don't remember seeing a time, either. The only time I've seen 2:30 referenced was in connection with the time one poster takes lunch.

This was something I could have sworn I read somewhere but maybe I'm losing my mind. Lol I did try to search but without a laptop it's just a pain. I'd like to see a link to the info regarding who picks up and drops off too as it was early on I read that, but I'm having a hard time finding that as well right now.

Did someone say Tangerine yet?

Boy we got the whole bowl of fruit going on in this conversation.

has anyone ever found video of the presser in its entirety? I was curious about someone mentioning the heard the information officer stating that there was a very distinct and overwhelming smell in teh vehicle on their arrival.

I appreciate all who paraphrased what they heard in the presser but I really would love to hear it first hand and really give it some attention, pulling exact quote to relevant issues being discussed.

Thanks
In
Advance

to any who has located a link. I have not found it, hoping it will show up on youtube eventually.

I don't know where you can find the video of the press conference.

Early on in the thread, I quoted the PIO by typing what he said after rewinding/freezing the dvr. I can't look for it now, but it should be under my user name. I've tried to be very conscientious about noting when I was quoting the officer and when I was recalling.

What we know so far:
Feel free to add or correct. I'm trying to avoid theories and speculation so feel free to correct me if I have included something I shouldn't. If info was provided by a friend of Ross comment on an article I will add a star*. For now I will consider their input. I will add a * for any expert commentary regarding what's been released as well.

1) Cooper and Ross have breakfast at Chicfila.
2) Ross puts child back into rear facing carseat
3) Father drives the .2/.5 miles to work estimated to take 4 mins in traffic instead of the 2 miles to the child's daycare center he normally drops him off at everyday.
4) Sometime after 9am Ross goes into his office building leaving Cooper alone in the car.
5) Even if Ross happened to go in as late as 9:30am, it has been said Copper probably died between 10:30am and 11am at the latest. *
6) Ross returns to his car at lunch to place something inside. He does so by opening driver side door. Lunch time has not been specified.
7)4:23 Police respond to a 911 call at the shopping center. Ross claims to witnesses and police he felt the child had been choking so he pulled over for help and started CPR.
8) Cooper pronounced dead. Ross is said to have been extremely distraught from the time he pulled into the parking lot screaming "what have I done"with conflicting reviews about his sincerity/ believability from witnesses.
9) Cooper was said to have been stiff holding the shape of his body in the sitting position of a car seat. Blue/ Gray in color. Clearly deceased for sometime and had visibly wet hair and clothes.
10) Ross notified wife and is later taken into custody for questioning. Cops have said they knew his choking story was BS right away but haven't released exactly when he confirm he left him in the car on accident.
11) 10pm -Ross is arrested and booked for felony murder in Coopers death. First degree child cruelty sighted as felony charge
12) Morning after- Ross pleads not guilty
13) Police allude to there being more to this case than a typical car death accident.
14) By all accounts Ross has a happy marriage, loves being a dad and no one has a bad word to report regarding his person.
15) Police point out his inconsistencies and release arrest warrants and COD and Manner of Death. Hyperthermia and Homicide
16) Cruelty charges down graded to 2nd degree from first. Intent no longer an issue
17) Police reveal a search for " how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car" was madr on Ross's work computer but no confirmation can be made regarding to the time and date of the search.

Clarifications from news and friends on stuff I keep seeing addressed-
1) Ross dropped Cooper off everyday at daycare and mom picked up because she only worked part time. The schedules and times they work are still unknown variables.
2) Daycare was not connected to the building Ross physically worked in. It was close but he worked in a Satellite office not the location considered to be onsite to the daycare.
3)Time of death is not confirmed but experts place it shortly after child is left alone.
4) It is recommended children sit in a rear facing car seat until 2 years of age. This is not the law but a preferred by pediatrician's.Cooper faces the rear with the seat in the center.

I'm typing on a phone so please forgive any typos.

I'm suspicious about the internet "search"... Search implies a very active process... I suspect they found something in history and it leaked out as "search"... None the less, there could be credible reasons to search this... I did see a story where a man identified as the father of Harris was outside Harris's home walking a dog...and hot car dog stories have been ubiquitous in the news and social networks in the past two months.

Ok, well I guess I'm mistaken regarding the time. If it wasn't 2:30 then I'd be interested to know what the normal pick up time was then and also which was in charge of picking up on that particular day.

This is where I'm confused. Supposedly mom always picked up around 2:30pm. If this was the case that day, she would have shown at the daycare and Cooper would not of been there. Frantic calls would have ensued. If that day Josh was in charge but it wasn't normally his routine, it seems she would of touched base with him during the day as a reminder.

Without knowing the schedules of both parents its hard to know. I'm assuming since he called her from the scene around 4:30 she was either about to get him or on her way. Ross works as a referee so who knows what his after work hours are. But we can only speculate

What we know so far:
Feel free to add or correct. I'm trying to avoid theories and speculation so feel free to correct me if I have included something I shouldn't. If info was provided by a friend of Ross comment on an article I will add a star*. For now I will consider their input. I will add a * for any expert commentary regarding what's been released as well.

1) Cooper and Ross have breakfast at Chicfila.
2) Ross puts child back into rear facing carseat
3) Father drives the .2/.5 miles to work estimated to take 4 mins in traffic instead of the 2 miles to the child's daycare center he normally drops him off at everyday.
4) Sometime after 9am Ross goes into his office building leaving Cooper alone in the car.
5) Even if Ross happened to go in as late as 9:30am, it has been said Copper probably died between 10:30am and 11am at the latest. *
6) Ross returns to his car at lunch to place something inside. He does so by opening driver side door. Lunch time has not been specified.
7)4:23 Police respond to a 911 call at the shopping center. Ross claims to witnesses and police he felt the child had been choking so he pulled over for help and started CPR.
8) Cooper pronounced dead. Ross is said to have been extremely distraught from the time he pulled into the parking lot screaming "what have I done"with conflicting reviews about his sincerity/ believability from witnesses.
9) Cooper was said to have been stiff holding the shape of his body in the sitting position of a car seat. Blue/ Gray in color. Clearly deceased for sometime and had visibly wet hair and clothes.
10) Ross notified wife and is later taken into custody for questioning. Cops have said they knew his choking story was BS right away but haven't released exactly when he confirm he left him in the car on accident.
11) 10pm -Ross is arrested and booked for felony murder in Coopers death. First degree child cruelty sighted as felony charge
12) Morning after- Ross pleads not guilty
13) Police allude to there being more to this case than a typical car death accident.
14) By all accounts Ross has a happy marriage, loves being a dad and no one has a bad word to report regarding his person.
15) Police point out his inconsistencies and release arrest warrants and COD and Manner of Death. Hyperthermia and Homicide
16) Cruelty charges down graded to 2nd degree from first. Intent no longer an issue
17) Police reveal a search for " how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car" was madr on Ross's work computer but no confirmation can be made regarding to the time and date of the search.

Clarifications from news and friends on stuff I keep seeing addressed-
1) Ross dropped Cooper off everyday at daycare and mom picked up because she only worked part time. The schedules and times they work are still unknown variables.
2) Daycare was not connected to the building Ross physically worked in. It was close but he worked in a Satellite office not the location considered to be onsite to the daycare.
3)Time of death is not confirmed but experts place it shortly after child is left alone.
4) It is recommended children sit in a rear facing car seat until 2 years of age. This is not the law but a preferred by pediatrician's.Cooper faces the rear with the seat in the center.

I'm typing on a phone so please forgive any typos.

BBM. I am still seeing conflicting information on that. I read articles today stating that it was at his physical location and a read an article saying satellite.

I don't know where you can find the video of the press conference.

Early on in the thread, I quoted the PIO by typing what he said after rewinding/freezing the dvr. I can't look for it now, but it should be under my user name. I've tried to be very conscientious about noting when I was quoting the officer and when I was recalling.

please do not misunderstand. I do sincerely appreciate those who transcribe or paraphrase. It allows me to check in quickly on a case I am following.

But I am a very direct quote driven gal. Its just part of my method for keeping straight what is extrapolated after pages of discussion and as threads close and new ones open, I like to have bookmarked direct quotes of all players in a case.

1.) That "search" is rumored and could be the result of a click-through and we don't know when it transpired.

2.) It is extremely plausible that he put an item in the car and did not see the child. ...AND it has been reported that he did state this fact in interview.

3.) If it was planned, he would have been better off with the mother going to daycare and getting the child. That timing makes no difference in this case.

4.) Where he pulled over and his state of mind and denial have no bearing on his guilt or innocence.

5.) I'm not sure where the smell of the car comes in. I have researched this case and am unaware of a smell issue.

It is most plausible that this is simply another hot car incident.

NO it is not more plausible this is merely a hot car case.
Dad and baby left cfa, were in the car only a couple of minutes.....dad didnt just forget his child. Where he pulled ioff after leaving work has a great bearing on this case....he drove to air the car out a bit, imoo. He stopped where he did to draw attention to his ahem choking child.

please do not misunderstand. I do sincerely appreciate those who transcribe or paraphrase. It allows me to check in quickly on a case I am following.

But I am a very direct quote driven gal. Its just part of my method for keeping straight what is extrapolated after pages of discussion and as threads close and new ones open, I like to have bookmarked direct quotes of all players in a case.

Which direct quote are you hoping for? I bookmarked a few things yesterday.

If her career is nutrition, I believe she was very attentive to what the baby was fed.
Taking him and feeding him a good healthy breakfast (being responsible for the child's last meal- like he was headed t .death row) if this was preplanned... would have been an eff u to them mom.
imo
maybe not.

In GA people believe it or not feel Chicfila is the healthier choice in the fast food world. I know plenty of health nuts that bring their children there as a treat. Not sure this indicates anything other than they had breakfast that morning opposed to going straight to daycare.

In GA people believe it or not feel Chicfila is the healthier choice in the fast food world. I know plenty of health nuts that bring their children there as a treat. Not sure this indicates anything other than they had breakfast that morning opposed to going straight to daycare.

People in Ohio think Chik-Fil-A offers healthier alternatives, too. :)

I just have a few questions....

1. Has it been confirmed that the dad did, in fact, do an internet search for how long it takes an animal to die in a hot car; and, if so....

2. How do the supporters of the dad explain that?

Thank you. :)

ETA: Well, there are several news stories that affirm that the dad did, in fact, do the internet search...I don't know how credible they are...but here is one: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...k-car-toddler-died-backseat-article-1.1843382
I heard them say 2 computers during the WSB 6:00 news. LE has both his home and work computers.
Obviously they served a search warrant on the home, I never heard about it.
Perhaps his personal computer/ laptop was in the SUV?
moo

I think that's pretty universal. I hear a lot of people say that it's healthier.
The only thing that would stick out to me with breakfast, is if they both ate at home first, they didn't really anything and it was to appear as a loving father out with his boy, or this is not something they ever do and he has really no explanation for why that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave