GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never heard about Dykes' wife and Tara scuffling before. Was this on the night she disappeared?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jennibee, I think Istiff is speaking hypothetically about the scuffle between Tara and the wife, I beLIEve.

Please do not take my explanation as the truth, as I am just guessing.

Istiff, please come back and help us understand. Your theory/truth is quite interesting and believable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if they had an argument but there sure was a good reason to have one

I see. I think it's a very plausible theory. Dykes could be trying to double bluff everyone. We may think; why would he leave his business card and make it so obvious he had been there? Surely he can't be involved? Or can he? Hmmm. He certainly would have the appropriate set of skills needed to commit a perfect murder.

IF HD was involved, his wife probably knows what happened too. If that's the case I can't see any of them ever talking. Ever.

Moo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would just like it exsplained to me why that if my long time gf even fiance at some point or talked about it which it what MH and tara were if your that close and even though u have broke up surely the familly still liked her look at the kind of girl she was so i wanna know why it is they wont let police or anyone search MH parents like many acre land where they live that has allways struck me as very odd to the point of when searchers did go on the property they were shot at what do they have to hide that they dont want people searching that land.

Approaching ten years with Tara still missing.

Ten years later, Tara Grinstead's disappearance still baffles

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article39641307.html

Grinstead's vanishing in late October 2005 has remained a mystery for a decade now. Hers is perhaps the region's most widely publicized missing-persons case in history. Her story has been told and retold on network television crime programs and been the subject of cable news talk shows.

Hers was the rare local case that rose to some degree of national prominence despite the remoteness of its geography.

There is one piece of evidence that is now considered a significant clue: a latex glove.

Investigators found it in Grinstead's yard. The glove contained what authorities have said contained "male-profiled" DNA and a fingerprint. But so far no match has turned up.

Meanwhile, Rothwell said there is "information we have never released that we can't explain."

"It's astounding to me," he said, "as many resources as we have devoted to this case, we really don't know any more about what happened to her than we did in the first week. ... It's just baffling."

Meanwhile, Rothwell said there is "information we have never released that we can't explain."

(Geez, release it, maybe it will solve the case.)

Potential evidence that was collected in 2005, apparently from Grinstead's house, may in the end prove vital to finding out what became of her.

Labs, he said, are "able to separate DNA that had maybe been meshed." (come on, do the tests already)

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article39641307.html#storylink=cpy

It's been almost 10 years, come on, release it!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I apologize for anyone taking the HD wife and Tara scuffling theory as fact. I take all of the knowns that I have read and can find...and then let my mind take me through a whole scenario of how I think it could plausibly have happened. That was just another theory that popped into my head and I typed it to see what you guys thought. Purely speculative on my behalf. His wife would be pissed though, right? I know mine would be. I wonder if Rothwell and others read our posts. If so, not to flatter ourselves but it is kind of like brainstorming for him and maybe one of our ideas will help something make sense. Once again...I could not be any less connected as I have never even visited that part of Georgia. Cases like this just form a spot in my mind and I will never stop wondering about it until we find out what happened. You can only watch the documentaries and read articles and hope that new information comes out. If they have more info...put it out there and let us have a crack at it. There are a lot of great criminal like minds on here.

So...when they say meshed DNA, do they mean that the perp may have reused a glove in a further attempt to throw off the investigation? If he grabbed a previously used and discarded glove...it would have multiple peoples DNA inside it and now he feels that they can distinguish amongst the people who were wearing it?...or am I reading too much into this?

What they mean by meshed is a mixed DNA, more than one person's DNA on glove. I think the glove was planted

Have been aware of this case for a long time. Watched a special on Greta Saturday night. Very sad, for the family, there hasn't been a resolution.

Reminds me of the Jennifer Kesse disappearance in FL. Does anyone think there is a connection? Didn't they happen close together?

Wildebeest, I don't think they are connected and do you remember that kid that stated he took them both, bla bla bla? A big hoax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a video that was made by one of Tara's students. Has some good pictures and facts. Supposedly Tara brought her dog in every night, but the dog was still out. She probably wasn't home long before she was attacked.

[video=youtube;bIIZVqPubqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIIZVqPubqA[/video]

Tara had been watching another dog that night for Dana and Bruce Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members