GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that. The implication I remember was that it came to blows with either her family (parents) or the BIL. I remember the distinct impression that the sister was in the dark. But, this was so many years ago that, admittedly, my memory is foggy. To again reiterate my prior disclaimer, I certainly question the veracity of this information. But, with a case that's been lingering this long with so few answers, I thought it might be worth food for thought to generate ideas.

I appreciate the local perspective. In your initial post, you referenced potentially coming to blows over the affair but then stated that perhaps the sis didn't know - does this mean rumor has it, that the brother in law and Tara came to blows? I'm just curious and wanna make sure I'm reading it right. Thanks for sharing, it's greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to that. The implication I remember was that it came to blows with either her family (parents) or the BIL. I remember the distinct impression that the sister was in the dark. But, this was so many years ago that, admittedly, my memory is foggy. To again reiterate my prior disclaimer, I certainly question the veracity of this information. But, with a case that's been lingering this long with so few answers, I thought it might be worth food for thought to generate ideas.

Appreciate the reply - thanks! Love seeing Tara's thread, active

All I am saying is that if someone has information they feel is important, then ultimately if it is going help has to go to the GBI.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hoping and praying that 2017 brings answers for Tara's family and friends.

All of this came back to mind in listening to the Up and Vanished podcast. With respect that podcast, I have a few "local perspective" thoughts of my own. First, and there's no nice way to say this, everyone in the area knows that local cops are corrupt. The area is a drug epicenter, and it never gets better because the cops get kickbacks. It's just the way of life down there, and locals aren't surprised at all to hear they are involved in covering things up when it suits them. Murder is certainly taking it to the extreme, but, the point is, as someone who has been in the area for 20 years, I don't bat an eyelash at the thought of a police cover-up. Many of the friendships run deep, going back generations because their parents and grandparents were also friends going up. Local police are the law down there. If they want to bury something, it gets buried.

On a similar note, the podcast spends considerable time trying to paint the young man who committed suicide as mentally unwell. His story about the dirt road encounter is almost viewed as a work of science fiction. I didn't know that young man, and I have no personal knowledge about his circumstances. But, I can say that it didn't sound crazy to me at all. I can't tell you how much shady stuff goes down on these back roads, from affairs to fights to drug deals. When my local friends and I heard that, we were all like "yep, could totally see that happening." You stumble upon something you weren't supposed to see and have the proverbial fear of God put in you. I'm not saying it's true, but I'm just saying that it didn't seem far-fetched to me.

After I heard the last episode and the email to her stepmother about MH and his mother, I keep going back to the possibility of drugs. Maybe MH was involved in some sort of activity. And his mother knew or was also involved? Obviously, this is entirely speculative, but the wording in her emails makes me think she KNEW they were up to something...something illegal. Did anyone else feel like this?

And, I completely agree about the man who committed suicide. I feel like there is some truth to it - especially after what his brother said about MHs gun. I am not saying he wasn't mentally ill. But, mental illness is a really good "reason" to discount someone's information. "Oh, that person is crazy, you can't believe him/her." All too convenient, IMO.

After this exchange, I did some googling, and, to my surprise, apparently this was something discussed outside of the gossip mill. According to this article, the BIL indicated deception when questioned about an affair. http://thecontextofthings.com/2014/07/30/can-we-ever-solve-the-tara-grinstead-case/

The comments section also has some interesting food for thought. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Appreciate the reply - thanks! Love seeing Tara's thread, active

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought there may be traction to his story. At the very least, it appeared to warrant serious consideration and investigation, which it didn't seem to get in that particular forum.

That is old news, nothing new and and was fully investigated. The BIL actually admitted this in an interview, it would be nice if some others would talk just like he did.

There's never been a POI named in this case. As the gbi has always said no one has been ruled out in this case despite their DNA not matching, their prints not matching or any polygraph results

Your disdain for this information is once again noted, and I refer you to my prior comments in that regard. To be clear, you were privately retained by the BIL and his wife, correct? I want to make sure we are viewing your commentary through the appropriate lens.

That is old news, nothing new and and was fully investigated. The BIL actually admitted this in an interview, it would be nice if some others would talk just like he did.

I work for no one and I have gone after Dykes big time who is their best friend. Anyone who has followed this case closely knows that Tara's sister asked me to work on the case but I did it pro bono. GBI has checked all this and nothing has been done with any of the so called poi in this case. Like I said if you have credible information about anyone I am all ears.

Do you have a link to that article or video of the interview? I never read or saw anything where he admitted to it.

Link to my blog and you can read a lot of interviews
https://solvetaragrinsteadcase.word...ia-transcripts-about-the-tara-grinstead-case/

I didn't see anything in there about a discussion of an alleged affair btw L. Gattis and T. Grinstead. To the best of my knowledge he has never admitted to it. I do know of these two interviews:

With Greta Van Sustern about 3 months later, but he never says emphatically he did not have an affair or "Tara and I did not have an affair." He basically takes issue with polygraph examiner's line of questioning:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/0...ead-relatives-furious-with-investigators.html

Then this one about a year late from another reporter I had never heard of before. He seems a tad more emphatic about there being no affair.
http://larryharrietlive.blogspot.com/2006/11/larry-gattis-exclusive.html

If Larry Gattis did admit to an affair later, I have not seen anything on that point.

Gattis has never admitted to it

Admitted to not passing one question on the polygraph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics