GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense attorney: Dad's story about toddler doesn't add up

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25882323/defense-attorney

I think there's a pretty good chance that even if the death was an acccident, he tried to lie to cover it up. This guy isn't speaking to the story not adding up prior to the defendant leaving his office in the afternoon -- which is the part I'm interested in (not saying no one else should be interested. Just my pov)

Please don't hate me for saying this, but I actually hope he was drugged into unconsciousness. It would be a much easier death than what that poor baby had to go through. :(

and more or less simultaneously downgraded the charges...that's very interesting, too, imo.

Charges can be fluid as new evidence comes to light. I have seen this as a rule not an exception. I think the public outcry forced their (LE) hand before they'd finished building their case (not for arrest, for successful trial) This case is too hot, too visible and there is too much press to quietly continue to investigate. So the monster began eating itself.

JMO

I think there's a pretty good chance that even if the death was an acccident, he tried to lie to cover it up. This guy isn't speaking to the story not adding up prior to the defendant leaving his office in the afternoon -- which is the part I'm interested in (not saying no one else should be interested. Just my pov)

I think there's an almost certain chance that Harris had an absolute break with reality and remained in a delusional state if not psychotic. His statements to police should be viewed in that light.

I wonder if the family asked for the devices back which contained the photos or if they were denied or even thought to request someone from LE download copies of family photos onto a memory stick for them.

I mean LE don't have to do that but I cannot imagine why they would not try to accommodate a grieving family.

Personally I think the police shock statement is he went to the car and claims he didnt know the boy was still in there and the search on the computer. I don't think there is anymore major pieces of evidence that they are sitting on. Could be more to come I just don't think they have found it if more shocking incriminating evidence is to be found

I still think there may be evidence from the daycare center. If a child does not show up as scheduled - they will call. From what I have read/seen on local TV - the daycare was a provision of Home Depot. Therefore, being a corporate daycare, I assume it is run in a very professional and exacting manner. (Not like leaving child at someone's home).

If the father always dropped Cooper each morning, it make sense they would call him when he failed to arrive (also as he was the Home Depot employee). If LE interviewed daycare and they stated that they were told something untrue - that *could be* another incriminating piece of evidence that is out there.

I have not seen this anywhere - I am just throwing out another scenario or possible witness statement. imo

I am really trying to keep up, but only had time to read a few pages since this morning. Something that I can't get out of my mind....

It is just much easier for my brain to believe that a father would murder his child (it happens daily, all over the world, unfortunately) than he not only forgot his child in the morning, but then entered his car TWICE without having his memory jogged AND we have witness reports that the car STUNK.

Anyone here ever smell death? There is nothing like it. No way did he not even notice it. NO WAY.

I was on the fence for about 5 minutes with this case.

Also not buying that it was all an accident and then dad strolled back into work to search the internet and concoct a cover story. That is so far-fetched. Who would do that? Who could notice that they accidentally killed their baby and then just go about their day?

IMO, intentional murder is the only thing that makes sense here. We'll see what the final charges end up being.

I think there's an almost certain chance that Harris had an absolute break with reality and remained in a delusional state. His statements to police should be viewed in that light.

not sure I am understanding. Almost certain conveys to me a near certainty. Chance conveys to me possible but not likely. Are you thinking its almost certain he had a break or there is a chance he did?

I still think there may be evidence from the daycare center. If a child does not show up as scheduled - they will call. From what I have read/seen on local TV - the daycare was a provision of Home Depot. Therefore, being a corporate daycare, I assume it is run in a very professional and exacting manner. (Not like leaving child at someone's home).

If the father always dropped Cooper each morning, it make sense they would call him when he failed to arrive (also as he was the Home Depot employee). If LE interviewed daycare and they stated that they were told something untrue - that *could be* another incriminating piece of evidence that is out there.

I have not seen this anywhere - I am just throwing out another scenario or possible witness statement. imo

Oh wow!!!! I hadn't even considered the perceived civil liability at Home Depot!

This article claims the warrant stated Ross went back to his car 3 hours after arriving at work to put something in his car. I can not find that anywhere in anything released? That puts it around noon if true. Or do we think the reporter is assuming lunch time = noon so they went with it?

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/warrant-father-who-left-child-hot-car-checked-vehi/ngR9s/

The warrant states "during lunch"' not a specific time.

Link to warrant below --

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/06/25/Justin_Harris_14w5669-2_1.pdf

not sure I am understanding. Almost certain conveys to me a near certainty. Chance conveys to me possible but not likely. Are you thinking its almost certain he had a break or there is a chance he did?

My wording might have been hyperbolic, but if it happened to me I would be Moses or whatever I had to be to escape the reality of what was happening. I would be absolutely nuts! Absolutely!

Whoa. They can find someone to make them a copy can't they? Glad I upload and store my pictures elsewhere. That way I can acces them from anywhere. IT guy wouldn't do this as well? Flickr, Cloud something?
I am not computer savvy.
I don't know how it should be done.
moo

Family attorney requested them on a flash drive but LE said this is an ongoing investigation and it's evidence.

He went back to his car sometime that day and put something in the car.

Maybe a water bottle............an air freshener.......cell phone?
OR did he go to his car to see if Cooper was still alive?

Harris has worked at Home Depot for two years.
Catherine H. Woodling said he worked "on our .com business, but I'm not sure what his title is."

He held jobs at the University of Alabama from August 2001 until May 2006 as a parking monitor and later as a mail delivery clerk, said Cathy Andreen, university director of media relations.

He worked as a police dispatcher in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, from June 10, 2006, to May 22, 2009, according to Police Department spokesman Sgt. Brent Blankley. He said the department would confirm only Harris' tenure, and not any details from his work history, so we don't know why he left the job"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/26/justice/georgia-toddler-death-father/
Jobs past 10+ years...
Parking monitor UAB
Mail delivery clerk UAB
911 dispatch Tuscaloosa
Home Depot ".com" Atlanta

hmm...

The daycare at Home Depot seems to be called Little Apron Academy and appears to be managed as a concession by Bright Horizons. The question above posted by Judy Bolton made me wonder about their policies and if they were followed. I haven't had time to dig, but The Lawyers at Home Depot are most certainly scrambling to figure out their liability in this tragedy -- if any.

http://child-care-preschool.brighthorizons.com/GA/Atlanta/thd/

"He's refusing visitors to the Cobb County jail -- including CNN. His family isn't talking, and his attorney has not returned repeated telephone calls from CNN..

Is he refusing to see his own family? Are they considered visitors? I have no idea.

My sister was in Cobb County jail a few times and inmates have to complete a form listing people who are allowed to visit. I think you can only list so many people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harris has worked at Home Depot for two years.
Catherine H. Woodling said he worked "on our .com business, but I'm not sure what his title is."

He held jobs at the University of Alabama from August 2001 until May 2006 as a parking monitor and later as a mail delivery clerk, said Cathy Andreen, university director of media relations.

He worked as a police dispatcher in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, from June 10, 2006, to May 22, 2009, according to Police Department spokesman Sgt. Brent Blankley. He said the department would confirm only Harris' tenure, and not any details from his work history, so we don't know why he left the job"

Jobs past 10+ years...
Parking monitor
Mail delivery
911 dispatch
Home Depot ".com"

hmm...

Well obviously he moved from Alabama to Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee