GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a great podcast! I learned a lot about Georgia law! Great guests too! 

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
I enjoyed the podcast too!
There was a lot of very interesting law explanations too!
As always great job PL!!

Sundrop quick question. You may be able to clarify this for me. You know I'm all about the tiny details haha! So sorry in advance!
Ok here's my question.
This is the second time I've heard of red clay being on her car.
When you were looking over her car and gathering evidence that was missed before, did you notice any red clay anywhere on her car or maybe under it or in the wheel wells or cracks of the door jams or under the hood?
I just never see red clay down here.
When I lived near Atlanta that's all there was there- red clay.
When I would drive from my hometown here to my home up there using 82/520 I believe is the name of the road, I wouldn't start noticing red clay in fields until well past Albany. I always noticed because of how beautiful it was. I personally hate red clay and nothing can be grown in it without a ton of work and God forbid you have to scrub it out of baseball pants! But it is beautiful to look at. So imho red clay is a little more rare down here.
You spent a lot of time in Ocilla and Fitzgerald. Did you notice a lot of red clay?
Thank you in advance!

I have learned so much about this case from the UandV podcast and reading recent articles about the arrests. I can't believe so much is happening now after more than 11 years! I hope for more answers soon but I'm afraid that the legal process will be long with extended periods of no news or updates. Finally some answers, though.

Sundrop quick question. You may be able to clarify this for me. You know I'm all about the tiny details haha! So sorry in advance!
Ok here's my question.
When you were looking over her car and gathering evidence that was missed before, did you notice any red clay anywhere on her car or maybe under it or in the wheel wells or cracks of the door jams or under the hood?
When I would drive from my hometown here to my home up there using 82/520 I believe is the name of the road, I wouldn't start noticing red clay in fields until well past Albany. I always noticed because of how beautiful it was. I personally hate red clay and nothing can be grown in it without a ton of work and God forbid you have to scrub it out of baseball pants! But it is beautiful to look at. So imho red clay is a little more rare down here.
You spent a lot of time in Ocilla and Fitzgerald. Did you notice a lot of red clay?
Thank you in advance!

ok, has anyone seen red clay anywhere? It wouldn't point towards the pecan grove because pecan trees cant grow in red clay. Next up if its liver failure for RD that could point easily to a form of hepatitis which is rampant amongst intravenous drug users. I can't find any articles on his health issues.

What a great podcast! I learned a lot about Georgia law! Great guests too! 😊

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

I just finished S1 Ep 12. Nancy Grace was on top of her game and I enjoyed hearing from her when she was not pressed to say bombshell! like every five minutes :bombshell:

Once upon a time, she was the only person in MSM who was the voice for missing women and children who I would have otherwise never known about, and then I found WS.

:heartbeat: Tricia! :heartbeat:

I just finished S1 Ep 12. Nancy Grace was on top of her game and I enjoyed hearing from her when she was not pressed to say bombshell! like every five minutes :bombshell:

Once upon a time, she was the only person in MSM who was the voice for missing women and children who I would have otherwise never known about, and then I found WS.

:heartbeat: Tricia! :heartbeat:

I enjoyed her bit, too. But why do you guys think she and Payne were so certain that there was no relationship between Tara and/or RD/BD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok, has anyone seen red clay anywhere? It wouldn't point towards the pecan grove because pecan trees cant grow in red clay. Next up if its liver failure for RD that could point easily to a form of hepatitis which is rampant amongst intravenous drug users. I can't find any articles on his health issues.

Exactly and looking at that orchard and the roads around it...looks like dark fertile soil to me.
Red clay strangles everything grown in it. Fields are slightly different because they get tilled often and the clay doesn't have a chance to choke out the plants.

I will give you an example. I was an avid gardener and loved working in the yards planting flowers. Well when we moved to near Atlanta, my first order of business of course was to get to planting flowers! Everything was so boring. Just landscape bushes and nothing pretty. Didn't understand why.
So I go and spend like $600 dollars on plants. The yard was beautiful then!
2 months later everything was DEAD and never came back. The clay had choked it out.
So the following year I decided I was determined to HAVE a beautiful flower garden. So I spent 2 weeks busting up the ground with a pick ax and completely removed a foot deep of clay and put in straight planting soil. It lasted a year.... The following year I waited and waited for my perennials to come up and my spring and summer bushes to blossom. NOTHING.
I start digging and the clay had already worked itself back up and took back over.
I gave up gardening and only used planters after that.
So if there WAS red clay... I think it may help point to a good location. Might want to check with the local AG people to see if there are some clay deposit areas though.

ETA: I should add that I did have one lone tulip that came up every year..... it was usually scraggly and looked so beaten but it never failed me. My hubby wasn't allowed near that little tulip for fear he would accidently kill it. lol I guess I should give "the little engine that could" a shoutout. Finally.... after 12 years! :laughing:poor little feller.

Ok here's my question.
Thank you in advance!

I'm obviously not Sundrop but I'll throw in my two cents here as a former local.

Honestly, I'd say there's actually quite a bit of red clay? It's not everywhere, obviously, but there are plenty of places in the Berrien County and Irwin County areas that seeing it on a car wouldn't be all that strange, especially if you went down some of the back roads. A lot of the dirt roads seem to be made up of it; I used to go wandering down the dirt roads all around and lived on one when I was in Tift County and my poor Camaro would get coated in it after it rained, because it was easy to go sliding when the clay was wet.

Didn't she drive, like, a Mitsubishi GT3000? Honestly, I can't remember, but I could swear that was the car. Either way, I wouldn't see that car going offroad but it would definitely pick up mud/clay from dirt roads if taken down one, especially in some of the boggier areas where the roads never really dry out, out around Five Bridges Road and thereabouts.

I'm obviously not Sundrop but I'll throw in my two cents here as a former local.

Honestly, I'd say there's actually quite a bit of red clay? It's not everywhere, obviously, but there are plenty of places in the Berrien County and Irwin County areas that seeing it on a car wouldn't be all that strange, especially if you went down some of the back roads. A lot of the dirt roads seem to be made up of it; I used to go wandering down the dirt roads all around and lived on one when I was in Tift County and my poor Camaro would get coated in it after it rained, because it was easy to go sliding when the clay was wet.

Didn't she drive, like, a Mitsubishi GT3000? Honestly, I can't remember, but I could swear that was the car. Either way, I wouldn't see that car going offroad but it would definitely pick up mud/clay from dirt roads if taken down one, especially in some of the boggier areas where the roads never really dry out, out around Five Bridges Road and thereabouts.

Georgia native myself growing up. Would see the red clay on the school playground up in Marietta all the way down to the onions in valdosta. Red clay is EVERYWHERE there.

HMMM look what I found with some digging! Does any of these places sound familiar?
https://vanishingsouthgeorgia.com/b...ight-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa/
What is interesting though with this one is they have since torn that old farmhouse down I believe and in those pictures the ground directly around it was dark black and fertile looking.

https://vanishingsouthgeorgia.com/2014/07/06/crystal-lake-irwin-county-3/ You can see some slight pinkish dirt under the oaks in the next to last photo I believe.

last link :
https://soilseries.sc.egov.usda.gov/OSD_Docs/O/OCILLA.html

So there may be some clay in certain areas.But it appears to mainly be deeper in the soil and not up top from what I gather from the last link.

It's so sad to see Crystal Lake looking like that. I have a lot of great memories of that place as a kid.

I'd say that was actually pretty right. It's always seemed to me that most of the dirt roads (actual roads, not paths that cut through someone's property or whatever) around there are...Cut out? Of the landscape? If that makes sense? You'll drive down them and the road sits lower than the embankments/woods/whatever on either side, they don't typically tend to be level with the road.

