GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get double-indemnity on life insurance for children?
That's an excellent question. I don't know. If it was mentioned back then I don't remember. My Mom died on accident and my BIL took care of the business end while we took care of everything else. He pointed out we were entitled to the double indemnity. Myself and 2 Sibs mulled it over as we were not told when notifying the Insurance Company. We finally decided our Parents had worked hard all their lives and paid into it. I made the call and we were entitled. It was a tough call for me to make as I didn't want to appear greedy. I resigned to the fact it was not their money (Insurance Co.) and we each took a large portion and donated to causes that meant something to each of us.

Chris on Facebook: "As someone who believed they knew Ross Harris." This is from our Facebook, somebody who knows this defendant, writing in.

Chris: "As someone who believed they knew Ross Harris, I just want to throw up my apologies for ever defending him. I knew a ghost, or someone who never existed."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But I want to go to right now a very special exclusive guest. We`re talking to Chris, Chris had called us -- contacted us on Facebook saying that you believe you knew Ross Harris. What was your reaction as somebody who knows this man -- this defendant? When you found out that while his child was roasting to death in a hot car he was -- according to cops sexting six different women and sending photos of his erect member, and I`m sorry to be so (inaudible) but that`s what it was to these -- some of these women.

CHRIS WILKERSON, KNOWS JUSTIN ROSS HARRIS: That`s an understatement.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You said you were stunned?

WILKERSON: Stunned. I mean this just totally. The whole story is just totally not what we knew of Ross Harris. (Inaudible) of us who knew him, (inaudible) were angry with people that commented because I was like you don`t know this guy. And I know this is horrible and I can`t explain how it happened. Don`t have any explanation for how it happened. But I can tell you if it happened to this guy it could happen to anybody. And now, I just don`t even know what to say. I mean.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Did you know they had an unhappy marriage and that they were having intimacy problems? And that is according to the wife they were having intimacy problems.

WILKERSON: Well, you know, I never met her to be fair. So, I won`t comment on she said or hasn`t said, but I knew Ross. I met Cooper one time.

He brought him back to visit (inaudible). You know, I`d still be shocked to hear that because by all indications everything -- I mean this is a good couple.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yeah, well nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors. And I`ll tell you from my own personal experience, Chris, sometimes when people act perfect that is when the most toxic secrets are hidden behind that perfect exterior. What do you make of his.

WILKERSON: They weren`t like that. They, you know, like every other couple I`m sure they had their issues. But, you know, you thought that they were loving parents. Cooper was the light of their eye. They fought to have him. And for this to happen, it was just so unfathomable, and then to hear all this on top of it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Would you say that his friends who gave him a standing ovation at his funeral feel betrayed at the son`s funeral when he called in from jail and he got a standing ovation now that all this has come out about is sexting allegedly and all sorts of other stuff? Do you think they feel betrayed for standing up for this guy?

WILKERSON: Again, I wouldn`t presume to speak for anybody else. I don`t know. I wasn`t there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Do you feel betrayed?

WILKERSON: Yes. But, you know, save your out rage for the betrayal for that little boy who was betrayed by people who should have protected him.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Chris, well, I want to thank you for taking the time to call us. And I know it`s emotional and difficult. You know, sometimes we wonder, do we know anyone? Do we ever really know anyone? You think you have a friend, you know him and then they do something that you can`t comprehend.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/ijvm.01.html

"but there's no malicious intent" is the sort of answer someone who had worked in dispatch for the police force might say in relation to a charge where they really did not mean to cause harm but they knew that the charge included maliciousness.. so I am not seeing this as a big red flag

"Did you say too much" was what LH said to JH. It does sound suspicious that she said that.. It definitely would support the allegation that she was in on it.

I think Stoddard said the drive took "less than 2 minutes".

I was thinking about the malicious intent comment and my impression is he said it because he had thought about the outcome and that he would not be in trouble because there was "no malicious intent".

I think the defense might say he got the term from hanging around his 20 year in LE brother.

The Cobb County Magistrate's Office today released 18 new search warrants in the case against Tuscaloosa native Justin Ross Harris, 33. Harris is charged with murder and child cruelty in the June 18 death of Cooper.

"Through the investigation Harris has made comments to family members regarding a life insurance policy that he has on Cooper and what they need to do in order to file for it,'' according to one of the search warrant affidavits.

bbm

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_talked_to_f.html

Couldn't even imagine how this was going to get any worse...and BAM.. It does.

And I bet it's just the tip of the iceberg!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to throw this in before the site goes off line. So I haven't read this thread yet.

I've been thinking of Detective Phil Stoddard a lot and I really just am so impressed with him and how much confidence he displayed on the stand. Even when the smarmy Defense Attorney tried to make it seem like he was biased or that others thought RH was emotional etc. Stoddard didn't get ruffled or defensive. He just plodded ahead in tenacity and was very convincing.

One thing that I was thinking about was when he said he was present during the autopsy for Cooper. And I think he decided in that autopsy room to get justice for Cooper. Even the way he said his name during testimony, he said with a sense of protectiveness. And was pointed during Tricia's radio show yesterday, neither RH or LH referred to the boy by name during his funeral. They objectified him and distanced him.

But Stoddard's way of speaking of Cooper was very protective. I really think Stoddard is making it his mission to get justice for this little boy based on the trauma he went through.

I was really impressed with him too. He will be a strong advocate for justice for Cooper. I believe he's the 1 that IMO originally called(privately within LE) it that daddy was a murderer. Justin better be very afraid. :jail: Mommy too!

Jodi was warned by Det. Flores, "you do not want to go up against Mr. Martinez" How'd that work for you Jodi?:jail:

Yep. In front of several witnesses who tried to tell her that something else might have happened to which she replied "No, he left him in the car."

Also when she called her mother and told her what happened the detective said he could hear her mother screaming at her through the phone "Why are you acting like this? Why aren't you reacting" and she said "I must be in shock I guess."

Gosh she could have googled how to react

Marking spot on new server

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

>>

It is my belief that JH DID get through to the Daycare - his first call (to her cell) failed, and second call to Home Depot corporate went to voicemail but he called the Daycare number and the call lasted I think 6 mins. I think he told Leanna what had happened at that point. Giving her the benefit of the doubt - If I had just heard that news I would not be able to drive at that point. I believe the police told her to wait where she was and they came to the Daycare to interview her.

The defense explores this. One of the DC workers drove LH to the TH and she was interviewed by the police there first.

I think when you've actually dealt with a sociopath or a NPD type person that the whole world thinks is wonderful and get burned badly, you look back on why you were so easily duped and you can see those issues in other people as well much more easily. It's funny my prediction of this guy was that he "escaped through the internet" "watching videos or something" and that he was depressed and not that interested in his son based on that picture. Well now we know exactly what he was escaping himself into. It's creepy.

The only reason I'm not 100% on the bandwagon that his wife was involved is that she looks like a delusional moron to me. If he told her he was having psychic dreams about him leaving the child in the car, she's probably too stupid to realize that "it ain't a premonition sweetie" when the kid shows up missing from day care a few days later. But I'm pretty much 98% sure she's involved because I trust Detective Stoddard's judgement.

One last thing I thought was ironic

Don't you all think it's very weird that the witness who testified that RH was sincere in his reaction to the death of his son was extremely melodramatic and fake sounding on the witness stand? I mean I wanted the guy to go away, we was totally uncredible and seemed like he enjoyed the attention.

If I was the DA and he was a witness again I'd ask him this "Mr. So So, how would you characterize your testimony right now? Would you say that you are coming across as sincere or melodramatic." Just him saying his own behavior looked "sincere" would show the jury how off the mark his judgment is. The guy was a looooon! LOL

AND! Did you notice that was the 1st time in the entire hearing that the defendant showed any emotion…if you can call it that. Not an ounce while the detective was on the stand. He was huffing and puffing as the witness described the defendants behaviors. The judge had to continue to tell the guy to stop personalizing his testimony. The defense was grasping.

DUH!***my apologies. I posted before I got caught up. I see this was mentioned already.

I just made myself more angry!
" Harris knew the specific make and model of the seat and what the weight limit was for the child to be seated in it. When the seat was inspected the straps for the seat were set on the lowest level for a small child."
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_talked_to_f.html
The LOWEST level. where they should be for a newborn!!!
So he wanted to make certain that Cooper could not possibly wiggle out from those straps.
Sounds like malice to me, not only did he know it was too small, but he must have had to place the straps back.in the lowest position he or Leanna one.
Secured him tightly and gave him a kiss.
Disgusting!
dumupy7y.jpg

http://carseatblog.com

He forgot his little boy but yet remembered to buy light bulbs while cooper fried in that car? What a BS liar send this evil monster to the gas chamber.

The probable cause hearing yielded soooooo much more than I had expected!

Authorities said while at work that day, Harris received a group email from the daycare. His attorney, Maddox Kilgore, said Harris texted his wife at 3:16 p.m. that day and said, "When are you going to get my buddy?" Police said they saw no texts between Harris and his wife that day.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

As usual I am way, way behind so this may already have been brought up but... lol I took notes on the hearing yesterday and what I have typed was "JRH phone records show around 4 missed calls from LH, they played phone tag, talked for abt 1 minute at 4:04 pm" (picking up his "buddy" question? idk, i didn't note that), but then I noted "3:45 - chats online with movie friends and says he will be late for movie (before he got off work and finds Cooper?). JRH stated he left work early to get to the movies and beat the rush. He left work at 4:16 and it takes less than 10 mins to get to movies. This was within 9 mins of call to LH"

I was typing in a hurry and maybe missed something but if my notes are correct it was a call and not a text, and it was a little after 4:00.

When my ladies were born 23 years ago I remember Gerber. Life insurance paperwork~~i didnt look at it at that time but perhaps?

I just made myself more angry!
" Harris knew the specific make and model of the seat and what the weight limit was for the child to be seated in it. When the seat was inspected the straps for the seat were set on the lowest level for a small child."
The LOWEST level. where they should be for a newborn!!!
So he wanted to make certain that Cooper could not possibly wiggle out from those straps.
Sounds like malice to me, not only did he know it was too small, but he must have had to place the straps back.in the lowest position he or Leanna one.
Secured him tightly and gave him a kiss.
Disgusting!
dumupy7y.jpg

http://carseatblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/KF-naked-1.JPG

Reading that actually turned my stomach...

Minor4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members