GA GA - Tara Baker, 23, Athens, 19 Jan 2001 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@concernedcitizen706 (sorry, I meant to reply to your comment!)

Randy Garrett.

From the article above.
"Athens-Clarke police Sgt. Randy Garrett, who was Clarke County coroner at the time, defended withholding the document.

"We sat down and decided it would not be in the best interest of the investigation if I signed the death certificate," Garrett said Tuesday. "Once it's signed the exact manner in which (Baker) died is going to be out in the public, and that's information only the suspect would know."

Interestingly, the Tara Baker investigator, Sgt Courtney Gale, was stabbed at a store in 2007. Just as she claimed to be making more progress in the case. 2007 was the year Athens coroner Bobby Tribble was accused by a family member of stealing from a case victim.
"Off-duty officer stabbed at store" Off-duty officer stabbed at store
She went on to become police chief but recently resigned. Watkinsville announces Police Chief Courtney Gale has resigned

Yes I just googled it I saw Randy Garrett too. Interesting I never saw his name mentioned in the older articles. So he was the one who decided not to release the cause of death.

@concernedcitizen706 (sorry, I meant to reply to your comment!)

Randy Garrett.

From the article above.
"Athens-Clarke police Sgt. Randy Garrett, who was Clarke County coroner at the time, defended withholding the document.

"We sat down and decided it would not be in the best interest of the investigation if I signed the death certificate," Garrett said Tuesday. "Once it's signed the exact manner in which (Baker) died is going to be out in the public, and that's information only the suspect would know."
So here's the question. So you just corrected me and informed me that Bobby Tribble was not the coroner during the initial murder autopsy of Tara Baker. He showed up a few years later.

However he appeared to be into some shady business. So, was he the only one? And what access did he have to the Tara Baker forensics after he became coroner?

For example, if they had any connection to a different perp, theoretically the real one, could they have gone and tampered with the DNA evidence back then to protect themselves. What kind of access would he have with his position.

My point is, a defense lawyer could make some real hay with this point. If all they have is pretty much DNA evidence, can they defend the chain of custody of the DNA evidence, with a coroner arrested for felonies?

So here's the question. So you just corrected me and informed me that Bobby Tribble was not the coroner during the initial murder autopsy of Tara Baker. He showed up a few years later.

However he appeared to be into some shady business. So, was he the only one? And what access did he have to the Tara Baker forensics after he became coroner?

For example, if they had any connection to a different perp, theoretically the real one, could they have gone and tampered with the DNA evidence back then to protect themselves. What kind of access would he have with his position.

My point is, a defense lawyer could make some real hay with this point. If all they have is pretty much DNA evidence, can they defend the chain of custody of the DNA evidence, with a coroner arrested for felonies?
Sure, chain of custody would and should be questioned by the defense!

I'm not sure how or where they store the evidence collected from an autopsy, but from what I understand about chain of custody, items of evidence are stored and if anyone else wants to access the evidence it is recorded and checked in/out in the evidence log by the guard of the evidence storage lockers.

It's very possible coroner Tribble planted evidence, maybe there is a connection between him and Faust, and that's how Tribble got his DNA, not sure what type of DNA they tested, if it was semen, blood, or touch? Has that been shared? I'm not sure.

I guess another question would be, what's the motive of Tribble? While Tribble is a felon and definitely crooked it seems that greed is the motivator in his other crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4
Back