Edited to add: Vanishing South Georgia is a great blog, by the way. I know so many of those places personally from first hand experience, so it's nice to see it getting preserved.

You bring up a great point.
On our farm road it is kinda reddish but the soil directly on either side is black. Is it possible they spread clay on dirt roads to keep it a little harder? But you are SO right about it being slick! I've lost control many a time on a back road like that. But I should add when we do go down our farm road the mud doesn't dry reddish. It dries like the color of beach sand. But looking at it in a certain light it would look reddish on the ground. Does that make sense?
Do you think it would be easier to possibly locate a specific area they could have took her car based on some areas being more clay than others?
Thank you for your local input! Helps me out a lot! :tyou:

It's so sad to see Crystal Lake looking like that. I have a lot of great memories of that place as a kid.

I'd say that was actually pretty right. It's always seemed to me that most of the dirt roads (actual roads, not paths that cut through someone's property or whatever) around there are...Cut out? Of the landscape? If that makes sense? You'll drive down them and the road sits lower than the embankments/woods/whatever on either side, they don't typically tend to be level with the road.

Edited to add: Vanishing South Georgia is a great blog, by the way. I know so many of those places personally from first hand experience, so it's nice to see it getting preserved.

I loved Crystal Lake too!
Such great memories there!!! It really is sad to see it so hauntingly lonesome. :(

I took my daughter's senior pictures out at the farm. Let me see if I can dig one up of the road. BRB

With regards to adding clay content...I kind of doubt it? I've seen new roads scraped out and that's pretty much all they do: Scrape them out. And I know while the road I lived on was regularly scraped by the county because it was a residential area (it's actually paved now), out away and on those piddly roads that just bisect the countryside, I highly doubt they even do that, considering the washboard state they're usually in, and how some wash out when it really pours. Honestly, I think it's just the natural soil composition when they scrape that far down.

I honestly haven't been down a dirt road in that area in almost five years, so I couldn't make a guess of any that are redder than others, but from personal experience, even with the mud dries on a car, it still stays fairly red. I drove a dark blue Camaro when I lived down there and it always, always dried that thick, cakey red.

I loved Crystal Lake too!
Such great memories there!!! It really is sad to see it so hauntingly lonesome. :(

The Rampage was my first big girl waterslide. I think I was, like, seven, lol.

Breaks my heart, though, even though I know the Adcocks will never reopen. So much land just wasting away out there.

:scared:I've lost her dang senior pictures! OMG. :facepalm:
But of interest I should say..... I did find this picture of me doing my favorite therapy.... target practice. Look at the pecan tree behind me. It's still got leaves and no pecans are down yet..... this was taken mid October 2011 close to Ocilla.
Ignore that I look like crap! And why yes I am sitting on the ground shooting a gun for hours in a dress! That's how we do it round here! :laughing:
attachment.php
I used to sit there for hours going through boxes of 22s when I was stressed. But that is what our pecan trees looked like around the same time of the year and 6 years later. It's always been like that for us too.

Attachments

• pecan tree.jpg
    pecan tree.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 195
The Rampage was my first big girl waterslide. I think I was, like, seven, lol.

Breaks my heart, though, even though I know the Adcocks will never reopen. So much land just wasting away out there.

I forget why they closed it exactly.
Lawsuits maybe?:thinking:
I heard it was now a private hunting club and the lake is all but dried up?

But I guess I should add that we let our pecans fall naturally. And heck even notice the grass is still green too! That's a hay field behind me obviously. But I think you are right about why the roads look like they do. They cut them out down to the clay level like in that link I posted. The roads do sit lower than the surrounding land too. They still wash out though... so it's definitely not as firm as more North Georgia clay lol! I drove my Camaro down a dirt road one night in the rain in my teens doing dumb stuff as usual and 4 hours later I was still waiting on the farmer down the road to come haul me out with his tractor.:laughing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back