GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right concerned, the car. I actually had that in my mind too but forgot to add it to my post. :doh: I just can't figure out what happened to her. If there was a struggle in her bedroom, why did she take her purse and keys? Very strange.

BrendaStar said:
When I saw the boyfriend claiming that she was going to committ suicide over him, the red flags went up...........
I agree. That usually raises flags for me also.

docwho3 said:
I agree. That usually raises flags for me also.
ditto.

read the link above of bf and GVS, thought it wae odd that bf did not use her name...only once when he was quoting himself speaking to Tara. certainly sounded like he was depersonalizing her.

also..what was he doing out with some wildlife official to 5-5.30 am????? i know he supposedly passed poly and has airtight alibies, but something is amiss:waitasec:

IMO

MrsMush99 said:
Right concerned, the car. I actually had that in my mind too but forgot to add it to my post. :doh: I just can't figure out what happened to her. If there was a struggle in her bedroom, why did she take her purse and keys? Very strange.

I still think she received a phone call from someone she had no fear of and was requested for some kind of help. That could be why she didn't take her cell phone......she was very comfortable with this caller. I believe the cat knocked over the clock and the lamp was already cracked. I saw pics of her home.

It wasn't exactly the neatest house I have ever seen (no offense just an observation). Clutter clusters around and add to that a known aggressive cat and well, you can imagine. There were no real signs of an immense struggle.

I think she took her purse (drivers license) and keys to rescue someone she knew who needed help. Then it went downhill from there. Someone returned her car with the seats placed further back than this 5'3" female and didn't steal the money that was in the console. So, robbery was not the motive.

concernedperson said:
I think she took her purse (drivers license) and keys to rescue someone she knew who needed help. Then it went downhill from there. Someone returned her car with the seats placed further back than this 5'3" female and didn't steal the money that was in the console. So, robbery was not the motive.
Does anyone else find it odd that she had $300 in the console of her car, unlocked no less. Why would someone have/keep that kind of money in their console? Seems like it would be a bit much to be "emergency" money. Have they done forensic analysis of her car? Everytime I see it, it's parked at her house. I figure they probably took prints and sprayed it with luminol, but wonder if any further testing was done?

adit said:
Does anyone else find it odd that she had $300 in the console of her car, unlocked no less. Why would someone have/keep that kind of money in their console? Seems like it would be a bit much to be "emergency" money. Have they done forensic analysis of her car? Everytime I see it, it's parked at her house. I figure they probably took prints and sprayed it with luminol, but wonder if any further testing was done?

Ocilla is small town America, a place where the sheriff usually as little to do. If you reference the site below, there's much info on the case.

I sounds like Harper's lawyer couldn't fit the poly into HIS schedule, which fueled speculation, but Harper later took and passed it. Harper apparently is not a suspect. He was in the company of either a DNR or a law enforcement friend until 5:30 a.m., a really good alibi. It's a strange case, even stranger when you consider the county search has officially ended. It's now volunteer.

http://findtara.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=fcae8ed6a86d8c8aefd369e91cd999f8

adit said:
Yes, I brought that up a few posts back. $300 cash is a LOT to have in a car, especially when it's unlocked.
:(

MrsMush99 said:
Why would she leave the house with her purse and her keys to commit suicide? I don't know, it doesn't seem right to me. The necklace on the floor, the clock under the bed. And she did live alone in the house, why wouldn't she kill herself there?
There was a series of stories about people jumping off the bridge in San Fran and they would lay their purse or wallet down on the ground before jumping.
It's kind of a note that they didn't leave saying goodbye.

It was an interesting read... a 7-part series.
I will try to find it.

I am leaning towards the suicide theory myself.
Everything I've read has indicated she was pursuing her ex, and she was not over him.
:(

Here's the link I mentioned above: http://www.sfgate.com/lethalbeauty/ .

In some of the suicide stories, the people just left their wallets, personal items, etc. on the ground and then jumped. It's just a theory I'm leaning towards. I hope Tara's alive somewhere, but some of the stores I've read in the media have really depicted her as being depressed and still in love with her ex. Maybe her ex is telling the truth and she was thinking about suicide.

PrayersForMaura said:
In some of the suicide stories, the people just left their wallets, personal items, etc. on the ground and then jumped. It's just a theory I'm leaning towards. I hope Tara's alive somewhere, but some of the stores I've read in the media have really depicted her as being depressed and still in love with her ex. Maybe her ex is telling the truth and she was thinking about suicide.

I agree with you. A week earlier she had said her good byes to Harper...Maybe she felt like she owed it to the girls in the pagent to be there for them. The only real question is how she got to where she is. Are there any lakes, river around. How did she do it? I can see her taking her purse and leaving her cell so she wouldn't call or get a call to change her mind....
That's just a theroy of course. As far as her car- she could have moved the seat back for something as simple as dropping something and reaching for it. Any other time it wouldn't be unnormal, but since she's missing it would definatly stand out.
The money is also a weird situation. Maybe she is careless like that, maybe she had just gotten paid for something at the pagent. I have a friend who does shows like that and they pay her cash. I think if the money was involved in her circumstances we never would have seen it. She would have had it or someone else.

It seems eons ago that I was Tara's age, but way back then I had a similar break-up with a guy. I, too, went a little crazy, took long drives, may have even been guilty of stalking had there been such a thing. I can appreciate her frame of mind.

Could Tara have been upset again over Harper? He apparently was at the pageant on Saturday afternoon; I would guess she saw him there.

I think she couldn't sleep or slept only a few hours, then left on her own somewhere between 11:30 and 6:00 to take a drive. I suspect she left earlier rather than later, since her cell phone was charging, and she didn't take it. This takes Harper off the suspect list, since his whereabouts are known until 5:30 a.m.

Where did she go? Probably to Harper's, but maybe just for a drive. Did she see Harper, or is he not at all involved; she could have been abducted anywhere along her drive.

I think, however, that someone she knew brought returned her car - seat just a little too far back. Then, too, her dog began barking around 7:00 a.m. Sunday. What else might have made the dog bark but thinking Tara had just come home?

The inside of her house does not show enough signs to support a struggle. The sister said the lamp was askew, not knocked over. The unlocked door was above the carport. Her message board said it hadn't been opened in years.

Just a thought but what if she did she Harper at the pagaent and for whatever reason showed up at his house later all up set and distraught maybe he wasn't home and she did something to herself there so he would find her and then he panicked and got rid of her body and brought her car back to the house.... that might be why the seat was farfther back then she would have had it.

Very strange case but something tells me this EX-Boy friend knows more then he is saying. Just a feeling I have anyhow.

MistyGirl said:
Just a thought but what if she did she Harper at the pagaent and for whatever reason showed up at his house later all up set and distraught maybe he wasn't home and she did something to herself there so he would find her and then he panicked and got rid of her body and brought her car back to the house.... that might be why the seat was farfther back then she would have had it.
When did he say that he went to the pagent? In his interview with Greta the other night he said he hadn't seen her in a week, other than getting two emails from her.

I usually blame the ex in these scenarios and a few pages back I wanted to blame him but this time, I really can't bring myself to blame him. I've just read in too many places that she was distraught, pulled off the road, this and that. I mean, I guess it is possible that she could have taken it too far and really got on his nerves or something and it was an accident but he seems to have really been over her. She is really beautiful, though, and seems to have been quite a catch. That's what really gets me. I know a lot of women who are in similar spots ... they are smart, beautiful, sweet, good job, great life ahead of them and they could have pretty much any guy but they pine over the one they can't have.... :(

It's odd though that she hasn't turned up, which does lead me to think foul play.

This one is very, very strange.
I just hope she is found soon. And the longer she is not showing up, the worse the outcome is seeming.

CrimeHater said:
When did he say that he went to the pagent? In his interview with Greta the other night he said he hadn't seen her in a week, other than getting two emails from her.
Trino said:
Could Tara have been upset again over Harper? He apparently was at the pageant on Saturday afternoon; I would guess she saw him there."

I guess the only place I saw that he attended the pagaent was in the post above by Trino. So I am not sure if that is true or not but when I read it that idea popped into my mind. Just thinking out loud.....

CrimeHater said:
I'm pretty sure he wasn't at the pageant. I think somebody, somewhere on one of these boards took "he was in town that day" and turned it into "he was at the pageant" and somehow it's been passed along as fact. That information is false.

adit said:
I'm pretty sure he wasn't at the pageant. I think somebody, somewhere on one of these boards took "he was in town that day" and turned it into "he was at the pageant" and somehow it's been passed along as fact. That information is false.
Okay folks, happens to all of us..below is link to his interveiw:)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174968,00.html

xBF says last time he saw Tara was friday morn at 9am on oct 14....then when asked if he saw her again, he says yes, later that day at 4pm when Tara came to his house....etc.

I find this transcript a bit alarming...xBF never mentions Tara's name..depersonalizing her. Except one time when he quotes himself.

MistyGirl said:

Very strange case but something tells me this EX-Boy friend knows more then he is saying. Just a feeling I have anyhow.
Good theory, one problem, though, is he lives with one of his parents and I'm thinking the parent would have been home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje